It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was mysterious jellyfish in sky caused by space satellite reflecting Northern Lights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Was mysterious jellyfish in sky caused by space satellite reflecting Northern Lights?

u2w3.com

A strange jellyfish-shaped object spotted hanging in the sky over Norway, may have been caused by light from the aurora being bounced off a space satellite, experts say.
If proven it will be the first known case of a satellite reflecting the Northern Lights.
The mysterious phenomenon was photographed last week by amateur photographer Per-Arne Milkalsen over Andenesm, Norway.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
i.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I did a quick search to see if this had been posted but nothing turned up.

An interesting image of a oddly shaped 'thing' in the sky (over Norway again).

This looks quite organic and in someway similar to some images posted on ATS before.

The article takes the line that it is a satellite reflecting off the Northern lights which sounds plausible. There are other options though so would be interested to see what people think and their ideas.

u2w3.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28/1/10 by AlwaysQuestion]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Aaaahahahahahahaha!!!!

That is classic! It's "swamp gas" all over again.

I haven't got a clue what it actually is, but the explanation given just sounds like a major cover story.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It sure is odd.

The coloration of it clearly indicates it is part of the Aurora.

Maybe it was a satellite reflection, maybe it was something else.

Maybe it was not a reflection at all, and simply just a random electrical occurrence, being it is part of the Aurora in the first place.

Great find man, I bet this thread will go far lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hey hey, soz but I saw another member post this the other day......

here's the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sure is odd though..

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is one of the few times I think an explanation like this is actually likely. Normally I ignore these excuses without pausing, but this actually seems plausible to me.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'm not usually one to jump on the debunkers side of things, but i think Chadwickus has this spot on, from the other thread. It looks the same as what he's posted as a lense artifact, so it probably is that.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Has anyone ever thought, that the Regan star wars defense system which has caused so many worries ever since, may be different from what has been thought all this time? perhaps the Soviet/Russian responses to Star Wars was the real conspiracy?

Let me try and explain real quick.

Remember the strange speeches during Regan's administration, where he asked what if the World was facing a different threat from outside our Planet? perhaps Star Wars was for just that and is today, to face a threat coming our way from outer Space, and with some of the Worlds leading powers in on the information, Russian protest would keep everyone thinking it was a missile defense shield, when in fact the weapon is pointing out into space instead.

What this picture could show, is part of that system reflecting the Northern Lights, if it was a known satellite it would be easily checked, so many sites offer tracking and we have time, date location, sure there are many we are not privy too, but if the World powers are aware of a threat from elsewhere, then a cover story is easily developed.

Just maybe Star Wars is responsible for a lot of the flashes seen in the skies worldwide? doing what was intended, it could explain away a lot of what has been witnessed over the years, including the space shuttle footage of a UFO doing an about turn closely followed by a missile, never in a million years will I ever accept that was ice particles.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Got to be a ship, what else could it be.
Situated right in a stream of negative ether carriers.
All those green lines of 'electrons'.
We see the negative beam on top and the spread of positive ether
carriers at the craft bottom.
That explained what is the circle on the bottom picture.
A cloud or a land formation.
Circular clouds from the UFO, yeah we've seen that.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It could be a lens flare or something to that effect, kind of like these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85fe78f14e32.jpg[/atsimg]

But there's already a discussion here as well

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Having read the other thread and seeing this one pop up on top with no disrespect to the first person who posted this article.

if its a satelite.. how big is it... really think about that in proportion with the assumed distance of where an orbit for a satelite would occur.

Second, the lens flare theories are an insult to profession photographers. Why?

Third, the image can be rolled back in exposure and all the time with or without filters there is still a reflection that is on top of the object. the objest has to be solid no questions....

Fourth,

The angle of reflection is out of alignment with the Aurora. It clearly is nothing more than an object that has caught light and bounced it elsewhere.

I will look forward to someone who can "debunk" this one"

Not saying UFO, saying solid object not in orbit that is all...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Thanks - I thought it odd it was not on here but a search didnt pick anything up for me...

Please continue this on the thread originally posted.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
A satellite that just happens to look like a solar collector. Ok. Yeah, I'll believe that one!

top topics

join