It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija does not work.........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
www.csicop.org...

I have had this for quite some time just forgotten to post it. After reading this article my brother and I decided to do the experiment ourselves. Suprisinglly we could not even get a word to spell out correctly for questions that we both knew the answer to.

Ouija is nothing more than the power of suggestion.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well, thats possible, but anyone who has had an encounter with a board and felt it seriously strong will tell you otherwise I bet. I have only had once where I contacted something, and I am certain, it wasnt me or the other guy on the board, because the feeling to the moving of the pallet was not "natural". I personally wont try out a board again to find out, I don't need one

On some level it could very well be sub concious projection to the board in a lot of instancess, but I do still believe that it can and does contact spirits.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yep, you can't claim that the Ouija board doesn't work (period), based on other's experiences and your own. Maybe it doesn't work for you, because of the power of suggestion.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's just another thing in life that is specific to the person who experiences it. I'm one of those people that doesn't get visited by aliens, ouija doesn't work, and I don't have feelings of living a past life or seeing ghosts. I think i'm deprived of the good things in life!

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well the thing is that I have had some pretty freaky experiences with the Ouija but I was looking at the board when it happened. Try as I might no matter how creepy a place my brother and I have tried to conduct this experiment we cannot get the damn thing to form words when we are not looking at it.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I know they work. I posted this before but I've used a Ouija board and instructed a hot chick to get naked for me. Gotta love the powers behind that

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
In the past I would say that yes the Oiuja is a very powerful tool however I tend to think now that it is a subconsious thing. I have seen and heard some strange things in the past connected to a Ouija board but not once if I cannot see the board.

If you beleive that it works I ask you to try my little experiment and see what happens.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
A Monopoly board would work just as good. I think they're both made by Parker Brothers.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I do not have an answer as to whether they work or not,but I can tell of an experience that I had with one when I was a young teen(don't ask how long ago that was
).Me and a couple of friends had the board out for kicks.His mom would right a number down on a piece of paper where we could not see it,then fold it up and hold it.We asked the board what the number was and 20 out of 20 times it was right.Could be one of us was phsycic but there was no way anyone knew the number or could have seen it.I even peeked to see if she told anyone the number.Weird stuff.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
OK there have been millions of threads on this. Look it up, we had some great arguments!

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
But the board still works. Why?

The way I see it, spirits cannot physically manipulate our surroundings (unless it be a poltergeist). But since spiritual creatures are still in a form of energy...

There are portions of our brain that may be sensitive to such things; I myself have had experiences where my eyes would instantly flood water (not crying, but my tear ducts would just empty), and my eyes would feel as if they were being pushed out of my head, when in contact with supernatural entities, on things or situations other than ouija boards. Our brain could be 'picking up' their signal, and then WE are the ones who manipulate the pointer thingy.

But his is not to say we are the ones doing the writing. Does our computer screen do the typing by itself? No. We are telling the keyboard what to do, and in turn it is sending that message onto the screen. Just with the ouija board, the ghosts or entities are telling our subconscious brain what to do... and we see the results on paper.

There are many different things you can do to amplify this signal, wether it is changing the board/making your own, to using crystals instead of a plastic pointer... but do a search, you'll find this info elsewhere.

To get back to what you were mentioning... are we guiding the pointer? Yes. Is it being led by our thoughts? Maybe, maybe not... ask yourself who put those thoughts there. There will be times when you may now what is being said before it is spelt out, which is fine... it just means you are more in-tune with the supernatural.

As for board activities...

When I was in the military, I asked the board where my first station will be (this was before recieving my orders, I was still in my school)... it said near i rose ma, which made no sense. It wasn't untilo after recieving orders to go to Japan did it make sense... sound it out a bit differently... i ro se ma... Hirosema.

Then, after getting to Japan, I was still using the board. I asked for any information about space (I was, and still am, believing gods are aliens). It said watch the eye. Huh? A couple days later, on the news, they had satelite images of the dark side of the moon... there it was... a crater within one of those darker fields... just this one crater, looking like a great big eye...

There are alot of things I've done and found out through the use of a ouija board which I cannot claim as being from my own mind.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i think quija works. ive heard about alot of crazy things and know relatives who hold credible information about such crafts.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Unfortunitily, they do work. Your not contacting ghosts, your #ing with demons. Just a warning, watch out. Ive heard about demon possesions from just getting your palm read!!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
When you first open the box notice how there are no instructions anywhere? Just go to parker brother home page and see for your self. Seems kinda odd.........

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
In my experience, those who are really and truly convinced that Ouija doesn't work won't have any luck with it. If there's some doubt, it may work, but not necessarily. Those who believe without a shadow of a doubt that they can contact someone or something with the boards can usually do so. However, most of the time people are just talking to themselves (the upper levels of their subconscious), and that's why they get answers that are in line with their own fears & desires.

I've also found that there are trickster spirits who like to mess with inexperienced users. They'll claim to be anything from God to Satan, and it's the reaction they get -- belief and/or fear -- that feeds them.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
i've tried it, it worked and there is no way in hell im doing it again. Period. I don't know how it #in works, but i ain't trying it again to find out.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I've tried ouiji board out maybe a dozen times. I believe they work, they are definetly doing something. If not just letting our subconcious mind come out and play, then it is definitely contacting something.

I first used them when I was in grade 7 in elementary school, and our teacher was from Trinidad. When he found out we were using it he immediately, warned us that it was evil and we shouldn't be messing with it. That was very creepy because voodoo, and other black magic are more common place in those parts of the world.

So we would use it at lunch, and after school, and we asked it questions and other things, and had some fun, until we were all very suspicious it was fake. So we decided to see if we could ask the "spirits" to move an item on the board by itself. We tore a very small piece of plastic off of a drinking box straw wrapper. (About 1cm x 1cm) and put it on the board.

We would then sit and watch, as the plastic TWITCHED on the board. Freaked us out!! So we did it again, and it moved again. There was no drafts in the place we were doing this in, and the plastic was too small to be getting "blown on" by one of our friends. We tested this, even the slightest breath on the thing would move it across the board because it was so light. But thats not how it was moving it would just sit there and twitch when we asked. It was creepy as hell but also very interesting!

My experience with that board ended one day after school we were in the basement, sitting outside the locked lunchroom. When someone said hey ghost turn the lights in the locked lunch room on. The light switches were on the inside of the locked doors (with windows).

Well surprise surprise the lights came on. I ran out of the school so fast.... Never to touch it again. Until my 20's where I played with one for a bit, got scared again, and threw it out. Funny enough you hear stories about people trying to get rid of thier ouiji boards and they can't. Well about 6 months later, my friend tells me "my ouiji board is still in his trunk". I was like uhh I threw mine out 6 months ago. Oh well when I tossed it the second time I told it or whatever spirit was connected with it not to follow me back home. And I havn't seen it since.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
stay well away from Ouija boards
unless you are with someone who is qualified in this area.
its like going out naked in glasgow.
you are just asking for trouble

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
for me this just show how "scientific methods", and science in self can be just...futile! if that it is related there is a "scientific method"...i am the queen of sheeba!!Imao!
this is like:,ok lets do it...work?....no!,,,then it not possible!!its fiction!!!..lol. just insane!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Have done alot of ouija boards, when I was younger. Lots of different things happened including information received about deceased relatives that as youngesters we had no knowledge of and glasses (we didn't have a board so we used a glass on a table) moving rapidly by themselves. Don't muck around with that stuff now cos I think I received too much negative energy from them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join