It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Detains American Near Chinese Border

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

North Korea Detains American Near Chinese Border

online.wsj.com

North Korea said Thursday it detained an American man who it said crossed its border with China earlier this week, becoming the second American in a month to allegedly enter the country illegally.

North Korea, in a report in its state media, didn't identify the person nor say where the crossing occurred but said it happened on Monday.

In December, an American missionary named Robert Park entered North Korea after telling news reporters in Seoul of his plan to protest North Korea's human-rights abuses. Several days later, North Korea acknowledged detaining Mr. Park.

Separately, North
(visit the link for the full news article)

la2

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
NK is definatly stepping up its efforts, and why not, the US is weak, China doesnt care and nobody can really afford to go in and stop them, so I ask one question............... where do they go from here, is this the beginning of a build up to war?

I really see this snow balling into something alot bigger.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Missionaries have always done stupid stunts like this. I hope there governments stop claiming them and play the we don't even know this guy card.

They just add to problems never helping in any significant way.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nophun

this site is always full of people saying no one ever does anything about it, we all just sit by and watch all these atrocities happen. Then when someone does do something he gets criticized.

On the other hand....what a nut!!!

What was he thinking!!?

Why would anyone waltz on in to NK and think they can change any minds, win any hearts, make any difference, and not get captured almost immediately....

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I feel terrible for this guy.

NK don't treat their people all to well as it is when they disobey the slightest things. They torture their people in ways that would make you vomit, up to the 3rd generation too.

Hopefully the US government does not receive orders from NK requesting the extradition of this guys family members up to the 3rd generation.

This guy must be kicking himself now.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Robert Park was a victim of his own stupidity . As for this latest person not enough information is available to make a judgement on the case . Common sense ought to tell people to avoid the North Korean - China border its not like North Korea isn't above kidnapping people .

Cheers xpert11 .

new topics

top topics

join