It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Won't Fund Moon Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Reporting from Washington and Cape Canaveral, Fla. - NASA's plans to return astronauts to the moon are dead. So are the rockets being designed to take them there, if President Obama gets his way.

When the White House releases its budget proposal Monday, there will be no money for the Constellation program that was to return humans to the moon by 2020. The Ares I rocket that was to replace the space shuttle to ferry humans to space will be gone, along with money for the Ares V cargo rocket that was to launch the fuel and supplies needed to return to the moon. There will be no lunar landers, no moon bases.

Source

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all .

The U.S will be left behind by other , more ambitious nations .

How will the U.S people feel when other nations are going to the Moon while the U.S is still working on a way to get into orbit ?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

If you want more NASA funding, call your congressional representatives. Surely, Obama will still sign the budget bill if the funding for your pet project is included in the budget. Get involved!

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
This doesn't surprise me at all .

The U.S will be left behind by other , more ambitious nations .

How will the U.S people feel when other nations are going to the Moon while the U.S is still working on a way to get into orbit ?

Wrong.

No one is allowed to go back to the moon. Do your research.

No nation is allowed to spend much time up there. Bottom line.

We are staying on Earth, our Prison Planet for a long long time. Get used to it.

This report does not surprise me, it was obvious decades ago when Apollo was put to a abrupt end. And then nothing else came of it.

There is a BIG SECRET up there, and no one is allowed to expose it by going and setting up a moon base.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I am in 2 minds about this.

I live on the space coast...more nasa pet projects = more stimulation directly to my county/town. so, hearing about yet more cutbacks and denials from washington means less recovery for here...bummer

however...

I think that anti-gravity technology is plausable, possible, and frankly, already done. I have watched some pretty hardcore scientists discussing this and overall if it hasnt already been done in some secret facility somewhere already, it is about 2 steps away...this would make projects ranging at 50 million a pop cut down to 50 thousand a pop with such tech.

So, if a few hard hammers come down on nasa(again...and again...and again as usual), I am optimistic that the ultimate result will be a positive one.

top topics

join