It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP posted outcome of speech before the s.o.t.u. address

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hi all.......
O.K. it was 2117 east coast time......Obama was walking out into the House to give the address......on Yahoo.com
the AP Here is the address news.yahoo.com...

the report was done before the speech was given......wow. Past tense even before the speech given. Some up to date news service I say........they can post "BEFORE" the speedh is given....impressive.

I am posting this to see what you all think about media that report before a thing is done........impressive.
speaknoevil07
Blessings all......

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think the white house actually sends memos to the news companies, so that they can report what gov wants reported.

Lots of news places have been talking about what would be talked about tonight. All day, too.

So, needless to say, this speech of his is nothing but re-hashed stuff, that has already been said many times... but still nothing gets done. Just the same old talking points we all expected.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I agree that they most likely put out the speech in advance so we can get our news as soon as humanly possible.

However, it's kinda creepy to listen to a live speech and read the same quote actively (in past tense at that) from an AP article.

Smooth move Yahoo.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Attention all users: There is a slight fluctuation in the Space Time Continuum tonight.

Please do not be alarmed there is no need to adjust your dial. Events politicians have been hired and scripted to do might actually occur at a later point than the printed script and program release.

We apologize for any alarm or notions of impropriety this may cause.

Rest assured we have selected the current President based on his absolute stunning ability to render the written word into the spoken word.

We are sure that you will find his rendition of our, oops I mean his agenda to absolutely riveting and entertaining (stand by for silent sound spread spectrum blast on my mark 3, 2, 1)

Please enjoy the show; we know you will, it is after all the best money can buy!

Your continued patronage as well as suffrage is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Management

[edit on 27/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
They didn't just post the news story, but they also reported on the Republican response as well. I think it just goes to show that the whole dang thing is nothing but smoke and mirrors. They are all in it together and they give us the illusion of voting for the 'good' guy. They are all BAD. And they are all in it together. It's a lot like wrestling. They have already scripted the whole thing and we are just paying for the entertainment.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by secretstash

I didn't even think of it that way, although we all know that's how it works. Really rather disturbing when you look at it like that....

Yey for the scripted show they are putting on for us. Did anyone place any drunken bets?

ha...ha....err.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This reminds me of the time when the BBC and Fox news on 911 both reported Building 7 as having collapsed 26 minutes before the building actually did collapse.

top topics

join