It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe is 30 times more run down than tought!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Universe Is 30 Times More Run Down Than Thought, Astronomers Find
ScienceDaily (Jan. 27, 2010) — Cars run out of petrol, stars run out of fuel and galaxies collapse into black holes. As they do, the universe and everything in it is gradually running down. But how run down is it? Researchers from The Australian National University have found that the universe is 30 times more run down than previously thought.
www.sciencedaily.com...

Wow! That's a very interesting find O_o..
I'm not a pro in space exploration,etc so if you want to give your opinions and toughts about it, go ahead!

Enjoy

[edit on 27-1-2010 by jolois]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Thank god it's the universe.. I thought it was just me feeling really tired.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
lol

secondline.....

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Stephen King novels I read called the Dark Tower series.
The worlds were all moving on, everything was running down. The beams that connected it all together were no longer holding but breaking. All the technology no longer worked and worlds disappeared.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
i have a very hard time believing this theory

according to what we "know" energy is never truly lost, it is transfered

on top of that, until we truly venture outside of our own universe, i think it is premature for scientists to make claims like that

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So, in a nutshell....

Our universe is ghetto.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jolois

Black holes do radiate out energy. Therefore, they could be used as energy sources for billions, if not trillions, of years, until they evaporate. Black holes are a superior energy source even than the sun because they last longer. By then, I imagine elements may decay pretty badly and we may actually need an artificial sun to re-fuse the elements together. Basically, an element factory powered by a black hole. In those trillions of years, we could figure out to operate efficiently enough to keep things running hundreds of trillions of years.

So, even after a star burns out, it can be tossed into a black hole where it will continue to radiate its energy away. Then, after the black hole radiates its energy to the point where it explodes, it may convert itself into the largest possible star without being a black hole. And you can toss that into another black hole.

I really think that this universe can sustain life for trillions of years if entire stars and black holes can be fully exploited for life. But that sounds boring, so God may pull the plug on us before that point.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the input guys!
I guess we will never know if what we think,find or study is the truth / real...

:\

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Oh... PLEASE do not tell me we have to pay "Run Down" tax now
)
second line.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
Oh... PLEASE do not tell me we have to pay "Run Down" tax now
)
second line.

lol, that would be a good one, and I'm sure they tought about it!

top topics

join