It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truther Movement Can't Be Stopped

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Sorry, it was a window.

2. In the chaos and confusion of the day, I'm quite sure we said things which turned out to be untrue or inaccurate - but at the time were based on the best information we had. We did what we always did - sourced our reports, used qualifying words like "apparently" or "it's reported" or "we're hearing" and constantly tried to check and double check the information we were receiving.

3. Our reporter Jane Standley was in New York on the day of the attacks, and like everyone who was there, has the events seared on her mind.

Here is a link to THEIR response to what happened. They admit she was there and blame it on confusion. Any other disinfo to spread?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Firefighters expected building 7 to collapse, so the BBC made a cock-up and said it already had collapsed when it hadn't. Makes more sense than a conspiracy.

The BBC always make silly errors - recently they quoted Fars (farce) news agency that Karroubi accepted Ahmadinejad as legitimate president. In fact reuters and most others also made that silly blunder which the then BBC copied. It's just incompotence, and not checking the facts beforehand.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Firefighters expected building 7 to collapse, so the BBC made a cock-up and said it already had collapsed when it hadn't. Makes more sense than a conspiracy.

The BBC always make silly errors - recently they quoted Fars (farce) news agency that Karroubi accepted Ahmadinejad as legitimate president. In fact reuters and most others also made that silly blunder which the then BBC copied. It's just incompotence, and not checking the facts beforehand.

There was another news broadcast that "jumped" the gun on wtc7 as well.

Silly blunders and coincidences numbered in the hundreds on that day.

Mis-spokes , Mistakes, Out of Contexts , Mis-quotes...

You see the trend.

The only thing not apparent , was the truth.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

YUP! Guess who else had the scrip that day? FOX NEWS

"...we are getting word from New York that another building has collapsed and we understand this is a 47 story building ... is that smoke coming from this third collapse?" "Take a look at that right hand of the screen." "It's going down right now."

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
In the years since this false flag spectacle,I have seen plenty of folks change their opinion on it.NOT a ONE has gone to the OS side.The OS folkers are becoming more and more SHRILL,another reason in support of the OP contention.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
reply to post by Sean48

YUP! Guess who else had the scrip that day? FOX NEWS

"...we are getting word from New York that another building has collapsed and we understand this is a 47 story building ... is that smoke coming from this third collapse?" "Take a look at that right hand of the screen." "It's going down right now."

We can add CNN to the list as well.

CNN correspondent Allan Dodds Frank reported by phone from Lower Manhattan. He described: "[J]ust two or three minutes ago there was yet another collapse or explosion. I'm now out of sight, a Good Samaritan has taken me in on Duane Street. But at a quarter to 11, there was another collapse or explosion following the 10:30 collapse of the second tower. And a firefighter who rushed by us estimated that 50 stories went down. The street filled with smoke. It was like a forest fire roaring down a canyon."

WTC 7 was a 47-story tower, so would have fitted the description of the estimated "50 stories" described by Frank. And it did indeed collapse completely. One could in fact accurately describe its demise with Frank's words: "The street filled with smoke. It was like a forest fire roaring down a canyon." However, this collapse did not happen until 5:20 that afternoon.
At 4:15 p.m., CNN reported, "We're getting information that one of the other buildings ... Building 7 ... is on fire and has either collapsed or is collapsing." At 4:27, Greg Barrow reported from New York for the BBC radio channel Five Live, "We are hearing reports from local media that another building may have caught light and is in danger of collapse." He added, "I'm not sure if it has yet collapsed, but the report we have is talking about Building 7." At 4:54, presenter Gavin Esler reported on the BBC's domestic television news channel, BBC News 24: "We're now being told that yet another enormous building has collapsed. ... It is the 47-story Salomon Brothers building." At 4:57, presenter Phil Hayton announced on the BBC's international channel, BBC World, "We've got some news just coming in actually that the Salomon Brothers building in New York right in the heart of Manhattan has also collapsed." [2] However, WTC 7 (the "Salomon Brothers building") did not collapse until almost 25 minutes later.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
Well I see most of the Peanut gallery has punched in.

No plausible reason's for disagreeing, just emoticon's (sign of intelligence)

I would like ATS to have a Poll , who agrees in the OS ,and who believes the

Gov were involved.

I think many respondants would be surprised the number here on ATS

think the OS is a crock.

We already know 67% of American's feel the Gov were involved,

maybe it is ATS members who are Below the curve.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Sean48]

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Sean48]

You told me the other day that that this unnamed poll found that 67% of American's thought the Government had not told the truth about 9/11. Now this has morphed into " the Gov were involved " One hell of a difference.

I think you need to be consistent or how can we believe anything you say ?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I have no doubt there is plenty of mileage left in 9/11 trutherism.

After all, here are some truthers with another agenda who have been going nearly 200 years :-

theflatearthsociety.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

After all, here are some truthers with another agenda who have been going nearly 200 years :-

Actually Alf

That was the OS for the time period

You are not unique in your beliefs

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
OP,

Your arguments are those that have many people still scratching their heads if not, beating their heads against the wall.
So many elements and events that fatal day are beyond belief and it's difficult for us to stand by and realize how many still don't see all the valid discrepancies that day but......

I liken 9-11 to the JFK 'one-man-theory' theory.

Perhaps it'll take another 45 years for everyone to wake up and realize the OS just doesn't make sense far greater than some of the Truthers theories are concern.
And many Truthers don't HAVE alternative theories rather, they're just pointing out how the OS really falls short of 'common sense'.

I think those who embrace the OS are in deep denial mostly due to fear (shock?) believing their government is even capable of such wrong-doings on such a massive scale! I suppose that's a normal reaction but it's also quite frustrating at the same time.

The TRUTHS always prevail in due time with due diligence!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Actually Alf

That was the OS for the time period

You are not unique in your beliefs

Earth widely believed to be flat ... in 1810... uhuh....

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'd like all the OS believers (especially those who have joined this thread simply to try to ridicule rather than actually add anything intelligent) to read through the many 'coincidences' of the day and try to find any other day in history, anywhere in the world, that had the same number of "oopsies". (Oh, 7/7 doesn't count...)
Once you've read through them all, come back and be truthful that you think all these coincidences were simply that. Ah, but remember that you have to be truthful.

As for WTC7 and the BBC report, didn't the BBC 'lose' their footage somehow? BBC footage of the most incredibly historic day just got erased.
What a coincidence.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joey Canoli

Originally posted by truthquest

Why are you attacking the person making the argument instead of explaining why they are incorrect?

Cuz it's been 8 years, and the TM has gone NOWHERE.

In the past 8 years the truth movement has gained vast amounts of evidence each and every year about what really a happened. However, people like you evaluate the person rather than the argument and therefore have a clear-cut policy of plugging your ears and holding out your tongue. Perhaps that is why the truth movement has not made as much progress as it could. Because people refuse to listen to what is being said and instead attack people who evaluate evidence objectively.

You admit you are nothing but a troll by attacking people rather than their arguments, therefore you should self-ban your self.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
I'd like all the OS believers (especially those who have joined this thread simply to try to ridicule rather than actually add anything intelligent) to read through the many 'coincidences' of the day and try to find any other day in history, anywhere in the world, that had the same number of "oopsies". (Oh, 7/7 doesn't count...)
Once you've read through them all, come back and be truthful that you think all these coincidences were simply that. Ah, but remember that you have to be truthful.

As for WTC7 and the BBC report, didn't the BBC 'lose' their footage somehow? BBC footage of the most incredibly historic day just got erased.
What a coincidence.

I think the fact that some people seem to sincerely believe that the BBC's premature announcement of the collapse of WTC 7, on an afternoon when it had been expected for hours, means they were given a script by the perps as to how it was going to go down is more indicative of truther critical faculties than anything else.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The only thing I have to say is "Why should a TRUTH movement be stopped?"

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
to those OS dupes who seek further proof>
Pilots For 911 Truth
pilotsfor911truth.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I think the fact that some people seem to sincerely believe that the BBC's premature announcement of the collapse of WTC 7, on an afternoon when it had been expected for hours, means they were given a script by the perps as to how it was going to go down is more indicative of truther critical faculties than anything else.

This just ONE of the hundreds of Blips that day sir.

Using said critical faculties would lead a thinking man to reason that
something was not right.

Science and reason took the day off , coincidences reined supreme.

Sit back sir, use your reasoning skills, don't knee jerk to respond.

Think about it.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
MISSING LINKS

Now you will discover the definitive truth about 9/11 and learn why even the most popular movies on the subject have failed to address the evidence exhaustively presented in this video. The facts will make it abundantly clear that the so-called 9/11 "Truth" movement has been infiltrated and is ultimately controlled by the same criminal group who masterminded the attacks. As they say, 'if you want to control the dissent you lead the dissent.' Utilizing evidence from the FBI, CIA, NSA, US Armed Forces Intelligence sectors, Foreign Intelligence organizations, local law enforcement agencies and independent investigators, Missing Links goes where no other 9/11 video has dared to.

video.google.com...#

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If you look the left

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
truthers=birthers...and both groups need to look at each other and just take a long solemn look. Fundamentally both sides base their opinions on frivolous and flawed arguments yet they both gain just enough traction to exist. Not saying either are right or wrong, but whether the individuals on each side want to admit it or not, they are fighting the same fight. The American people deserve to know the whole truth of every government action, but people get to caught up trying to cherry pick there point of view, while suppressing the other side and calling all dissenters of their primary opinion "tea baggers" and racists. There is no reason why we should not get the whole truth no matter whose feelings it hurts. In fact I believe the reason these two specific "truth" movements are even still around is because it is easier to leave the fringe on the main stage while everyone laughs and points. Just another form of wagging the dog from both sides, only the President could make the birthers go away by just providing the BC, but they are to much of and asset for this administration. The truthers on the other hand can never go away because their are just to many unanswered questions. Same fighters, just a different war. Both groups are pushing a point that has been dismissed by the majority of the country, and they will continue to be platforms and targets for both sides.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join