It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's budget kills moon rocket and shakes up NASA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Obama's budget kills moon rocket and shakes up NASA

blogs.or landosentinel.com

President Barack Obama’s budget request next Monday will scrap the Bush administration’s Vision for Space Exploration and completely reorient NASA, especially in the area of human spaceflight.

According to White House the space agency insiders, agency officials, industry executives and congressional sources familiar with Obama’s long-awaited plans for the space agency, The troubled and expensive Ares I rocket that was to replace the space shuttle to ferry humans to space will be gone, along with money for its bigger brother, the Ares V cargo rocket that was to launch the fuel and sup
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

We certainly don’t need to go back to the moon,” said one administration official.

This really sickens me. We don't need to go back to the moon? Why not. Should we just sit back and let the chinese get there and own all its possible resources?

We already sell vast quantities of our natural resources to the chinese. It almost seems to me that our government truely want the chinese to rule the world.

It just seems that our leaders here in the states don't want America to lead the world in anything anymore. I must say that I find this kind of attitude towards the space program quite disheartening.

“The Chinese people will definitely land on the moon, only not now,” lunar program scientist Ouyang Ziyuan explained. “After our nation completes the unmanned spacecraft lunar exploration mission, we will study development plans for manned lunar landings and choose an opportunity to implement manned lunar landing and exploration as well as cooperation with relevant countries in the joint construction of a lunar base.”

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Without space exploration how are tptb supposed to fix their precious spy satellites?

Grrr...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

That is the point my friend, the chinese have probably called in part of thier marker. The U.S. manned space program. Politiicains are for sale now why not our manned space program?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
This really sickens me. We don't need to go back to the moon? Why not. Should we just sit back and let the chinese get there and own all its possible resources?

We already sell vast quantities of our natural resources to the chinese. It almost seems to me that our government truely want the chinese to rule the world.

So let me get this right, we aren't plundering enough already on this planet, the one we live on, so we need to be focused on plundering the next? No worries about our origins as a species, our planets origins, future areas to live once we destroy this planet... it's all about the resources... Somebody needs to tell our leaders to stop playing Warcraft 2.

If there are aliens, Heaven help them, because they either need to have some deadly lasers to burn us all up or they need to get started working on them before we get too close.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I believe you will all see the reasons for this shortly.

It is not just about the budget.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Think of it this way, maybe they dont need to design the ARES V heavylift rocket in the conventional Rocket propulsion design as there already working (or have) anti-gravity vehicles which can get into space, and beyond, and less than the required NASA budget intends. Which free's up the money for other sectors.
Anti-Gravity and Scramjet design isnt a thing of the future, its already patented, in demonstrational designs, and most likely being tested now.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I say good job. We can spend that money to better educate our children. There are so many good , useful , and more"down to earth" ways of spending our money than space exploration.

So what of the Chinese or anybody else outpaces us in space. What's the big deal? There are vast amounts of this planet that we haven't seen yet.

I think we should get it right here first, clean ourselves up, put everyone on this planet on a more level playing field , spiritually mature ten-fold, and then we can consider ourselves qualified to go elsewhwere in space.

Who knows, maybe that's what the president has in mind.

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Care to expound on these reasons, I'm curious!

There are two other threads about this right now, and I am glad to see so many people concerned enough on the issue to post this disturbing news. I will just repost what I said in the other threads,:

I hope this is not true.

So I fired off an email to President Obama about this situation. Here it is, if you consider space exploration to be a higher priority than Climate Change, take a second yourself to let our President know how you feel. Trust me when I say, it IS the very least we can do.

"Way to go there President Obama. Way to send the message to our already struggling youth that choosing careers in science and physics, especially the exciting and MUCH NEEDED field of Space Exploration, is not needed by our country. Way to encourage our youth to set their sail for the outrageous made up field of "climate change". President Obama, when I was growing up in the 70's we used to call what yall are calling Climate Change, WEATHER.

How shameful for you to divert the Nasa Moon Mission money to the charlatan fronted/filled field of Climate Change. How little you must think of our children, including your own.

I hope that this article, where my information originated, is completely untrue, and that there is still time to reverse this short sighted act.

www.orlandosentinel.com...

Thank you, please clarify the situation regarding funding for space exploration, and where the 7000 laid off Kennedy Space Center employees will be working. Thank you. "

I was so fired up I forgot to add, I requested a response, of course. And yes, I proudly used my name and address to get my response. I am so tired of our government doing stuff like this.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I agree with you on one point, that is that we DO need to explore the last great unknown of our planet, the OCEANS. I would love to see more money pouring into marine exploration, but will not agree that space exploration is not needed.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am very dissopointed -_-" we could do with another cold war esque space race

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

We certainly don’t need to go back to the moon,” said one administration official.

It just seems that our leaders here in the states don't want America to lead the world in anything anymore. I must say that I find this kind of attitude towards the space program quite disheartening.

“The Chinese people will definitely land on the moon, only not now,” lunar program scientist Ouyang Ziyuan explained. “After our nation completes the unmanned spacecraft lunar exploration mission, we will study development plans for manned lunar landings and choose an opportunity to implement manned lunar landing and exploration as well as cooperation with relevant countries in the joint construction of a lunar base.”

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The day the Chinese land a manned vehicle on the moon I will come to your city and roll a peanut down main street with my nose. Tell me where you live.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

So let me get this right, we aren't plundering enough already on this planet, the one we live on, so we need to be focused on plundering the next? No worries about our origins as a species, our planets origins, future areas to live once we destroy this planet... it's all about the resources... Somebody needs to tell our leaders to stop playing Warcraft 2.

If there are aliens, Heaven help them, because they either need to have some deadly lasers to burn us all up or they need to get started working on them before we get too close.

Sorry to say, you being a mod and all ...

But what a loser attitude!

Exploration and expansion has fueled the creativeness of the human race since the dawn of history. Trap us on this planet and you will surely see the death of the human race.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is total BS. I am so sick of having to wade through the throngs of out of work rocket scientists whenever I go into the city. If one more ex-NASA employee asks me for change...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
One planet at a time, people. Destroy one planet at a time.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

When they fix the pot holes in the road in front of my house; Then we can go to the moon.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I have not found anything yet but a guest on C2C just said that there will be money handed out to private companies in order to further space travel. Obviously not as much as anyone wants, I think he said $6 Bil but again I have not checked this yet either. I did like the justification though. This is so that NASA can concentrate on Earth problems like agriculture and climate issues as well as money can be spent on more education. I find that all hard to argue with if true but I am still looking. Either way, I would pick spending money on this f***** up country before we worry about the Chinese stealing all of the moons H3.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well done, Mr President!

We should focus on the problems right here before we go into space.

He has his priorities right.

Let's fix our own people's plight before spending billions on questionable space exploration.

And, may I add, I have never been a supporter of Obama before.

So what if he is doing it because he is held over a barrel? The end justifies the means.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I couldn't give a rats bum if the Chinese got to the Moon first - for 50 years we have waited and waited and waited for NASA to do ANYTHING that remotely resembles human space exploration and for the last 50 years we have gone no further than orbiting the planet. If the Chinese wish to get cracking and get humans out into space, then I am all for it, cause the way things are looking with NASA it will be another century before they even get to the bloody Moon.

As for the resources well, you snooze you lose! Simple as that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join