It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Politicizes NASA: Cancels Moon Missions and Tells Them To Focus On Climate Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the White House is looking to cancel Moon missions I know 10's of millions were looking forward to. Instead, Obama has decided to politicize NASA and have them focus on climate change. As many of us have seen, at best man made climate change is very debatable, while at worst it was complete fraud. He is now going to focus taxpayer dollars on funding his progressive agenda. This sickens me.

In the meantime, the White House will direct NASA to concentrate on Earth-science projects — principally, researching and monitoring climate change — and on a new technology research and development program that will one day make human exploration of asteroids and the inner solar system possible.

Article

At best this pushes off humanity's exploration of space by a few decades. At worse, much much longer..... until we have a President that does not politicize NASA.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I hope this is not true.

So I fired off an email to President Obama about this situation. Here it is, if you consider space exploration to be a higher priority than Climate Change, take a second yourself to let our President know how you feel. Trust me when I say, it IS the very least we can do.

"Way to go there President Obama. Way to send the message to our already struggling youth that choosing careers in science and physics, especially the exciting and MUCH NEEDED field of Space Exploration, is not needed by our country. Way to encourage our youth to set their sail for the outrageous made up field of "climate change". President Obama, when I was growing up in the 70's we used to call what yall are calling Climate Change, WEATHER.

How shameful for you to divert the Nasa Moon Mission money to the charlatan fronted/filled field of Climate Change. How little you must think of our children, including your own.

I hope that this article, where my information originated, is completely untrue, and that there is still time to reverse this short sighted act.

www.orlandosentinel.com...

Thank you, please clarify the situation regarding funding for space exploration, and where the 7000 laid off Kennedy Space Center employees will be working. Thank you. "

I was so fired up I forgot to add, I requested a response, of course. And yes, I proudly used my name and address to get my response. I am so tired of our government doing stuff like this.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The best way to preserve humanity is to find a cheap and effective way to move our population to other habitable planets. Even if climate change is not a real threat the sun will burn out eventually and there are a number of other mass extinction events that could occur before that. We may or may not have plenty of time but we need to head in that direction.

I believe there are many discoveries to be made out there that could greatly improve us as a people. That future may seem impossible today but it was less than 500 years ago that many people thought the world was flat. Less then a 100 years ago going to space or the moon was a complete fantasy. If it wasn't for people who had vision and could see beyond the accepted realities of the day we would not have made the progress that we have.

new topics

join