It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The VeriChip is HERE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the new Katie Couric commercial, yet?
I saw it last night, on NBC, of course, between episodes of Law and Order.
On Wednesday, May 26, 2004, just before 9:00pm PCT, Katie comes on, and say's, "It's tough to keep up with your children 24/7, but now it's possible with the new V-chip."
That's scary to me!
Now they're advertising "chip implantation" into our children, on commercial TV.
WOW!
Just wondered if anyone else had seen this or not.
===============================================

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by DarkRain]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thats the problem with some of the new gadgets they are coming out with. On the one hand, they could be used to do a lot of good, on the other hand, something like that could be used for a lot of bad. I would think, that with something like an implantable chip, it would be put so that later on, when a child grows up, it can be removed, if not, then I would be suspecious of it. I might concider that possibility with my kids if it was affordable, and removeable at some future time when they grow up.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I've read of this quite often here in ATS. It was only a matter of time before they started advertising it.
My question to the Christians is 'could this be the beginning of the mark of the beast' ?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Um...

I mean no insult to anyone here, and suspect this just might be clever satire on your part, but you do know what the V-chip is, right?

Just in case there has been some slight misunderstanding, you might want to look at this link. Essentially, the V-chip is a device that allows parents to "tell" the television not to show certain programs if they are too violent, or of a sexual nature, etc. We've had this device in Canada for quite some time, and I think it's a wonderful invention which helps parents control what TV their children are watching without the need for prior censorship.

By the way, the chip goes in the television, not in the child.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Edit: Doh! AlexK beat me to it. Ah well.

V-chip is for television, not an implant. It is put into your tv to block your children from watching material on tV you don't feel they should watch.

What is the V-Chip?

The V-Chip is an electronic chip which works in conjunction with your television, VCR, or cable box. If you choose to utilize the V-chip feature, you select a rating level you feel appropriate for your children. V-chip reads the transmitted ratings code for all programming and will automatically deny access to programming which exceeds your preset ratings limitations.
www.familysafemedia.com...

I suggest doing some research before trying to cause mass hysteria by implying that chip implantation is coming, without evidence....We are a volatile lot that visit this website and stuff like this has the potential to stir up somem serious ranting.

In anycase, the V-chip has been around for quite some time and is already in use throughout north america.

Peace,
Lukefj

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Lukefj]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
MY BAD!
She was advertising the "VeriChiP'.
I point you to this LINK to learn more.
The whole gist of the commercial was about keeping track of your children 24/7, not controlling what they watch.
I was just so blown away by it, I confused the terms.
My apologies.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ok DR,

Now tha tis messed up. I really don't like the potential applications of such things. Sure there is a potential upside, but does it out way the potential negative implications...I don't think so personally.

Now, I've noticed that they offer discounts to stockholders and the first 100,000 registrants, but there is no indicatioin that I could find about how much the actuall "chipping" costs.

Here's what to watch I think. If the company begins to receive governemtn money and the chips become really chip...this is a bad sign. Thsi means that the government is subsidizing the chipping of its citizens...if something like NWO or shadow government exists or whatever other sort of conspiracy theory you can think up, this is bad.

If the chips are incredibly expensive then it is likely that this company is legit, but in the end it's a scary tech no matter how you slice it.

Good post DR...you would have had less controversy if you posted the link initially though.

Peace,
Lukefj

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Raven
My question to the Christians is 'could this be the beginning of the mark of the beast' ?

I remember the theory a long time ago, that it could be a chip. back in the 80's I think someone suggested that the mark of the beast could be something like this. The only problem I have with that theory is it would be mandatory, and the entire world would be forced to accept it. If I understand the mark of the beats correctly. So it could be like a credit card implant in the skin for money uses. Because it seems that without the mark, a person could not buy food, etc...man...its been a long time since I have even thought about the mark of the beast.

I'm sure some Christians who are into biblical prophecy could elaborate a lot more on the beast than I could.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I remember seeing an article on TV some time ago, Discovery, or 60 minutes, don't remember which.
It's about a guy in London, i believe, a computerr scientist that's already implanted himself.
Something off a little, but out here in Seattle they're already testing with "biometrics". In some of the stores, all you need is your thumb to make purchases!!

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Raven

I don't think a TV/Video chip could be the forerunner of the mark, but as others have pointed out, there are companies who are creating embeddable chips (connected to a GPS systems I believe) that can track the 'wearer' wherever they are. It is only a matter of time before one can be made to keep a record of such things as bank account, medical records etc. Now that could well be the true Mark of the Beast.

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I remember the theory a long time ago, that it could be a chip. back in the 80's I think someone suggested that the mark of the beast could be something like this. The only problem I have with that theory is it would be mandatory, and the entire world would be forced to accept it. If I understand the mark of the beats correctly. So it could be like a credit card implant in the skin for money uses. Because it seems that without the mark, a person could not buy food, etc...man...its been a long time since I have even thought about the mark of the beast.

You beat me to it, DB

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
An application for this product is already in use. It's being used in a beach club in Spain where members don't wear much but their swimsuits. Now they don't need a wallet either.

Verichip Enhances Club Life

So you see, if you are worried about this being "The Mark Of The Beast" you are just being paranoid. Just because the VeriChip use in Spain is used specifically for financial transactions, doesn't mean the technology can be used to make sure "No one can buy or sell unless he has the mark"

Uhmmmm....Then Again. ???

Of course there will be a volunteer phase for this, and then in the name of stomping out terror, it will be mandatory.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by dbates]

top topics

join