It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Death Peaceful?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I suppose death could be a doorway to eternal peace,
...unless of course the devil begins biting at your arse almost as soon as you cross over.

Why risk it?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Much like the Youtube video which I provided which parrellels what it is like for children who have past-life memories. As a child, I too strugged with a former life identity crisis in this life.

(There are several other case studies on Youtube that further provide the evidence that people are having memories of this former existence.)

Past-life research suggest that we are more prone to remember around the ages of 2 and forget around the ages of 5; and this holds completely true for my own personal experience with this profound realization.

The simple end of it for me was I didn't want to come back and be human again. What ever and who ever the being was that was sending me back only fused a strong emotional memory inside of me that carried this extra baggage into this life. Had it not been for such an emotional charged struggle, I might have completely endured the memory wipe that comes with human incarnation. I have always remembered the past-life as visual fragments.

Having resisted appears to be my personal link to this now Earth bound transient memory from a former life.

Needless-to-say, I do not even remotely question the fact that I "think" I reincarnated, rather this is just one of my knowns that I have while being a new resident of this human life system.

I may not fully understand the hows and whys that I have reincarnated, only to understand a knowing that I have done so.

Mind you, I think I have a fairly solid theory as to why but even at 37 I am working out the fine print and small details.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Couldn’t this just be a false memory, based on a childhood fantasy? I am not saying your memory isn’t real. But couldn’t this be a possibility?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Think about it in terms of: Should a two year old child know what it feels like to die and bleed out? These concepts should not be learned from sheltered influences like Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers.

You need to understand what I say in textual format comes from a long wave of experience summarized into a linear language. This is not false-memory; it's pre-life/past-life reality.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It is confusing though as, when your born you have a new brain (I actually believe in reincarnation). All memory is stored in the brain(scientists found were memory is located, and how memories are made) so how do you remember something which isn’t a part of your brain.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I died for 7 minutes in 2007. I was sitting at a stop sign and a lady read ended me going approx 50-57mph. So, I guess my death was violent.

I really don't remember much. I was changing the radio station, I could see my driveway from the stop sign. I head a screech, I looked up into the rear view mirror, then I woke up on the ground being given CPR. I hit the EMT, then I woke up in the ambulance, then in the hospital 4 days later.

Other than that I don't have any insights into it, I didn't see any lights, tunnels, angels, demons or anything, at least that I remember. It was a nap as far as I remember.

I do think that I was being taught a lesson in enjoying life, as up to that point all I did was work and not much else, but there are a lot of times directly right after and once in awhile that I feel like I'm not supposed to be here and that I don't belong here. *shrug* it comes and goes.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Science is a progressive system that does not have all of the answers yet. The bigger truth is we have insights into a greater reality system where science plays a role:

Case in point Pam Reynolds NDE Experience:

This is a very strong argument that consciousness is independent of the physical brain, including memory based on her recall of the surgery during a 1 hour time period of death.

How any sensory perception let alone memory occurred during total brain inactivity stumps the neurosurgeon ect.

Here is a nice long list of scientific evidence for NDE:
www.near-death.com...

The fact is we are consciousness experiencing what it is to be human, not humans experiencing what it is to be conscious;

Human brain memory is merely localized data storage but our consciousness as a more evolved system has non-localized data storage within a non-physical reality system.

While we are in this human focus, our brain may merely act as an antennae for our consciousness and tunes it in, and focuses it for the purpose of interfacing with this reality system from a non-localized other reality system.

The body is just an interface for consciousness to experience this reality.

I can further disrupt linear data-storage by stating in fact that some dreams can come true, There is a dream / reality dyad that comes first as our feeling of Déjà vu, (Already Seen) but in fact stems from Déjà Rêvé ( Already Dreamed ). Where by we as consciousness are able to access future probability data in the form of a dream. How our future physical brain plays a role with that memory in a now past-present dream experience should further scramble the notion that all memory is stored in the physical brain.

To understand this further, there are two books which are free online that help progress our thinking past a materialistic Universe and address both through math and physics the concept of reality being “Virtual”

Mathematician: Brian Whitworth: "The Physical World as a Virtual Reality"
arxiv.org...

Physicist: Thomas Campbell: “My Big Toe”
books.google.com...

I present Brian's first as it's a simpler read and presents the concept from a insider perspective, Tom's work expands this exponentially into the reasons how and why.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Death is the most painful moment of life. So much so that a long and prolonged suffered illness is superior as it helps to exhaust the attachments to the world, minimize the suffering at death and incline the spirit to a higher after life and future incarnation.

Everyone has a heavy burden of attachments accumulated in life. To have a personal belonging stolen is painful, the death of a pet or more are all painful. The moment of death is the most painful as you break all these attachments in a heart beat. Still, what is equality burdensome is illusion and delusion of foolish hopes and dreams and attachments that can cause the spirit to incarnate in lower forms. Ones strongest desires at the time of death form the basis of the next incarnation, human or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Death is the ouevre of secluded emotion..A hailstorm for some,a disco with no sound for others.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Wow, YouAreDreaming, Thank you for those videos. Over 2500 cases... wow. Sceptics can say what they what, but with evidence that happened in that video, and from the other kid who said he was his grandpa, is just so.. Amazing haha. I’m speechless. Even though he didn’t get 100% pure accurate facts, he go around 90%. How can a 2-3 year old know about a white house in a place he never heard about, with the same dog, and the family with the same last name? Just wow.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Now you are starting to see evidence that I already know exists based on factual cases; where I strive to understand this is purely personal from my own experiences.

Despite skepticism, I could care less. I'm not waiting for science to tell me what I already know, it's still playing catch up. What is important is we have these many, many cases to support a greater reality.

That is to me... great news. I can pursue a bigger understanding vs. a closed mind and little world view of systems.

I know I existed before this life, and based on all my experiences, I know I will exist after I die. Not believe, that is a big difference.

Just as I know dreams can come true and play a role in the manufacturing of "reality"... it's not belief, its accumulated understanding based on actual experience.

Fun times.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It isn't the act of dying that is painful.

It is the fear of dying that will fill ones brain with terror.

Once you remove the fear it is peaceful.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Think only for a second about your question.Death or the manner of death.Being electrocuted could not be peaceful.Death as to the moment before the electrons that allow us the ability of freewill leaves our bodies.Or are you asking if The Angel of Death is a peaceful being?For two years after my son took his breath while I held him in my arms I thought Death was a coward.I hunted him at the same time insanity hunted me.I thought when I caught him the face under the cloak would be that of my late son,that would have proved cowardice.But when he finally let me touch him the face revealed brought me to my knees.Is Death peaceful?Yes,compassionate and full of sorrow.His face isn't hideous or demonic.There are lines worn deep under both of his eyes.Lines created from the tears he has cried for having to take so many innocents.And we are responsible for the Reapers tears.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
i have a real fear of blades and/or being cut. can't stand slasher movies or watching people shave. can barely stand getting my finger pricked with those tiny wee blades that hospitals use ...

so however i go i hope it's not by a blade though i imagine other ways would be just as horrific or worse.

once dead though ... i'm sure it will be lovely and peaceful.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I dont think death exists, I think once we die we are born again, so you never really are dead.

as time does not exist. You may be physically dead for a while but I believe we will all be brought back to life.. and even tho you might be physically dead for a while to your self it will feel like a blink of an eye as you are brought back to life or reborn.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join