It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Death Peaceful?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is not a thread I will go into detail about. But what your opinions on dying? Do you think it is peaceful? Consider all the possibilities. Drowning, bullet to head, burning alive, suffocation, electrocution ect.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well me, I want to go peaceful like my grandfather. Not like the other four people in the car screaming in the back seat.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Damn it. Thunder stolen again! This is the first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
well...only because I am in the mood st the moment...but think about the WORST pain you've ever had...a bruised knee..post-surgical recovery...hell..some kind of painful neurological disorder....but you're alive....you can sorta handle it...and then think of when you (insert worst moment of your life...worst experience...ickiest feeling...and IMAGINE that bullet going through you....the blade slicing your neck....you REALLY felt bad and in pain..and OUCH...(when you cut your finger).....but imagine that blade....you think you INSTANTLY die? Hmmm..
this is my answer to such an "open" question....

[edit on 1/27/2010 by Cornczech]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
For me I dont fear death.. I fear how I am going to get there..

Wether it be in a fema camp, or where my head gets hacked off, or something crazy slow and insanely painful...

Ya know.. Not everyone goes peacefully...

There is a couple books you should read though.. This guy dies past life regressions on people to talk about before the came here and after death of themselves before..

In an ironic note, They are coming out with a tv show called past life based on peoples past life regressions on how others where killed..

Also known fact some murder cases have been solved like this.

::EDIT::
I found the books.. They are called "Journey & Destiny of Souls - by Michael Newton" you should see if you can find a copy online somewhere.. They are something interesting to read..

[edit on 1/27/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Funny how you should mention that

I am actually reading that book, and his other book about the afterlife. A little bit sceptical about his methods. But it definitely is interesting!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Given that none of us are dead - well, not sure how to answer it.

Sure, some of us may well have experienced 'clinical death' before - I have - but that isn't death either, given that I/they were brought back.

Was it peaceful to be clinical dead? Well...not really...I wasn't ready to leave so was fighting my way back to life. Maybe if I was then it would be.

As someone has already said, its not so much a fear of death - but an anxiety about the form in which death comes to us.

Is death itself peaceful...well...the actual passing I'd personally believe will be peaceful if you are at peace with it.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You probably wouldn't recall the trauma, if you were at the brink of death.

Some folks that have had near death experiences say they never wanted to come back it was so peaceful and great.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think I should change the title to Is Dying Peaceful.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Death is more than likely very peaceful...consider the options presented

1) black...you are dead and theres nothing beyond...not a lying in the grave looking at your eyelids, not even a dream sleep...absolute and complete end. like a dreamless sleep..one minute your awake, the next moment your waking up the next morning...same deal but without the waking up the next morning bit...just a lay down and then snip..end of show

2) Heaven...you go to rainbow and puppydogs happyness place where everything is damned perfect...pretty peaceful

3) reborn...hey...your a baby...your biggest concern at this point is getting fed and pooping...no tax returns, no worrying about anything really.

4) Hell...hey, at least you will know everyone...perhaps not overly peaceful, but you can comfort in the knowledge that your pretty immortal now...time to start planning an escape and make your own place.

death is more probable peaceful than not given these 4 limited options...of course theres countless more...most of them being peaceful also (come back as a gnat)..and really only a couple options of it being rather uncomfortable...so highly probable of the peaceful end.

now...the whole 10 minutes before death...thats a very different story...chances are, not soo much.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Once the brain understands that there's no way out of it, the death process becomes extremely peaceful and even euphoric. The human brain refuses to freak itself out, and it's got plenty of ways to protect itself from terrible stuff.

After you're dead? Who knows. Maybe it's wet.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I think I should change the title to Is Dying Peaceful.

lots of people crap themselves from the fear of the doom/gloom that awaits...from ministers to villans.

Some people whom had pain...especially for awhile, get flooded with chems before death and as they drift away, they finally feel very good.

lack of oxygen to the brain creates a euphoria (why some people like Caradine become addicted to axphyxiation)...bit like a powerful drug high. The body has many ways of coping with extreme sudden pain and trama...especially when it shuts things down that simply wont work anymore...no need to keep sending signals to the brain for attention once its done...so it reverses course

Many people report some similarities as they travel further into the death phase (tunnels caused by optic nerves closing up, white lights at the end due to the same process)...and some report even more odd things...most saying its a very enjoyable experience. Is this simply a trick of the brain thats dying or something more is open to philosphers and open minded science...but either way...it seems ultimately the last few moments of life/beginning of death for the most part seems nice.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

"I'm not afraid of dying - I just don't want to be there when it happens!" - Woody Allen

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Death is more shocking then peaceful as I remember it. In my last life, I died as a soldier in a war, quite possibly shot in the head. The moment before I died was peaceful, but the act of dying itself was more shocking and frightening then some nice switch off experience.

For one, I entered a state of total shock and paralysis followed by the turning off of perception where by I could hear the blood dripping by my ear like some metronome into the afterlife.

Imagine a CRT TV shutting off when the cathode ray collapses to the centre of the TV screen, that is what my perception was like.

After the switch off, was the sudden jolt into a perceived afterlife where by I went through processing to be well... incarnated into this life. These memories are known to me since I was as young as 2. Still haunt me to this day now 37.

So death = shocking supprise and no time for peace. Not painful mind you, just shocking.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
My wife was involved in a car accident and she had an out of body experience which she describes as a dislocated and peaceful birds eye view of the nurses trying to save her (which they obviously did). Whether this is something the brain made up to rationalise events is anybody's guess and I am sure there are numerous opinions on the subject elesewhere.

This may put some hard facts on the table Link to the New Scientist

At the end of the day, we will never know. I am sure the situation at the time of death sets the scene though, although I have read that the body releases endorphins to smooth the way as the body shuts down.

It is a difficult subject.

Regards

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

i suspect that it is a little like how it all begins... it's not death that is a problem, it is the dying that ain't pleasant.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Death will only be peaceful if you go to heaven because you had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. He loves you and gave his life for you so you could be with Him in peace for all eternity.

If you die without Christ, you will never know peace again - for all eternity.

There are those of you who say you aren't Christians and never will be, but I guarantee you that in hell, there will be NO unbelievers. Just those who wish they would have known Christ while they were still alive - and will never know peace again.

There are no past lives. The bible says it is appointed unto man once to die, and then the judgment.

Blessings to you all.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wakeupcall1111

Hmm... hell seems to have missed me in my last life, perhaps you need to give your belief systems a reality check.

Apparently hell missed this person too:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Once you have "vacated the premises" I certainly hope it is. People with NDE's typically describe it as such.

As for those moments prior to "leaving", I suppose it depends on what one's medical condition is. But even in times of severe trauma (injury)
people go into shock, and feel less pain.

I've had a couple of injuries, not life threatening, but enough to freak out the people around me. (Broken bone, lacerations), and I really didn't feel much pain. Of course it was short-term while I was on my own. Taken to ER and administered meds immediately.

I think little chemicals/hormones rush to the injured site and reduce pain.
Maybe. I hope.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wakeupcall1111

Were you there when the bible was written? No guess not. Please don’t be so sure about things you know nothing about.

YouAreDreaming, I am very intrigued about your past life experiences, want to elaborate on how you remember this??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join