It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ideas what this is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Story has appeared in the local newspaper where a "WW2" style aircraft has landed in a field and the pilot is nowhere to be seen. was wondering if anyone knew what type of aircraft it is? Yak?

Bucks Free Press

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

It hasn't snowed in High Wycombe for a couple of weeks. It's probably some BS hoax news story or the paper has been hoaxed.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Has it come through a worm hole from another timeline perhaps ?

I don't think that is snow, just light flash off the wet surface. The other pictures don't show snow. More like heavy rain.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

It did snow last week. Have to admit i wondered if it was a hoax though? if so they seemed to have hoaxed the local plod as well?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It looks like a Yak-52.

Not sure why it would be painted like that unless it was part of a 'warbirds' collection somewhere near.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

By hoax, I didn't mean the plane wasn't real or there. I probably should have RTFA! It seems the pilot maybe put down in poor conditions? Looking at WWII Chinese planes...link...could it be a Nakajima Ki-44 Shoki?

I'll just get my coat...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
it's a YAK-52, there are many planes painted like that...

they still fly them in airshow/look what I have groups

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
more likely a Nanchang CJ-6

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
To the Russians it was a Yak-18, but to the Chinese it was a CJ-5 or CJ-6. You can tell that it's not a Yak-52 by looking at the curvature of the vertical stabilizer. The one in the picture is squared off, consistent with a Yak-18, whereas the -52's stabilizer is more rounded.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thnx for the replies all, the local "rag" has updated their story and the pilot has shown up. they reckon it was a Nanchang NJ6

Bucks free Press

new topics

top topics

join