It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mag 8.6 earthquake in China?--2010-27-01

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
********MAG 8.6 SOMETHING IN CHINA***********

www.seismo.ethz.ch...
www.emsc-csem.org...
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

So what is it ATS....are the links worthy? Could it have been mere accident? What caused the accident?

just for back up!

www.imagedump.com...
www.imagedump.com...

[edit on 27-1-2010 by kyle43]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
well...

"RedPuma at the Swiss Seismological Service in Zurich, Switzerland "

so i dont see why theyre not a credible source... S & F

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43
www.seismo.ethz.ch...

not on USGS yet but I hear USGS is always tampering with the actual data as is

I wonder if this is true if there is a media black out on it. Not to hard to believe given the important speech to be given tonight.

So what is it ATS....can the link I provided by trusted?

there is no way!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Good job you beat me to it. There also is at least two more sources claiming that this earthquake has taken place. I'll do my best to post the links but I'm not at my computer right now. If this did occur its major doom for China because where the epicenter happend is a major population center with over 82 million people.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I really wonder when we are going to hear about this, or if it will just slip away untouched by the MSM.

Keep in mind this happened in CHINA. Any event that would happen there would be in the hands and ONLY the hands of the Chinese government. A huge EQ could be followed by an EMP to wipe out all electronics in the area to keep it under wraps...for now

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
not on USGS i have my equake running and no shaking, nothing on cnn or msnbc ill post info as well as soon as i find out

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Are you serious i cant find anything?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
here i found a link that seems credible

www.emsc-csem.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
not on USGS i have my equake running and no shaking, nothing on cnn or msnbc ill post info as well as soon as i find out

I do too, didn't get any big shakes since the 6.1 today in the Philippines which was at 1:49 PM.

I know equake can be slow but still this slow? Also this just my opinion but

DO NOT RELY ON THE MSM FOR THIS! My guess is they will want everyone as calm as can be before the bombshell tonight (State of the Union)

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
USGS is usually very prompt with their auto-email re: global earthquakes. I don't see anything yet, but will report details if it shows up. If not up within the next hour or two, I'd be inclined to doubt it.

BTW, I've not personally witnessed any data that indicates USGS fiddling with either the measurement parameters, nor the epicenter. Often the intial magnitude report is refined shortly thereafter, when it has been compared with other global seismographs.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i hope that this is a mistake cause if it's real that's a huge Quake. And if it's where they say this would make Haiti look like a picnic. Please be wrong.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Found a source I hadn't seen mentioned yet. It's looking like this did indeed happen.

This hopefully will pale in comparison to Haiti.

www.infp.ro...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
USGS is usually very prompt with their auto-email re: global earthquakes. I don't see anything yet, but will report details if it shows up. If not up within the next hour or two, I'd be inclined to doubt it.

BTW, I've not personally witnessed any data that indicates USGS fiddling with either the measurement parameters, nor the epicenter. Often the intial magnitude report is refined shortly thereafter, when it has been compared with other global seismographs.

How do you suscribe to the auto-email? I'd like to get in on that.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
While reporting it on those data pages, neither of those sites have it listed as a confirmed quake yet.

Anyone find anything new pertaining to it?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is not good.

But I am not understanding why we would not know about it- is there a reason that China would keep a natural disaster on that scale a secret, forgive me if I sound dumb- but politics, I can see- but an earthquake?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
IF this quake did occur, then what area would likely be affected by a Tsunami? Not in China, but in the US? Is the USGS possibly withholding info. on this to avoid mass panic on the West Coast of the US? Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I was able to find this. I'm no good at interpreting the data though. Perhaps this will those who can?

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

link   
i cant believe im saying this, but the awkwardness of it, and no USGS info? conspiracy maybe?

link   
Could it have been a bomb test? At least it looked like there is almost nothing in that area. Or am i wrong?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Don't get your panties in a wad.

You'll hear something if it is so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join