It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS News 11: US Politicians and Elections: Now On Sale Everywhere

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
In this edition of ATS News we cover the stunning landmark decision of the US Supreme Court that effectively places a "for sale" sign on every politician in the country. While conspiracy theorists have known that corporate lobbyists have held sway over politicians for some time, the new ruling opens the floodgates for massive sums of money. The resulting fallout is that politicians and elections can be easily bought and sold by major corporations, in what some are calling the end of democracy in America. Other stories include Hugo Chavez's claim that the US caused the Haiti earthquake, freedom of speech in Italy, government wiretapping, and more.

(click to open player in new window)

Threads discussed in this episode:

Aliens might not be friendly, warns astronomer

US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

Court Rules That Mass Surveillance of Americans is Immune From Judicial Review

Conservative Justices Sell The Nation to Corporations

Proposed Web video restrictions cause outrage in Italy

11 Extinct Animals That Have Been Photographed Alive

ATS News with Johnny Anonymous is a production of AboveTopSecret.com, the Internet's largest and most popular website for the discussion of alternative topics. In this time where mainstream news has let down the public with heavily-spun and biased "news as entertainment," ATS News is your only source of unbiased news and information, from those people who turned out to be right all along: conspiracy theorists

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
haha already like the title of this

and thank Johnny always good info

[edit on 27-1-2010 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
S & F

I always look forward to these now! They're great.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Oh come now.

Why this ruling upheld free speech.

Government has no right to regulate the speech of groups any more than it has the right to regulate the speech of individual citizens.

Government regulating political speech is more dangerous than our insane Federal Reserve system.

Read the article and you'll come to understand why this decision was the correct decision.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
PALEEEASE!

I guess that the people who form a corporattion have NO RIGHT to speak in defense of their LEAGLLY CREATED enitity. The entity that the government FORCED THEM TO FORM.

So only 501C3's (Unions and George Soros) can speak.

You guys SLAY ME. AAHHHHHHHH!!!! People are TO STUPID to think for them selves.

I gues a site that wants people to think for themselves only wants that so far...

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
I guess that the people who form a corporattion have NO RIGHT to speak in defense of their LEAGLLY CREATED enitity.

However. Those corporations have gained the ability to devote funding to politics through the efforts of their employees who may not agree with the direction in which the fruits of their labor is politically invested.

An "individual" and a "entity" must be two different "things" in so far as politics is concerned.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

Not to mention the fact that many times, these people in charge (or at least influencing) these corporations are NOT American Citizens at all.

This is a complete sell-out of the American ideal.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
"Corporations Ain't People"

If they are, then why can't we draft them?

And why can't the government bail us all out? We've made some pretty dumb mistakes with our finances too.

(These two points courtesy of article in "The Nation.")

I have a thread going on this subject:

abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Sestias]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Politics have always been up for sale. Now it's official. Through the lobbyists, and special interest groups to the politicians themselves. Whoever fills the new positions will have substantial financial support from an outside interest group.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Blood Eagle]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
He so reminds me of Max headroom from the 80's LOL great post thank you really enjoyed it .

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It’s like everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.

It’s like everybody wants to be free, but nobody wants to fight for it.

The light of liberty is fading.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Currently watching this episode right now, and I look forward to them every week, please keep making them. So Italian censorship eh? I'm sure people will find some ways around it, but it will be a nuisance to almost everyone who posts "youtube" videos and whatnot. I'm hoping for italian members of ATS the government doesn't filter ATS from them.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I am so tired of hearing the court puts politicians up for sale ... they been that way forever, this changes nothing.
Guns don't kill people, people do using them.
If the politicians were not corrupt already this would make no difference.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Good ol' Johnny Anonymous here as young new's anchorman

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9a6497f2cd2.jpg[/atsimg]

The Legend of ......Johnny Anonymous

OJ but you have to admit it's uncanny

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Your actually so close..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb65c69ccd7c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Wow i was close

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
*sigh*

i was hoping i could escape the right wing agenda comments by coming here and getting a breath of fresh air, but alas, its plagued even here.

Im not looking for "pro left wing" or anything of the sort - i am simply saying that i strong heartedly disagree with this ruling - and the only people i see agreeing with it are avid, die hard, "rush babies" and the likes. None of them understand WHY they agree with it - they just simply agree.

So here is why i disagree with it.

Corporations are not individuals. They are comprised of individuals - yes, in the same way a cake is comprised of eggs. But you don't get an egg with chocolate frosting on your birthday. (well...unless you're having pregnancy cravings, or you have one really twisted diet)

The danger in this is that come election time - we will see an exploitation of the idiot masses the likes of which we have NEVER seen before - and it will come from both sides of the aisle

You mark my words - this will eventually turn into a bad idea - and you'll have right wings complaining about it because some idiot left winger figured out a way to exploit it even further. It'll happen.

Our TV channels will be filled with endless commercials. Every 2 years, our shopping centers will be flooded with pictures of politicians - phoney stories of heroism or villainy....

We'll succumb to it at home on the couch watching TV, it'll invade our workplace, our fun place, it'll be every where we are, at all times, until we are ready to choke. And at just that point - we'll be offered an escape, and we'll take it - electing which ever official promises said escape first.

This is BAD.
Any time a billionaire moron says something is good for this country, you should run in the entirely opposite direction.

They're billionaires because they look out for #1. Not for you.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
well we can all see whats going to happen....

Ronald McDonald is going to run for president and start a McDictatorship.

But seriously this scares the daylights out of me.

it confirms the fact that we all has suspicions that they were working behind the scenes the whole damn time.

who's going to stand up to this?

Anyone know if Jesse Ventura is still going to run for presidentin 2012?
he's already said if the people want it he will do it, I hear he's also got ron pauls support on that.

Hell I hope ron paul manages to run as well....

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What this supreme court Judge did was an act of war and totally against the Constitution. The legislature can overturn this act and if none of elected does throw them out. If there are too many commercials for a politicians...don't vote for him. Our civil war has started in our country. This was one of the most hurtful things they have done to the American people. Silenced us. Taken away our rights and moral laws. Bribery is exactly what Lobbyists do. The only good lobbyist is a dead one. Betta start preparing and collecting bullets for our guns. And teach your kids about the Constitution and the conservatives that are mean, greedy, and disloyal to this country and people. Quickly, let it be done.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Politics and politicians are on sale everywhere not only in USA, politics is now a days a good business in which you have no investment except time and once you are successful you are going to have lifetime income.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join