It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Ask: Is Ron Paul Running The GOP Now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

When it comes to declared votes for or against the confirmation of Ben Bernanke, the Republican caucus in the Senate is currently mostly opposed. This is really pissing off the Democrats, who feel like they are being made to take the fall for confirming Bailout Ben.

A senior administration official tells POLITICO's Mike Allen:

"It's amazing that Senate [Republicans] can barely muster a majority for a Republican who was named Time's 'Man of the Year' and who served in the Bush White House, was appointed to his current job by President George W. Bush and has the full support of the US Chamber of Commerce and Main Street American business. And their main complaint is that he saved the world from what Jim Cramer has called the 'financial stone age.' Is the minority leader Ron Paul? Someone's learned the wrong lesson from the MA race and it's not President Obama."

This is the kind of rhetoric we saw during the original bailout. Lawmakers who opposed the TARP bill were accused of playing political fiddles while the economy burned. The GOP leadership was criticized for allegedly failing to arrange things so that both parties would be equally to blame for the approval of the unpopular bailout.

Just hearing the return of the Irresponsibilty Narrative makes us think maybe voting against Bernanke's confirmation is the right thing to do.

www.businessinsider.com...

In my opinion if the republicans did this it would be the best decision they have taken since..... maybe 12 years ago or perhaps more.

The dems might only be saying this since he has a strong voice and they want inside fighting.

Who knows.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.... to be honest, if Mr. Paul were running the GOP it would likely be in far better shape than it currently is.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If the GOP turns it around and starts acting like Ron Paul, they will get my vote. Sadly they are just acting like this until they get the majority and then it is back to being NeoCons. Until they act right, I am strictly third party.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I really hope RP takes over the damn place.

This country would be a lot more stable if that man was in charge!

GO RON PAUL!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well If you look at Ron Pauls website you will see he has about 6 to 10 interviews a week with CNN NBC and FOX. He gets more media time than any other congressman or senator I have ever seen.

The media likes him and they know he brings in viewers which raises ratings. The rest of congress is only now starting to listen to him because of not only all the media attention, but because the tea party (which was undeniably created by Ron Paul and his supporters in 2008 on the tea party anniversary that raised over 6 million in one day) is becoming a viable replacement party for the Republicans who want to distance them selves from the neocons.

So in reality Ron Paul is running the party in the sense that he has basically created an escape route for constitutional republicans.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hopefully the media isn't somehow going to set him up.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Both parties would love to be rid of him I don't think the GOP insiders want him around he's a threat to the neocons hold on power within the party so I think it's not outta the realm of possibility that they would leak negative articles like this as for the Dems well they really don't like the idea of him having such a high profile it screws with both of their agendas.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The same GOP who black-balled him during the election.

The same GOP that stole his movement that invented the so called tea-parties.

No....Ron Paul is a threat to the GOP.

Such a threat that during the presidential election, many delegates in many states had to file civil suits against the GOP for illegal actions taken against delegates who were working very HARD to get his bid for president.

DEMS and REPUBS....are furious that Ron Paul IS the man right now.

See, Ron Paul supporters knew this would happen. Because we were once like everyone else. Then when we found out how genuine and honest Dr. Paul was we decided to work our butts off to get his message out.

We knew it wasn't about him winning the election, we knew it was about his MESSAGE.

& Boy is his message ever being heard. The truth cannot be denied.

Every News outlet seeks his view on our current economic turmoil. Why is that?

Because Austrian Economics is a common sense view that we all share as Americans, whether we know it or not. It makes the most sense. It reward the right people and holds those in power accountable for their actions.

The Free Market is under attack, now more than ever.

All Americans want is a chance. A Chance to grow, think, share and help each other out.

Government needs to step aside and let us get our economy back in place.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a nice man, but trying to go back to the gold standard would be insane. There is not enough gold in the ground to support the world's currencies. The size of the world's economies would contract severely.

The Austrian school of economics is not far removed from Milton Friedman and the laissez faire theories that got us into our current financial meltdown in the first place.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I thought the Democrats thought Rush was GOP leader with Hannity as second in command?

Stupid Washington Democrats - just goes to show how little they actually DO know.

new topics

top topics

join