It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn....The winged disk...NINIB..Planet Hex

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Starred and flagged...letthereaderunderstand, what can I say? Great article, and even greater research. This goes along with a theory I have often thought of. Follow along here...the ancients seems to have know a lot more about the planets in our system. I think that at time, there was water rings around Earth, and they collapsed, causing the great flood. What do you think?

I believe all that is required to seeing the truth is honesty. We honestly don't know what created the solar system and to say otherwise, well...it's just not honest.

History is not truth. History is a conspiracy. Conspiracy is something the majority agrees on. It comes from "Com" together and "Spire" to breath. Get the majority to agree and it is taken as "history" and that goes for current events. That is what media is for and why every dept. in the government has a media branch.

The earth ring theory is very cool by the way. I say anything is possible.

theory Look up theory at Dictionary.com
1590s, "conception, mental scheme," from L.L. theoria (Jerome), from Gk. theoria "contemplation, speculation, a looking at, things looked at," from theorein "to consider, speculate, look at," from theoros "spectator," from thea "a view" + horan "to see." Sense of "principles or methods of a science or art (rather than its practice)" is first recorded 1610s. That of "an explanation based on observation and reasoning" is from 1630s.

Myth being an untrue story is a recent development. Until 1840, myths were regarded as truth. Reductionist versions of a real story. All myths started from something and grew. Be sure the ancients weren't dummies...this world has been going round a long time.

1830, from Gk. mythos "speech, thought, story, myth," of unknown origin.

Myths are "stories about divine beings, generally arranged in a coherent system; they are revered as true and sacred; they are endorsed by rulers and priests; and closely linked to religion. Once this link is broken, and the actors in the story are not regarded as gods but as human heroes, giants or fairies, it is no longer a myth but a folktale. Where the central actor is divine but the story is trivial ... the result is religious legend, not myth." [J. Simpson & S. Roud, "Dictionary of English Folklore," Oxford, 2000, p.254]

General sense of "untrue story, rumor" is from 1840.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Well, its the closest thing to fact that we know of. As of yet, you have not shown any logical theory to show why the planets were closer to earth than these scientists, nor have you shown any counter theory to that statement. Hardly ther actions of someone with an IQ of 160

The closest thing to fact hardly makes it one. I mean i could say you are the closest thing to a transvestite on ATS, would that make you one?

It has not been my intent to show why the planets could have been closer or any counter theory. It was only my intent to show that most of the statements you made were utter nonsense.

None of what you have said has disproven anything the OP posted. All it has proven was that you have a very limited grasp on fact.

Actually, as you have again proven you know nothing of the differences between the formations of stars and planets.

You just proved that you dont know the difference between a gas giant and a gas giant undergoing fusion.

Im going to drop the water ice argument for now, as you clearly cant see that the article stated water being released into space, and the fact that the minute traces of water currently on Saturn exist as ice

I did see what the article said. Youre going to drop the argument now because you are clearly wrong and contradicting yourself.

You have taken the term layered out of context, again there is no point in explaining why you are wrong. Seeing as you claim to have an IQ of 160, you should be smart enough to figure out whta context I was using

Now you just sound like a fundamentalist xtian.

No, this proves that the gases on Saturn quickly cooled and liquefied as its location from the sun (and Earth) was vast.

How did it heat up so vastly in the first place? Are you going to fall back on the supernova waves?

Someone who cant grasp that the h2o molecule has the common name "water" no matter which state it happens to be in at the time has no right telling others to educate themselves. Especially someone in a field that is wrong 99% of the time.

99% wrong, where's that quote from?

From me, you just quoted me saying it. Duh?

Oh and due to what I do for a living, I think I can grasp the term water and what conditions need to be for it to be called ice, super cooled etc. But you would know that, having an IQ of 160 and all

Yes you grasped it so well that you claimed scientists all call water ice water ice, then I proved you wrong like most everything else you stated.

But hey give us some more of what you "know" so I can snip everything but the first 2 words to prove you wrong yet again.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Utter nonsense.

Saturn was not in a different orbit 12,500 years ago.
If it had been close enough for its rings to contact Earth it would have severely affected Earth's orbit. Rather than our nice circular orbit Earth would be have been thrown into a wild ellipse, in all probability it would have been ejected from the Solar System all together.

Probably. But probably and probability dont preclude the OPs story either.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Utter nonsense.

Saturn was not in a different orbit 12,500 years ago.
If it had been close enough for its rings to contact Earth it would have severely affected Earth's orbit. Rather than our nice circular orbit Earth would be have been thrown into a wild ellipse, in all probability it would have been ejected from the Solar System all together.

Isn't that what our orbit is...an ellipse?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/962e61f42ed1.png[/atsimg]

No where in the title of this thread did I state anything about science..."for the record".

Science is about observation and recording those observations.

The ancients did this. This is a fact. All myths are based in truth. We are to divide the light from the dark.

This is a thread about connecting mythos. Why do you guys get so weird, start calling people "liars and morons" (oz weatherman), as if what someone else studies or looks into threatens your existence or security. I find it very odd behavior from such "schooled" individuals as yourselves. It would be like a teacher picking on a student in front of the rest of the class. If you come into these threads to teach, then teach. Otherwise you degrade the comradeship of the thread.

Again, this is a thread about connecting MYTHS.

What can you tell us about the Winged Disk, NINIB, or Kronos?

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Probably ejected from the Solar System.
Definitely our orbit would be highly elliptical.

phet.colorado.edu...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Earth's orbit is slightly elliptical. That diagram exaggerates the eccentricity.

All myths are based on truth? Winged horses existed? The Sun is pulled by a chariot across the sky? A giant held the sky up on his shoulders? Myths are not based on truth, they are based on attempts to explain what was then unexplainable. For the most part, they did a very poor job but the stories can be kind of cool.

[edit on 1/27/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
The closest thing to fact hardly makes it one. I mean i could say you are the closest thing to a transvestite on ATS, would that make you one?

You are taking the term "fact" out of science context

Apart from the fundamental inquiry in to the nature of scientific fact, there remain the practical and social considerations of how fact is investigated, established, and substantiated through the proper application of the scientific method. Scientific facts are generally believed to be independent of the observer: no matter who performs a scientific experiment, all observers will agree on the outcome. In addition to these considerations, there are the social and institutional measures, such as peer review and accreditation, that are intended to promote factual accuracy (among other interests) in scientific study

As the theory that stands is the main accepted theory, then in a scientific context, it is considered fact. But you should know this having an IQ of 160 and all

You just proved that you dont know the difference between a gas giant and a gas giant undergoing fusion.

Like I stated before, Saturns mass is far from enough to achieve fusion. In fact Jupiter which is much heavier still need to increase its mass 50 fold to even achieve the slight possibility to do this. You should know this having an IQ of 160 and all

Now you just sound like a fundamentalist xtian.

Yeah, great intellectual reply

How did it heat up so vastly in the first place? Are you going to fall back on the supernova waves?

Well, conmsidering the definition of scientific fact, and the earlier external quote, then this is accepted fact. Its not like you have coem up with anything better

From me, you just quoted me saying it. Duh?

Oh, so its make believe. How can you come up with figures when you cant even supply your own theories or disprove the current accepted ones?

But hey give us some more of what you "know" so I can snip everything but the first 2 words to prove you wrong yet again.

You really do have an ego complex dont you. Making figures up with no supporting evidence and claiming I am wrong by simply posting that im incorrect.

Careful otherwise the mass of your ego might achieve stellar nucleosynthesis, turning your head into a glowing ball of plasma

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Probably ejected from the Solar System.
Definitely our orbit would be highly elliptical.

phet.colorado.edu...

It is elliptical.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Slighty. Eccentricity = 0.016710219
I said highly elliptical.

Pluto is considered highly elliptical (15x Earth)
Eccentricity = 0.24880766

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Also according to the myths, the sun was not present yet or at least wasn't seen. It suggests the Sun was born from the earth.

I don't know how people back then could of mistaken the sun as not being present. Also the moon was not in the sky. How can this be accounted for, unless it is utterly made up...in every culture around the world all conspiring against science...highly doubtful, but plausible I guess.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

You are taking the term "fact" out of science context

Yeah, great intellectual reply

No I didnt take it out of context. You did. And your continuous repetition of supposed context does make you sound like a fundy xtian.

Well, conmsidering the definition of scientific fact, and the earlier external quote, then this is accepted fact. Its not like you have coem up with anything better

No you see facts are observed. Better check the definition again. You are confusing accepted scientific theory with fact.

Oh, so its make believe.

No its an empirically observed fact that nearly everyone on Earth agrees with. Even most "weathermen".

How can you come up with figures when you cant even supply your own theories or disprove the current accepted ones?

And right there is where you fail science.

You really do have an ego complex dont you. Making figures up with no supporting evidence and claiming I am wrong by simply posting that im incorrect.

I have done more than simply say youre wrong.

You said scientists call water ice water ice and implied they never just call it water. I showed you that was wrong. As I have done with most everything else youve decided to spout as fact. You refuse to acknowledge this "fact" and show us all who has the ego.

Careful otherwise the mass of your ego might achieve stellar nucleosynthesis, turning your head into a glowing ball of plasma

It's like you just called my brain brighter than yours and didnt even get it.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Slighty. Eccentricity = 0.016710219
I said highly elliptical.

Pluto is considered highly elliptical (15x Earth)
Eccentricity = 0.24880766

Okay, point taken. Is there any mechanism that you know of that would take a highly elliptical orbit and make it only slight?

Edit: Better yet do you know of anything that would preclude it?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Yes, utterly made up. Stories to try to push back the darkness of ignorance.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Earth's orbit is slightly elliptical. That diagram exaggerates the eccentricity.

All myths are based on truth? Winged horses existed? The Sun is pulled by a chariot across the sky? A giant held the sky up on his shoulders? Myths are not based on truth, they are based on attempts to explain what was then unexplainable. For the most part, they did a very poor job but the stories can be kind of cool.

By being attempts to explain the unexplainable shows that they are based on some sort of truth. Otherwise what is there to explain? Youre just left with the cool story part.

edit: On one hand youre saying theyre trying to explain something then saying its totally made up. Cant have it both ways.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

About the only thing that can circularize an eccentric orbit would be tidal forces. The tidal forces of the Sun on Earth are slight. An orbit of the eccentricity we are talking about (far greater than that of Pluto) would take millions or billions of years to circularize, not 12,000. Those same forces also lead to tidal locking. We are not tidally locked with the Sun.

Play with that simulator, see what happens when you place a large "planet" near the smaller one.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Sure I can. It's easy to make up.
What causes a solar eclipse? Oh, that's easy. A space dragon eats the Sun then pukes it back out. A reoccurring myth.

Where's the reality there?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

About the only thing that can circularize an eccentric orbit would be tidal forces. The tidal forces of the Sun on Earth are slight. An orbit of the eccentricity we are talking about (far greater than that of Pluto) would take millions or billions of years to circularize, not 12,000. Those same forces also lead to tidal locking. We are not tidally locked with the Sun.

Play with that simulator, see what happens when you place a large "planet" near the smaller one.

What about the tidal forces of the Earth and the moon?

No other influences could do it? Gravity?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Sure I can. It's easy to make up.
What causes a solar eclipse? Oh, that's easy. A space dragon eats the Sun then pukes it back out.

Then youre saying the eclipse never happened?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Tidal forces are a result of gravity.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

What?
No. I'm saying that the myth is made up. Just like it is made up that there were people around before the Sun was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join