It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody get Mass Effect 2? Best Game Ever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I just got Mass Effect 2...

Best game ever.

Just wanted to share that with you... and if you have any hesitations about getting it...

Ignore them. It is well worth it.

My only suggestion is that you play the first one before you get the second one, as you will be very confused story-wise if you just go out and get the 2nd one.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
So you like it then?

lol, I was thinking about doing the old pre-order on steam but I haven't really played the first that much. I got the first one a while back but only played it for a couple of hours, I couldn't really get into it for some reason. I might give it another go cause the second one does look pretty amazing!

Let me know what you think of it after you've finished it

I want Battlefield 3!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have yet to get it yet. I am making sure I beat the first one in all possible ways first. I also have 4 level 60 characters so I will be able to transfer them as level 5 chars I believe.

I am a big Mass Effect fan.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wow I didn't know ATS/BTS had a videogame forum

Yes the first Mass Effect was great! It had IMO good game plame, really good replay value, also thought the story was pretty intense. I will definitely buy ME2... I just have to put down Modern Warfare 2 first

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Thats a good idea... you get a lot of bonuses for transferring characters over... not to mention MASSIVE waves of nostalgia, as almost every quest, and even most of side-quests are reflected in ME2 in some way.

It's amazing how they've integrated all the choices you make from the first game into the second.

Apparently though, the second has a lot more possible endings than the first... so this game is pretty much gonna consume me until mass effect 3 comes out

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Yes you really should try and beat the first... even just once.

The second's combat system is WAYYYYY improved; its actually one of the most enjoyable 3rd person shooters i've played.

I was a big battlefield 2 player for a while; I pretty much lived, ate, and slept battlefield 2 for the first 2 years it was out.

Need to get a new PC for the 3rd though

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Hrmm whats this game all aboot then?

Checking out some screenshots, looks hella interesting!!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Well the series is set 180 years in the future when humans have made contact with ET's. You're part of "The Alliance" which is basically the human political aspect of the galactic political spectrum.

Your a war hero, and most of the game's storyline involves dialogue where you can choose what to say to people, with some choices providing entirely different outcomes and endings than others.

I'd just check the wikipedia page if you want more info.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
Hrmm whats this game all aboot then?

Checking out some screenshots, looks hella interesting!!

It's like star wars without lightsabers. totally awesome! if you like RPGs and like Sci Fi this one is a no brainer. it is worth it to get the first one and it's super cheap also, used copies at gamestop are 15 bucks.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Loved the first one, thought the second one was even better. Awesome game with great story and great gameplay. Makes you wonder what alien civilizations are like out there and how they get along and do business and politics. One of the best games ever.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I got it too

So far its pretty damn good, but I still like MW2 better

However, I didnt play the first one, but I think I picked up the storyline pretty well.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Im stuck in this prison in the middle of nowhere for a project! Stupid secured facility has NOTHING! its in the mIDDLE OF NOWHERE!

My mass effect 2 is at my parents house they picked up the special edition for me, and can you believe when i went home for christmas break i forgot it and left it at home.

ooooooooooo im so jealous of all of you!

top topics

join