It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 is a Deadline. Not an appointment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Consider this possibility: What if 2012 is not some appointment date when the curtain will automatically be brought down on this grand experiment. If you think about it, that makes no sense from either of the two possible perspectives:

1. The Alien/Religious/Higher Power version of events suggests some sort of unstoppable "greater plan" major happening with cataclysmic or possibly wonderful results. The amorphous "other" suggested here would have no legitimate reason to provide clues to this time frame.

2. Ancient scientists with incredible understanding of the workings of the galaxy charted and calculated the time at which great astronomical calamity would befall the Earth. It seems counter-intuitive that they would not more clearly explain what they anticipated. This is especially true if you consider the more deeply encrypted hints like those discusses in the Giza complex thread.

The fact is that there are, scattered throughout the world, across several different civilizations clue to a great a puzzle. A test, if you will. It is a test which humanity can only pass by combining moderately advanced understanding of astrophysics and astronomy, reverence for and curiosity about our past, intuitive problem solving skills, international cooperation, the ability to transcend language/communication barriers and an openness to strange and potentially intimidating truths.

Think about it: the 2012 mystery is an aptitude test for humanity.

Now clearly, I am taking the perspective that there is some sort of outside influence (alien, cosmic, spiritual or otherwise) that set these clues in place, and may have continued feeding clues here and there through folks like Cayce and Nostradamus, perhaps the Fatima girls.

For all I know at this point; the engineers, astronomers, scientists and philosophers that created this test may have finished their work, crawled into the sea and become dolphins and they've been monitoring us ever since. They could be aliens living inside the space station we call the moon. Their origin is relatively immaterial in light of a more important question:

How does humanity pass the test?

Everyone is going on and on about proof that 2012 might be significant. My curiosity lies in what the puzzle is ultimately instructing us to do. Should we be building something, a signal or sign? Should we plan on having representatives at a certain place ready to receive visitors? Should large groups congregate at appointed areas?

Nothing we have seen suggests a course of specific action.

Of course, this being ATS, we can't ignore the possibility that TPTB may have already cracked the code and are working nefariously behind the curtain to make sure the events of 2012 serve their purposes, and I hope they are justly rewarded for their hubris if such is the case.

Maybe TPTB have been working in their own perverse way for the betterment of mankind, working to provide the correct indications at the correct time so that the Inventors of the Puzzle will deem us worthy and welcome us into the next level of existence. Maybe HAARP and Project Bluebeam and the Moon Bombing and Area 51 are all part of an elaborate welcome mat, preparations for some gigantic victory party for our civilization. Considering all the pain, suffering, murder and genocide in the world, this seems unlikely, but hey we don't have to be ALL gloom and doom.

So what do you think?

2012 Mystery: Aptitude Test?

Any of our resident 2012 obsessives stumble upon anything that seems like instructions or directives?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I like the notion that past philosphers/scientists/etc have been sent here to assist us in understanding the truth of our universe. Many people will refute that.

The evidence of ancient cultures points at something big happening in 2012 on a cosmic scale that would forever shift the way humans live on earth. But does that mean we're doomed, and that there is a deadline for us to past spiritual tests? I doubt it. From a spiritual perspective, we reincarnate to learn about the physical universe, and to increase our knowledge of emotion. What gain would there be in setting a deadline, from the Creator's perspective? If there is a deadline, a polar shift, Planet X, whatever; and life is forced to re-start all over, then we will go on reincarnating here and elsewhere. Point being, what would we gain on a spiritual level through 2012?

All the points in your post are good points, and I think you bring an interesting discussion to the table. I'm not trying to refute what you're proposing, but I'd like to hear more about your theories on said deadline.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It could also be a test to see just how the spiritual growth of the human race is coming along. And if that is the case, I feel sorry for those who are ego driven. When lives are run by the "me and I" thinking, well, spiritual growth or progress will not happen. And the problem with that is, it tends to drag others down also. Look at the state of the world right now and the ones that are running things to get a good perspective on this.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
thank you for this theory! i will chew on this for a while. it tastes quite nice already. ;P
in all seriousness though i was mostly on the "harvest" bandwagon as far as the reasoning for 2012...Law of One and all that ya know. lol it all really resonates with me. the deadline for some sort of challenge is along similar lines in my head so it will be at least entertaining to think about.

i guess i wonder if there would be any specific instructions though.

i kind of assume there is a destination we are to arrive at by that 'deadline' and how we get there isn't as much of the issue.

are you supposing that we, as a human race, are to band together and figure it out or work at it on an individual basis? i believe the latter just because i've given up hope that the masses can work together or even know there is something to work FOR. :/

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

For those of us who are NOT the PTB, there is an awakening going on now. We have always been limited by our perceptions. Think about that for a minute. Only what we could percieve within our human minds was our reality. Due to electromagnetic frequency changes along with a triggering of our so called junk DNA, as well as planitary alignments etc..... the switches are bing turn on within us. In your deepest innermost being, there now comes an awakening of truths undeniable to your soul. Ok so you arent sure EXACTLY what all is happening you just know its happening. I personally do not see 2012 as the endgame date. However major changes are happening now due to vibrational and freguency changes. Perhaps natural and perhaps coerced by SOME. Fasten your seatbelts and avoid fear at all costs. Fear is a feeder to evil.

My key statement is the limitations we have always had by our limited perceptions. Those perceptins are rapidly changeing.

Time, space, reality, power, everything as we knew it was a lie.

Im not expert on anything............just sayin

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Perhaps the term "Initiation" would be more appropriate as I don't suspect dire consequences should we "Fail" the Test. More likely, an opportunity shall pass us by if we do not meet the necessary benchmarks.

Then the cycle will begin anew as a new mystery appears.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Like you Robert, I do believe we are being "watched" for progress. Personally I see humanity sinking deeper into the cesspool daily. The changes in awareness are now. Unfortunately sheeple dont have a very high awareness. TPTB are moving everything below the earths surface for a reason. I wonder every night if the earth will shift, change and split apart beneath my home. I feel that the New Madrid quake is going to be ugly this time around because somebody is playing with Haarp. As for planet X, perhaps the latter part of 2011 is even possible.
Im sure the "watchers" are keeping a close eye on humanity, especially with regards to our weapons testing.
The thing that bothers me the most is that I realize now that its all been a LIE, and I will die without ever having known the TRUTH.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

There is no 2012 mystery, just 2012 baseless conjecture. There is no evidence 2012 is a year any different from the thousands we've had in the past. None. No evidence pointing to anything special happening, to think so is, frankly, delusional.

new topics

top topics

join