It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 State of the Union Address -- Is Disclosure Coming Tonight!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This does seem curious. Wouldn't we also expect to hear scuttlebutt about mobilizing police and army forces for such an announcement tonight? I think it is more likely Obama will state that he's Maitreya than there are alien brothers. Or even more likely is Kanye West grabbing the mic from Obama and saying "Listen Obama, I'm really happy for ya and i'ma let ya finish but James Buchanan is the all time greatest presidential let down."

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well regardless of what happens, this will be a great opportunity for those people who specialize in reverse speach. Record everything Obama says and see if you can find any subliminal messages when played backwards for this state of the union speech tonight. See what hapends...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry to inform to you all that it isn't about disclosure. It's to help sell the Universal Healthcare to the American Public. Our President of the United States will be using tonight's address to assure us citizens of the pros and cons of the new Healthcare system in an attempt to ease our minds of the many confusing questions that have arisen from this topic.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
we have to grow up sometime... and keeping the biggest secret of all time is not easy. information is too easily available due to technological advances over the last 50 years. so the TPTB know this charade cannot last forever. they do not want to tell us, but they have no choice....

think of this. what if the aliens (maybe even the off planet humans) say, either you announce our existance or we will do it?

at that point romance goes right out the window and reality sets in buddy.

wake up

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
reply to post by insideNSA

When I see these threads I feel like too many people have been watching too many movies and there is this romantic fantasy about "disclosure" going on that doesn't even jibe with reality. It's like some are wishing so much for the fantasy to happen that they are PROJECTING the fantasy into every thing. And if you tell them otherwise, you're a heretic.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I already know the Union is in a heck of a state, but I too am hoping something is mentioned regarding E.T's, and therefore will be watching it.
Surely some of the rumours that are going around regarding disclosure have reached the ears of Obama, so even if he stands up and says there will be no disclosure as there's nothing to disclose, at least it will put an end to all the speculation and the hope most of us have had for him to come clean. Due to what so far appears to be over-kill as far as all the emergency respondents who will be available tonight, I'm thinking perhaps there's another false flag terrorist operation in the works. I hope I'm wrong on this!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
No. Disclosure is not happening. I'm sick of getting hyped up for this stuff only to be let down, so instead, I'm just going to downright say that there's a 99.9% chance that alien disclosure will not happen tonight. This way, if I'm right, I don't care, and if I'm wrong and it happens, I can have a good laugh. I'm sick of anticipating something for it to not happen.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Gosh I'd kick myself if he DID talk about aliens and I wasn't watching the speech live.

I think - IMO - that there's

1. always a need for medical staff at large events, especially where folks might be standing and locking their knees a lot and fainting and the potential for assasinations and old powerful people....

2. extra medical staff could be easily pointed to as a PR stunt when he talks about the health care crisis.

I can't logically with how the gubment has been running see any disclosure buuut That's exactly what I was thinking something to do with healthcare.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
uhhh.. why continue an obsolete chemical rocket program when we've had antigravity ships for the last 40+ years. lol. ask Gary McKinnon. you really need to catch up. the space shuttle program has been a front all along. think TR-B3.

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Uh nice thought, however, you all really should read this from todays headlines.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I dont think Disclosure will happen tonight. Its just probably an extra precaution due to the terrorist threat.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by insideNSA
uhhh.. why continue an obsolete chemical rocket program when we've had antigravity ships for the last 40+ years. lol. ask Gary McKinnon. you really need to catch up. the space shuttle program has been a front all along. think TR-B3.

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Uh nice thought, however, you all really should read this from todays headlines.

www.foxnews.com...

So lets cut funding that could potentially progress "Humans" beyond the confines of our planet. Instead we will continue to fund wars and hinder humanity even further.

Makes complete and total sense!!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well... so much for this particular theory. It seems that Obama may be ready to all but dismantle NASA, canceling the Ares and Constellation programs and sending our space agency to live in the attic...

NASA's plans to return astronauts to the moon are dead. So are the rockets being designed to take them there, if President Obama gets his way. When the White House releases its budget proposal Monday, there will be no money for the Constellation program that was to return humans to the moon by 2020. The Ares I rocket that was to replace the space shuttle to ferry humans to space will be gone, along with money for the Ares V cargo rocket that was to launch the fuel and supplies needed to return to the moon. There will be no lunar landers, no moon bases.

The White House will direct NASA to concentrate on Earth-science projects -- principally, researching and monitoring climate change -- and on a new technology research and development program designed to someday enable human exploration of asteroids and the inner solar system.

Source: LA Times

Now, I'm no big fan of NASA's bureaucratic heavy lift abilities but... let's face it; China will OWN the moon soon with this plan and Russia will OWN Mars someday before we even get back on the launch pad. But as long as we save the banks and the brokers... it will all be just fine and dandy, no?

Beyond all of that, and to the point and topic of the OP of this particular thread? I cannot see Mr. Obama disclosing ET at the same time he sends his national space agency to the gallows.

Can you?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
IMHO i don't think disclosure about UFO and ETs will happen tonight.

What i strongly believe though is Barack Obama disclosing UFO & ETs existence by the end of this year.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
DocEmrick,

I logged in just to star your post (and the OP) actually...as it was my sentiments exactly.

On topic, I agree with most of the sentiment expressed here. There is a 99.9% probability that We the Peons will not get disclosure tonight. I think that many of us who are observant see something out of the ordinary, and are keeping hope alive (even a .1% chance) that something extraordinary will happen. If it does, whatever it is, I urge you all to consider it's source and do the math, connect the dots, and discern for yourselves...as always.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
No. Disclosure is not happening. I'm sick of getting hyped up for this stuff only to be let down, so instead, I'm just going to downright say that there's a 99.9% chance that alien disclosure will not happen tonight. This way, if I'm right, I don't care, and if I'm wrong and it happens, I can have a good laugh. I'm sick of anticipating something for it to not happen.

I hear you. My patience has worn VERY thin as well.

If nothing happens, (and in all likelihood nothing will) it will just be another day on planet Earth.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You know what I have noticed since joining ATS?

Never ending "DISCLOSURE IS IMMINENT!"

Never ending "WW3 IS COMING THIS YEAR"

Never ending "FALSE-FLAG TERROR HAPPENING ON -/-/-"

Never ending "TPTB WANT US DEAD! FEMA CAMPS BEING DEPLOYED!"

When the hell are people going to learn through trial and error that is is all hogwash???

Yes. There are aliens and certain rogue factions within the government hold the key to it all.

Yes. The world is pretty unstable, anything could happen, everything might not happen.

"TPTB" want us all to die? No. Do they lie about stuff? Of course.

Was 9/11 a false flag done by the #ty U.S government? Who knows for sure. Maybe, maybe not.

People get so wound up in all of this stuff that you have all effectively BRAINWASHED yourselves!

I know I will be flamed and you will write.....

"Well perhaps we haven't given up on finding the truth yet! Maybe we don't want to live in a society where we are slaves ruled by the evil and greedy PTB... So yes we are going to get wound up in it all!!"

Well thats fine.. Just get off your arse's and go and physically do something about it! Stop sitting on the internet day in day out talking and whining amongst yourselves! Get out there in the real world and physically protest, physically demand if you care that much about it.

It is beyond me why every single person on here hasn't organised a real rally or protest to try and get this stuff sorted out? Seriously, there would be thousands upon thousands of people that would want to join in because they believe it. Why sit on the internet and whine and complain that TPTB haven't made disclosure yet?

NEWS FLASH!: Your evil PTB aren't ever going to disclose anything.. and If they did do you really believe, it will because they have decided to create a peasceful one world one people civilization on earth? Uniting with peaceful space faring E.T's? these are the people you constantly whine about who have taken your freedoms away to begin with... And your all hoping and waiting for THEM to disclose?

How about we all get an organisation happening, a real physical organisation, not just a giant interent protest or something pathetic.... I'm talking about getting up off your chairs if you haven't fused to it and walking over to that thing called a door and getting out there and making this disclosure happen?

I'm sure if the E.T's seen that thousand upon thousands of people were rallying to try and contact them over a city or somewhere heavily populated they would probably say

"Hey, check it out. They are finally doing something about this! They actually want us to show up? Maybe we should? Obviously the PEOPLE are ready, and if enough PEOPLE are ready then the "LEADERS" will have to follow them!"

or alternatively we can all continue to sit on our fused arse's to our computer chairs, forever discussing and whining and theorising and predicting and speculating to each other... We can do this till they end of time, hoping the terrible PTB that we all hate so much finally disclose the "truth".. which won;t be the truth at all but some other agenda will be at play. Then we can sit around for the next 50 years on ATS talking about how hard done by we all are because TPTB rule the exotic alien technologies and we don't have any say in anything.

Boo Hoo.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just to see what would come of it, I created a thread as an earlier poster suggested as something of a petition asking for disclosure.

Do I think it would work? No. I honestly would pee myself if it did...

But, I think it is interesting to see and to get the view out there.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What Obama Will Say (and Won't Say) in the State of the Union
President Obama's State of the Union speech tonight will touch on a number of issues from terrorism to immigration reform, but the US economy will be at the beating heart of the speech. There are at least four distinct economic issues that he's expected to focus on: the three-year spending freeze, the middle class relief bill (or jobs bill), health care reform, and financial reform.

Here's what I think Obama will say about each of these four topics. Then, to have a little fun, I've amended my pretend-speech-writing to tell you what Obama won't tell America.

Three Year Spending Freeze

Will Say: "The budget oversight of the last ten years, followed by the Great Recession, followed by federal government's swift and successful efforts to end the recession, have put America's finances in a terrible hole. Our current deficit is necessary. But it is also gaping and unsustainable. There are many things we need to do to fix our national balance sheet, but the first step is to tie a belt around federal spending. That's why I'm proposing a three-year freeze on all discretionary spending not directly related to our national security. It is not sufficient to solve our deficit crisis. But it is a necessary and important start. "

Won't Say: Obama knows that everybody is worried about the deficit -- moderates, Republicans, bondholders. We can't do anything non-gimmicky and substantive because Republicans won't raise taxes and Democrats won't cut services. So here's something gimmicky and mostly without substance. We're freezing less than 25% of the budget, which should save $15 billion in a year where the deficit is expected to pass $1.3 trillion.

Middle Class Relief/Jobs Bill

Will Say: "America, I know you are hurting. Unemployment is over 10 percent. If you're a parent, you're struggling to pay your mortgages and save for your children's college. If you're a recent university graduate, you're worried about student loans, and whether this economy will be strong enough in the next few years to help you pay them down. If your career is behind you, and you're thinking about retirement, you've seen this recession wreak havoc on your savings. This administration has worked hard -- and I have worked hard -- to get this economy back on track. Today GDP is growing. But that's not enough. I get it.

"America, I want you to know that I have thinking about your jobs all along. Last year, in my first month in office, Congress passed an $800 billion stimulus package. Almost half of this stimulus is tax cuts. The rest is going to keep teachers in our classrooms, to put construction workers on our bridges, and to keep entrepreneurs in their small businesses. This year I'm going to do more. I'm going to propose a new stimulus that is all families and jobs: tax cuts for small businesses, middle class family tax credits, special help for families with children and families caring for both children and eldery adults. I'm also going to create an infrastructure and green technology fund to channels tens of billions of dollars to create jobs that help America run again -- on high speed rail, and brand new bridges, and wind farms..."

Won't Say: Unemployment crossed ten percent last autumn and what was Congress doing at the time? Debating health care for the 157th (or something) consecutive day. So Americans think Congress forgot about their job hunting. Obama needs to demonstrate that he's been working on jobs all along, not just since the Massachusetts election. But that's hard to do because, well, Congress has only gotten serious about the jobs bill since the Massachusetts election! A lot of leftish economists have been saying for months that Obama needed to move on jobs, and the fact that he's only doing so as an apparent concession looks weak, even if it's good policy.

Health Care Reform

Will Say: "Our health care system is too inefficient, too uncompetitive, and too expensive. More than thirty million Americans lack access to care and millions more face dropped coverage if they get sick. We can change that. The health care bill in the Senate forces insurance companies to play by the rules. It extends health care to thirty million Americans. It punishes lavish plans to encourage your employers to pay you more money in income. It does all this -- and it saves money, up to $70 billion in the next ten years.

"I know there are concerns about the health care bill. There are serious, and they deserve our attention. But doing nothing does not make us better off. Doing nothing threatens millions of families with bankruptcy if somebody gets sick. Doing nothing means throwing up our hands at high costs rather than experimenting with innovative reforms included in this bill. Doing nothing hurts the poorest American without insurance, the average American with tenuous yet expensive care, and the richest American who faces incredible tax increases if we don't get medical spending in order in the next decade. Health care reform is economic reform, at every level."

Won't Say: Obama would do anything to convince Americans that health care reform was economic reform and deficit reform, but at this point the polls don't indicate that anybody is buying the message. Health care reform might be alive, but Massachusetts seems to have killed whatever political points it had to confer on its YEA votes. To many voters, health care reform must appear like a mom forcing Robitussin down her child's throat: I know you hate this but I promise it will make you feel better! The optics are just terrible.

Financial Reform

Will Say: "One year ago, our financial system was on the brink of destruction. We had no choice but to use every last instrument of government to save Wall Street. And we did. Today Wall Street is not only growing, it is thriving, and handing out enormous bonuses that make a mockery of the daily suffering of ordinary Americans who have been tragically affected by the banks' bad bets. Today we have a responsibility to make sure that nothing like this ever happens again.

"My plan is three-fold: First we will make big banks smaller and smarter by taxing their liabilities, separating their risky bets from their customers' money, and encouraging them to diversify their investments. Second we will install a new regulatory regime, with one agency in charge of regulating the nation's largest banks and another in charge of protecting consumers. Third we will handle banks that do fail by setting up a system that winds down their assets in an orderly manner that doesn't require the implosion of the financial sector and the general economy. These reforms will make Wall Street more solvent and Main Street more secure."

Won't Say: "Why didn't I tackle this thing six months ago?!" Financial reform is the antidote to populist rage against government. Years from now, I think that delaying on this golden chance to pick up good will among moderate and populist voters will be seen as one of the administration's biggest mistakes. And anything about aliens.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I predict that Obama will talk about how much "progress" we've made in the economy, use vague euphemisms to describe what hasn't worked and use aphorisms that you cant really disagree with to make the less intelligent and unscrupulous nod in agreement with his plans for the future.

He will likely call on congress to pass a healthcare bill that will 'benefit' all americans and maybe disclose a new stimulus package. Who knows.

All in all nothing new.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nuff said

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy forum, if you dont like the "disclosure imminent" threads your in the wrong place!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join