It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Invasion of Iraq was Illegal: Former Government Lawyer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is some news! Mr. Goldsmith is the second person from the British govt to say that the invasion of Iraq was illegal, after Mr. Wood. So now that we know Tony Blair went into Iraq without the consent of his legal officers, how would he justify his invasion of Iraq in front of the Iraq inquiry?

And imagine that till this thing came out, we were all being fooled by Tony Blair for all these years. So it is clear that Tony Blair invaded Iraq knowing well that this was in international law, illegal, and went there because Bush wanted to invade Iraq.

The invasion of Iraq in 2003 was illegal, a former top British government lawyer told a public inquiry into the war Tuesday, three days before the appearance of ex-prime minister Tony Blair.

"I considered that the use of force against Iraq in March 2003 was contrary to international law," Michael Wood, chief legal advisor to theForeign Office between 1999 and 2006, told the Chilcot inquiry in London.

"In my opinion, that use of force had not been authorised by the Security Council, and had no other legal basis in international law."

Wood said he told ministers of his concerns but was brushed aside, and in the end the government's top lawyer, attorney general Peter Goldsmith, gave the green light for military action.

Source: www.globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 27-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

International law... What’s that? I haven’t seen a Constitution of the United Terrain Empire. I haven’t voted on a Terrain Leader of subsequent members of the Empires Parliament/Congress.

So I imagine then that there is no such thing as international law.

International Law doesn’t exist, In the US the Senate approves any and all treaties; And most of these "Treaties" are worded so they dont have to be approved by the Senate in effect making them Null and Void.

Now I am all for a Untied Terrain Empire, In the form of a Democratic Republic, with a list of Guarantees on rights.

new topics

join