It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama aims to ax moon mission

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
www.orlandosentinel.com...

Ha ha! I knew it! They can't get to the Moon!

Now Obama and NASA are going to make excuses for not going back to the Moon.

Not enough money.
No need to go back.
Blah blah blah.
The sky snake wouldn't take us to the Moon!
The balloon popped!!

Come on now, bring your best material, let me know why I'm deluded and tell me for sure we'll be going to the Moon next year.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

You said it yourself - there's no reason to go back there. We only went when we did because it was a race between the US and Russia.

NASA could use the money on something better than international posturing. This is supposed to be about science, not waving privates at each other.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

No reason?!!
How about to set up a Moon base complete with death ray, like quick, before the next guy does? If we don't go there, then some other country will. Riiiiiiight? I mean it is sooooooo easy to get to the Moon. Israel will be doing it any time now. Or maybe Cuba. We better hurry!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It's not ours to go back to. We weren't welcome the first time anyway.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Good for him! Kind of like he thought it through.

Nasa needs to work on this earth for now. We could gain much more from all the science minds at NASA if they would concentrate on cleaning up the earth and developing actual "clean power".

Walking on the moon is not the answer to any of todays problems.

Space is really neat-o, but this is really not the time for silly spending.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

Why clean up the Earth when we can just hop over to the Moon so easily? I mean we did it in the 60's with a pocket calculator. Didn't we? Get a scuba suit and a parachute, 14 cans of Pringle's and Red Bull, a Sharper Image air filter and let's go!! What is the hold up?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

What?? It's not easy to get to the moon. That's why it cost somewhere between $20 and $25.4 billion in 1969 Dollars, which is about $136 billion in today's money.

And no, no one else is going to build a 'death ray' on the moon, as there is no such thing as a 'death ray', and no nation on Earth has the financial capacity to waste so much money on such a pointless exercise.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Yeah, it is not easy. Especially when spending 600 BILLION annually for military, and flushing donw the drain another HUNDREDS of billions for pointless bailouts.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
When we can afford it we could try a few usefull moon projects.

5) Big ole, way out there Satellite used for a type of space GPS (SPS)

4) Big ole, Space telescope mount

3) Refuling Station

2) Nuclear waste dump

1) Refuge base for the elite when global warfare kicks in (just kiddin)

Wandering around aimlessly in a dune buggy in the moon dust, might not be a good thing right now

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

What?? It's not easy to get to the moon. That's why it cost somewhere between $20 and $25.4 billion in 1969 Dollars, which is about $136 billion in today's money.

And no, no one else is going to build a 'death ray' on the moon, as there is no such thing as a 'death ray', and no nation on Earth has the financial capacity to waste so much money on such a pointless exercise.

Wait a minute. One of the justifications for NASA and the space program was based on some type of Keynesian economic model. For instance, every dollar spent on space research actually returned four dollars of value to the American economy.

By this original reasoning, the more you spend, the more you make! Now to assert that it is too expensive, this seems thin to me.

But then who/what is ET? If we can't go to space because of radiation, how is ET getting here?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Obama aims to ax moon mission

Darn. I was really hoping that NASA would send Obama to the moon.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I guess they made the moon men mad when they bombed the place.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Something else for the American administration to pass on to the Chinese. I know some people see it as a waste of money, but I do believe the Americans shot themselves in the foot when they stopped the moon missions. The Chinese will try and take ownership of the moon if they land a person on it. We need NASA to get of it's backside and get back out there.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

As usual, you have no idea of what you talking about... or worse.

The Moon is the New "ECONOMIC" frontier.

If USA (NASA) will lose this race then will lose the role of world-wide Power.
India, China, Russia and Japan is already running towards the H3.

But this Race to the Moon, means also a New kind of "hidden" knowledge.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Imagir]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Maybe belowZero knows the Chinese and the Russians will be sent packing with their tail between their legs if they go to the moon.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think it is just prompting space missions to go commerical. NASA can focus on Earth and further out projects like Mars.

Like Richard Branson worry about getting people to the moon.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
" Tonight, as we americans stare at the moon, we will bid it goodbye, but not farewell. We have domestic issues to settle forthwith, and funds more needed to help fellow citizens, than to spend it on travel and research on the moon.

Our moon will always be there for us humanity and will never be allowed to be owned by any individual, corporation or nation. The moon is humanity's birthright and is to be shared by all.

Thus, it is only goodbye and not farewell, for one day, when our domestic issues are settled, when no one gets left behind, we will reach once again to colonise, not only the moon but the stars as well."

= President of the US. B, Obama. 2010. ( unofficially )

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir

The Moon is the New "ECONOMIC" frontier.

If USA (NASA) will lose this race then will lose the role of world-wide Power.
India, China, Russia and Japan is already running towards the H3.

But this Race to the Moon, means also a New kind of "hidden" knowledge.

I have become a prophet...
news 27 January 2010
India announces first manned space mission. news.bbc.co.uk...

India's space agency has said it will launch its first manned mission to space in 2016. A senior official of the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) in Bangalore said that two astronauts would take part. "We are preparing for the manned space flight," Isro Chairman K Radhakrishnan told reporters.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think when the LRO was swallowed up, That was the last straw. We are not welcome.
2nd

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm gonna miss the American space program. The Chinese are about to kick our asses... starting in low earth orbit with continued research into satellite killers, moving to moon real estate.

We'll spend the next 20 years playing catch-up as a result of the 4 years this fool is in office.

When the Chinese develop the ability to shoot down GPS satellites, or drop large rocks on our head from orbit, I guess 52 percent can say it was the hope and change they voted for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join