It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian charity rescues girls from trafficking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Australian charity rescues girls from trafficking

www.abc.net.au

A secretive Australia-based charity dedicated to hunting down sex traffickers has had a breakthrough in Cambodia.

The Grey Man organisation says it has rescued a 10-year-old girl and a 14-year-old girl being held in an illegal brothel.

The discovery prompted Cambodian police to arrest two men and it is hoped the intelligence gained will help bust a major international sex trading syndicate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au
www.thegreyman.org

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

The Grey Man organisation is a Brisbane-based charity made up mainly of former SAS soldiers and policemen. Its volunteers are used to dangerous assignments, but their work tracking down South East Asian paedophile rings and freeing young girls can get equally hazardous.

I hadn't heard of The Grey Man organisation before today, so I thought I would share with ATS.

There is a video HERE where you can watch an interview with an SAS soldier who went undercover to infiltrate the trafficking ring in Thailand.

I'm glad to see something is being done about such a horrible trade.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27/1/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It's really disgusting to hear about these things, but it's equally pathetic that people would prey on others for sexual/monetary gratification. It's stories like this that should empower people to make some active steps towards bettering the world with action, not watching.

Well done to the people involved I say.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahrhyce

Agreed.

The right kind of people are involved too, SAS and police, so they can handle themselves in volatile situations. particularly the SAS.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I think it is great news.

Too little, too late is being done for these poor unfortunate girls, many of them little more than children. However, it should not be up to secret or private organisations to do this, although they do a wonderful job, it should be government agencies saving these unfortunate souls.

I say that the should be more official action to free sex slaves and bring the criminals to justice and I do mean justice, not just a slap on the wrist.

Thank you OP for bringing this to light.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

What can anyone do about this,realistically?People who prey on these
children,do so because it is profitable.How can we make this unprofitable?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well, it is about time someone goes into finding abducted people.

Human Trafficking to me is one of the most worst and vile crimes in existence.

The problem is that it is connected to the drug world and that a majority of the time the Government's of various countries are either in on the conspiracy itself, or look the other way because of their connections to the drug world.

Taliban Build Multi-Million Dollar Insurgent Operation, Complicating U.S. Efforts

And the laregest part of it that I see is that through various ways and means World Government itself, looks the other way, not because it is too difficult, but because they want the numbers on the books in order to build a greater demand for selling the R.F.I.D. chip/bio-chip program of tracking us through Verichip and Digital Angel.

Chadwickus, not sure of your thoughts on what I just said, but I am considering doing a thread specifically around Human Trafficking and I would love your help on some research from your side of the world.

A friend of mine recommended I go into the business these men are doing, but I told her I would rather not wind up dead due to Government involvement within the system, and she agreed 100% with my reasoning.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I thought of you when I wrote this thread, I was hoping you would pop in, so thanks for stopping by.

I will help where possible mate, I'll be in the middle of the desert in a week or so for a month, but I'll do what I can.

One thing I notice about the story in the OP is the involvement of the Cambodian police, obviously not every cop will be bad but I think they should exercise caution when dealing with the local law enforcement in places like Cambodia or Thailand, the industry is that big there that the police would no doubt be involved in some way or another.

Big kudos to the guys doing this.

[edit on 27/1/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Well this is a good start I think, infiltrate and take it apart from the inside.
Doing it this way will hopefully make them second guess themselves.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
i watched a docu on these guys last year on ABC (Australia). they do some good work.

Here is there site if your feeling generous

www.thegreyman.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
cool queenslanders !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mod Edit -Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is just awesome. Nice job, I say!

...so, where do I sign up?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
...So people are stoked that two girls out of how many tens of thousands were rescued? Not to discredit or look down upon this noble deed. However, I'd be more impressed if they actually started cracking down on the Eastern Europe and Middle East trade which where the heavy hitters are.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

It's better than just ignoring it like most of the west does isn't it?

Let's hope this is the beginning of more to come and not just a token effort.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'd heard of this organization's actions before, but never knew their name. Good find OP.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Human trafficking is a truly disgusting crime; any involved should face the stiffest of punishments.

I am happy to hear that two young girls have been rescued, I wish though more would be freed. It is not only a foreign country thing the U.S. is heavy with human trafficking as well. You can find sex slaves in most big cities but it is more prevalent toward the west. I suppose because of the easily entered boarders.

It is eerie though that they are called The Grey Man organization. A well known child killer/torturer/cannibal was known by the name The Grey Man, as well as many other names. They even made two movies about him. His name Albert Fish. He was truly a sick and twisted individual.

Raist

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

to make it unprofitable you would have to first legalize prostitution and give the brothels that pass inspection for of age women a tax incentive. then every woman involved is free will.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

How will making prostitution legal help that are the ages as those who are rescued in this story?

Pedophiles will still exist and there will still be a demand for very young girls.

Human trafficking crosses all the ages not only what one would consider legal and ethical age for prostitution.

Raist

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Usually these organisations are part of such trafficking. Never know the motives behind such org. Besides why would anyone goto Australia?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Obviously you've never been here...If you had been here you would know the most dangerous thing here is the people that come off the airplanes.

top topics

join