It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your expectations for the Obama State of the Union Address?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
From health care to jobs, the speech will be certain to pique the interests of a lot of people, myself included. Although I'm tempted to wait for a cut-version to appear on YouTube so I don't have to sit through 20 minutes of clapping, I'll still watch it live. I'm eager to see how Obama will comment on his first year in office, and I want to hear what his plans are for the next year. Even if nothing of value is presented, these speeches are usually entertaining.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
lies??
or well, maybe he will tell the truth, and there can be riots in the streets??

have no idea really....kind of puzzling, he went from wanting to spend a fortune we don't have to suddenly worrying about our fiscal responsibility and talking about budget cuts...oh, and increases in taxes...

I kind of am leaning for the latter being the truth, the previous administration and the first year of this administration I think have kind of made that one inevitable....severe budget cuts, and severe tax increases....

keep in mind they don't really care if you or me can afford the healthcare in this country, that's why not much in benefits for us lowly people would have been realized till 2012....or whatever. na, they wanted the money!! they needed the money!!
now that it looks like they aren't getting their healthcare reform (and hefty tax increases that went with it), well...they might just take the direct route. and just take the money without any pie in the sky empty promises.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
What I hope will be said:

Repealing DADT, on top of that a proposal for nationwide same sex marriage.
Tax increases for individuals who make more than $100,000 ($175,000 for couples)
Tax breaks for those that make less than $20,000($35,000 for couples)
Nationalization of the health care companies.
McCarty-ite trials for Tea Partiers as anarchists and dangers to society.
The regrouping of the electoral college.
Spending cuts on the defense budget.
Reallocating monies to science and social programs.

...that's all I can think of for now. Here's what I think will be said:

Promise of repealing DADT, eventually. (I think I've become sour on this promise)
Urging congress to come together and create reasonable health care reform without the need for filibustering or majority votes.
Cutting some budgets here and adding to others, trying to save money by expanding job creation in certain sectors.
Increasing the 'earned income child tax credit' by almost double the current amount.
Good night and God bless the United States of America.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
DISCLOSURE!!!

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

It would finally put an end to the misery of today and the past, due to the fact that the technology would provide everyone with a fair crack of the whip. I cant see it happening though but heres to hoping

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ever since George Bush went off about steroids in his address, I've become completely disinterested. It's going to be nothing but the lines and the same government line of bull# that we've had to suffer through for the last year (nine years?) Besides, anything interesting is going to be on ATS with a multiple page thread devoted to it within a hour. These threads will have multiple conservatives and liberals bickering at each other with a few grains of truth and insightful comments. So who cares? I'd rather watch hockey.

What I'd like Obama to say is we're ending the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the economy and jobs are our main focus, he's going to tackle the deficit, the repeal of the patriot act, the end of the drug war and legalization of marijuana, the complete overhaul of the educational system, the curtail of the CIA, the complete denouncing of Bush Administration policies and that we're going to Mars. I'd also like Jesus Christ to descend from heaven to do a Budweiser commercial... All of which, I don't think will happen.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
So I got three out of my five predictions.

60% prediction rate, I should get paid for this.

top topics

join