It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are not a Native American, you're an 'Anchor Baby' (the decendent of an illegal alien)!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Unless your parents themselves were not citizens, you aren't an anchor baby.

Anchor babies babies are not anchors anymore. Anchor babies babies babies babies aren't either. They are citizens.

The thread title is saying something much like saying "Unless you heard Jesus speak in person, you aren't a Christian". It makes no sense.

But I guess that doesn't seem to stop pages and pages of discussion on this false premise, so please continue.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

I agree.

This entire thread is little more than pure white-apologist drivel at its 'finest'.

The earliest inhabitants of this hemisphere came in verifiable migratory waves over eons of time . The populations of latter waves either displacing or co-opting the populations of earlier waves. In the time it took to type this emotional rant that could have easily been researched.

Human behavior is simply human behavior and rest assured any 'invading' the white man did was no more or no less complete than what has always occurred throughout human history by all races. Research a few pre-columbian inter-tribal battles. Savagery and conquest are not the exclusive province of the white race. Never has been and never shall be.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Thanks for contributing yet another hate thread on ATS. They serve no real purpose. They solve no real issues and yet they do net flags and stars and send a thrill up the leg of those who live to hate.

Nobody is talking about stopping Immigration. Just making sure we know who we are allowing inside our borders.

I've lost one Family Member to a knife wielding Illegal from Mexico. You will be glad to know he only assaulted 5 women, ending in the abduction and murder of my Sister In-Law. He will be eligible for Parole in 3 more years now and the State he is in does not extradite, so he will be free to enhance the lives of a few more women before he is through.

The Detective told us he will change his name, the other illegals will hide him and they won't see him again until he commits another crime. He will be glad to know people like you are out their to insure he can stay here. You would like his dating methods. He stands on the sidewalk and when a woman he wants walks by, he drags them inside his Motel Room and stabs them so many times the Coroner gave up on counting the wounds.

He was arrested five times for assaulting women. Ironically the same day he murdered my Wife's Sister he was arrested for walking up to a woman on the street and hitting her in the face. Since they could not extradite they let him go and he finished the job on my family member.

Under your plan it would continue to be easy for these men who commit tens of thousands of crimes in the US to come here unchallenged. I'm sure they are thrilled you are out there working for them. I know Mexico is glad to be rid of them. Another bright side to this is your children will be able to experiment with the drugs they bring with them. Isn't that great!

As too your guilt strategy, my family immigrated legally at a later time in our history as did much of the current population of the US. They owned no slaves and killed no natives, nor did they steal any land from anyone.

I'll share your views with my new Ethiopian friend who opened his second business next door to mine a few months ago. He also came here legally and has gone from Taxi Driver to owner of two International Food Stores in a decade. He loves this country, too bad you don't.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I wanted to choose my words wisely,.

But I decided to shut up,

and,

dance,

Yeha-Noha (Wishes of Happiness & Prosperity)

www.youtube.com...

Set your spirits free.

We did not weave the web of life - we are merely a strand in it. Chief Seattle

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
All of this 'Illegal Alien' crap gets on my nerves at times. Too many self-rightous, pompous jack-holes like to hop up on their soapboxes and rant and rave about how the illegal aliens are ruining this country! Well, I happen to agree, but not in the way that you may think. It is the 'White Man' who has ruined this country after stealing it away from those to whom it belonged, the Native Americans. We took this country away from the proud peoples who inhabited it for thousands of years, with nothing but respect for the land, and within just a few hundred years have turned it into a giant garbage heap, while relegating the heavily culled native population to small, crappy 'reservations', which were placed in areas that we didn't want.

On the bright side, since we told them that these 'reservations' were their 'sovern land', they have recently figured out a way to strip us of the one thing that we cherish the most, money. Good for you!!!

So the next time you are whining about the damn 'illegal aliens', I suggest you go look in a mirror, and unless a Native American face is staring back at you, remember that you are the decendant of an 'illegal alien' (none of us were 'invited').

16 Generations maternal, 13 paternal. 345 years my family has been in this country. It may not be thousands per the "Natives" (who themselves are immigrants), but still.

You're just ranting to rant, and it's a really poor one at that.

Ever been to a reservation? What do you think goes on there? What were your impressions? Do you understand the history beyond "oppression from the WHITE MAN"? Tell us.

Basically your rant is saying "Immigrants took the country by force from people who were immigrants". You have thousands of tribes in this land, no cohesive government, no laws regarding outside immigration (because they didn't realize there was an outside to immigrate from?), so how were Europeans illegal?

How is this different than any other pre-modern colonization with any other country? Will you also write a similar response for non-Muslims in muslim lands? Will you notify the British that you feel their occupation of Ireland was a naughty thing? What about South America- they're far more heavily affected than North America. The Spanish didn't bother with reservations- they domesticated or destroyed, and they're rather non-apologetic about it.

Maybe...YES that's it! You could go work for the EZLN! I have a nice balaclava for you, but you'll need to provide your own pipe there subcommadante. You could open up the United States branch! Genius!

Next time you wish to say something you might want to actually look at something other than picture books for reference. Don't seek empathy when you can't show understanding of historical events. Don't place blame on people who probably migrated here after the establishment of the reservations (as most folks I know seem to only be 2nd to 4th generation anyway).

Also: the EZLN have a really nice website. Go look them up- you'll love them.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's funny how this subject makes even the most liberal white person freak most of the strongest denouements against Native American rights comes from both ends of the political spectrum.I guess this proves that when it comes to Native Americans people on both ends of the left/right agree.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
So the next time you are whining about the damn 'illegal aliens', I suggest you go look in a mirror, and unless a Native American face is staring back at you, remember that you are the decendant of an 'illegal alien' (none of us were 'invited').

So you don't think "Native Americans" had competing tribes and "nations"? Just one big happy diverse family across the continent? And tribes never "acquired" territories from each other? And never enslaved each other? Never had wars over lands? Never cooperated with teh White man to get a compettive advantage over each other? No unjust territorial explansions?
Just peaceful staus quo before the White Man arrived?
I am not "justifying" anything.
Just pointing out the naiveness of your argument.

g2

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
actually, you're wrong.

here is why:

you are context switching.

1. there was no nation when the pilgrims settled. There was no government, no law. There was a groups of tribes, nomadic ones, with no codified law. These were tribalists and ruled by customs.

2. There is a nation now, which has a government, not a tribal amalgam of non unified, nomadic indigents. This nation has codified laws, and a formal group called a congress.

You may try to compare tribal councils with modern government, but it is not contextually valid.

Moreover, should you attempt to do so, you have to prove this by finding indian law precedent, that stated or claimed that one had to formally apply for citizenship.

This you cannot do.

Your post, therefore is little more than sophist emotional twaddle, and has no place within serious discussion of political science or logic.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Why does the author of this thread have 30+ flags and 50+ stars? It's common sense, and he hasn't told us anything that anyone above the age of three doesn't know, even if you aren't an american.

I hate when people bring these kind of things up. Yeah, the white man took the land from the native americans. They also took it from many other cultures around the world in the past 500 years, read a history book.

I also hate it when people, much like the author of this thread, go, "White people in america are ALL anchor babies! Theres not such thing as an american!!! because nobody is american except for the natives, but by the way, i'm 1/3 irish, 1/16 english, 4/7 japanese, and 1/258 italian. See, i'm not american even if i live here."

Well, alright einstein, but how far back do you want to trace your ancestory. When I'm asked what nationality are you, I say, "American and English." Because thats where my parents are each from, pittsburgh, pa, usa, and london, england. Sure, with a last name like Schmidt, i've obviously got a german ancestory (actually austrian) but I could bust it up into fractions, or just say African, like every single other human walking around on this planet.

I can't go into political stuff and repubs and democrats, because I try to remain as absolutely ignorant about politics as I can, because I think it's extremely uninteresting. But I've noticed that the people that are hardcore on GOD are the ones who say they dislike the illegal immigrants. They also hate the gays. Religion poisons everything.

In a nutshell, my message to the author of this thread is: No #. Thanks for the refreshment of the 3rd grade lesson.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
A very great thread my friends.....

Being 99% or something Native American with some french somewhere down the line. lol
We never claimed this land as ours. Our ancestors welcomed the settlers and we even befriended them. We always believed the earth belonged to everyone. And I don't think we even had the concept of land ownership like we have today. I am not speaking for everyone but it is the way of nature that the land belongs to everyone no matter who you may be.

I mean sure we might have been treated badly and yeah it could have went better but it's in the past and the only thing we can do is show our respects to our ancestors on both sides. I mean it is a rule of nature that the strong conquer and the those or hopefully those who lead the way into the future are those most capable of doing so.

And yes we did fight and ravage each other in the most absurd ways. But we also had many friendships with other tribes. The point being that all societies/cultures/nations will always and always have commanded and conquered. The natives knew this... So it was nothing new to them. But it wasn't the conquering of their land that hurt them the most it was the way they were treated. But that is the ugliness of war...

So no one should feel or be guilty. It was never about what land you lived on or where you were or are from, everyone is a bother and sister so treat them like one. And the land isn't the import part of being human. It is what's inside that will make the out side like the in. In other words it's not the land we inherit or where we are from that we should cherish it has always been and always will be what's inside of us that matters most and that's what our world will then manifest into.

It is not my land or my ancestors land but it is and always will be our land.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by Key2life]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
reply to post by JPhish

became americans? i think you are the one who is missing the whole point of the OP. and that is ... you stole the land you are all living on now. you bullied your way onto it, you conned your way onto it and you probably fought and murdered your way onto it.

however you got america ... don't make out you did it in a reasonable fashion..

i didnt do anything like that. you obviously dont know me. and yes i am an american.

their family should have come over when the rest of them did. and did it the legal way. at the time of the major rush, they were letting everyone in because we needed those people.

we dont need them now, and if you dont do it the legal way, then get out.

follow the rules, and i cant believe spocks logic is so flawed. truly regrettable on my part for even reading this.

im sure im some indian village burner now even tho im 25 and my family came from ireland and poland to escape their problems there. yea they immigrated, but not illegally that much is for damn sure.

get your facts, and stop trying to ruin the country more.

g2

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
this is because it is an emotional, rhetorical argument, with no logical underpinnings or proof.

in days past, this wouldn't get a passing grade in a secondary school. today, muddles of uneducated types sputter and foam about how wonderful it is. they don't know any better. much of this is a failure of education, and a complacency to not learn the basic tenets of logic.

it is NOT a coincidence that classical reasoning and basic logic is not taught in schools, but a hodgepodge of worthless idiocy is. what could make for a populace more easily swayed by puerile rhetoric of corrupt leaders and controllers than a nation of indoctrinated intellectual cripples?

the process of true illumination is one of intellect, personality and spirit. it is a process of self selection. you will be helped, if you ask, but it is you alone who must turn the key in the ignition of your being to start the process.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Key2life
A very great thread my friends.....

Being 99% or something Native American with some french somewhere down the line. lol
We never claimed this land as ours. Our ancestors welcomed the settlers and we even befriended them. We always believed the earth belonged to everyone. And I don't think we even had the concept of land ownership like we have today. I am not speaking for everyone but it is the way of nature that the land belongs to everyone no matter who you may be.

I mean sure we might have been treated badly and yeah it could have went better but it's in the past and the only thing we can do is show our respects to our ancestors on both sides. I mean it is a rule of nature that the strong conquer and the those or hopefully those who lead the way into the future are those most capable of doing so.

So no one should feel or be guilty. It was never about what land you lived on or where you were or are from, everyone is a bother and sister so treat them like one. And the land isn't the import part of being human. It is what's inside that will make the out side like the in. In other words it's not the land we inherit or where we are from that we should cherish it has always been and always will be what's inside of us that matters most and that's what our world will then manifest into.

It is not my land or my ancestors land but it is and always will be our land.

i feel bad for what happened to your people, yet i had nothing to do with it.

it seems such a nice thought to believe that we are of the land and it doesnt mean anything. BUTnatives also didnt have 300 million of you with infrastructure and systems dependant on tax incomes or wages to survive.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hi friends!

The first thing that I wanna know .... Who changed the label????

Before Pilgrims NOW Illegal Immigrants, why we can't change the way we refer to the same kind of people.

The second thing that I wanna know .... How come you can't share your turkey????

Native Americans gave you food and land but you wanna give hate, making people suffer, lets call a Pilgrim to dinner or share the good values that you have they would love to learn it.

g2

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
the context of a sparsely populated, indigineous tribal societies versus an established nation with laws and processes designed to facilitate immigration are entirely different.

this is why the argument is completely false.

if anyone cares to attempt to validate the argument that both contexts are the same, they cannot do it.

A is A.

A cannot be other than A.

A thing is itself.

This is basic aristotelian classical reasoning. An apple tree will never be an orange tree no matter how many drooling idiots attempt by mob consensus to deem it to be so.

Thats the way it is, and no amount of caterwauling and impotent rage will change the basic laws of identification and the primacy of existence.

the antipode is the subjectivist drivel that has turned men into animals, that is, the primacy of consciousness....that being that if I think it to be so, then it is thus.

Hence, you often see many people begin statements with the phrase "I feel...." This is a subjectivist. They don't know it, but thats the philosophy they are using.

Feelings are not tools of reason or cognition. They cannot tell you what to do, beyond an animal level of fight or flight. They cannot tell you where to build your house, how to build it, or how to operate so much as a tweezers.

Nonetheless, man has been reduced to a brain stem operating animal, who now believes that his feelings somehow have the ability to not reflect reality, but to shape and command it.

This will never be so.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Its sad that most people resort to distortions and group bias.

The immigrant side will scream Racism at any chance they get.

And "my" side supposedly screams that minorities are ruining the country.

What you guys fail to understand that, we are talking about people in this country Illegally, as in not in the system. They reap the benefits of tax funded programs, while not paying into. Americans stands for every race and color in the world. And as long as you are in this country legally, then you are an american. The truth is, the illegal immigrants are taking advantage of our system and HELPING to collapse it. Whats the point of trying to take care of more people when we can take care of the people we already have.

The people who want to control this planet, want us to fight amongst ourselves, and forget the people who set up this melting pot. We should be looking to solve this dilemna by working together, intelligently.
Obviously the end goal is for all of us to learn to live together on this one planet. But the reality is, right now we are not ready for that, and there are still malevolent people out there working for their own version of a one world society.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
Its sad that most people resort to distortions and group bias.

The immigrant side will scream Racism at any chance they get.

And "my" side supposedly screams that minorities are ruining the country.

What you guys fail to understand that, we are talking about people in this country Illegally, as in not in the system. They reap the benefits of tax funded programs, while not paying into. Americans stands for every race and color in the world. And as long as you are in this country legally, then you are an american. The truth is, the illegal immigrants are taking advantage of our system and HELPING to collapse it. Whats the point of trying to take care of more people when we can take care of the people we already have.

The people who want to control this planet, want us to fight amongst ourselves, and forget the people who set up this melting pot. We should be looking to solve this dilemna by working together, intelligently.
Obviously the end goal is for all of us to learn to live together on this one planet. But the reality is, right now we are not ready for that, and there are still malevolent people out there working for their own version of a one world society.

Things that you must know friend!

NOT ALL Americans pay TAXES They DO love making cash!!!

I saw many many citizens and companies that love cash and they DO cheat theirs taxes, and many places they love to steal from the "illegal Immigrants" taxes too before the government.

you wanna start from the main street or from the TOP ????

this place is turning hell because of the nosense hate as in the past...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

"self-rightous, pompous jack-holes like to hop up on their soapboxes and rant and rave"

Ummm, what exactly do you think your post was? A thought-provoking, stimulating conversation starter? No. You ranted and raved and posted another "whites should hate themselves and pay reparations to everyone they've ever harmed" thread.

Do you honestly think what you posted is going to change ANYONE's way of living or thinking? You could have just as easily posted "the white man effed up and you should be sorry" and that would have been the ENTIRE argument.

It's out of control there are 50-some-odd flags and countless stars on a thread like this.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lovebrothers

Who is that directed to? My long dead ancestors? Because they can't hear you and none of us were involved in what they did.

I'm not saying Native Americans should be shunned or thrown by the wayside, far from it. But you can't just keep finger pointing and going on about the wrongdoings of hundreds of years ago.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
We are a sovereign country with laws.

Some of these laws dictate the way in which you can legally immigrate to this country.

If you do not abide by these immigration laws and decide to immigrate to this country anyway you are considered an "illegal Immigrant", which is a federal crime.

Upon doing so their first act upon entering this country is to commit several federal crimes.

So its obvious they have little to no respect for our legal system yet many believe they should just be given a free pass.

There are many people much more deserving and willing to follow the laws and immigrate legally.

These are the people who believe in the american dream and should be rewarded.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join