It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Live - We Sleep

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Brown
This movie once held the record for the longest fight scene, an alley brawl where Roddy Rod Piper beats the crap out of his new friend to get him to wear the sunglasses and help him out. If only our problems were so easy!

that has always been one of my favorite fight scenes! they just beat the crap out of each other old school style just so piper's buddy will put on the sunglasses! great stuff lol
maybe something of an allegory there?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pan7her

The Magic Muslim is going to give us his "State of the DisUnion" Speech this evening ... they live ... They Live "The Antichrist" and his minions are going to tell us how good it feels. No KY!

Pretty good definate maybes, and Promises of future Performance. Got your "3D glasses" on? You wouldn't want the rotating airfoil to get the Government Excrimate in your eyes ... they live ... they live. Want to buy some slightly used bubble gum?

This will only last for a short while. Wait till Jesus returns. We are in the last of the last days. All that stuff in the Bible that you ignored is TRUE! Have you accepted Jesus as your savior? Read Revalations ... sizzle sizzle, pop pop, sizzle pop.

Just Think! YOUR imortal soul BURNING FOREVER in a Lake of Flaming Sulphur, No AirConditioning, No Water Cooler. 400 degrees F, talk about sweating it off, no pain on gain ... sizzle sizzle, pop pop, sizzle pop. Want to buy some slightly used bubble gum?

2nd line ... if you can read this it is probably too late 4 U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I did not know about this movie. I watched all three parts of it, but all it leaves me with is this question ...

What do you do when you are awake? I feel I am awoken. Though the movie is new to me, the things it shows aren't. But how do you go from there? Right now, I feel like there isn't anything I can do. I hardly watch any television anymore, but aside from that, I still have to go out there and live my miserable life every miserable day again in that horrible world.

The truth hurts bad. And if I could've had the illusion of being happy living in ignorance, I'd rather pick that than be this miserable powerless truth-seeking slave that I am now. It's not like you have a choice though. Once you start to see things the way they really are, you can't go back. You see it everywhere, don't you? And each day it gets more obvious than the last.

If anyway could give me any clues to go from here ... please, do. I'll definitely try and get my hands on the full video. Thank you OP.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
haha i saw this movie the other week for the first time.

absolutely amazing!

i loved the 20 minute fight scene to get his buddy to try on the glasses and at the end when the nasty face guy said, "HEY! WHATS THE MATTER BABBYYYYY??"

hahahahaa

so good.

those identity theft commercials with the goons stealing peoples faces.... that guy is wearing his roddy piper glasses

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wuwei
Thanks for posting this. I did not know about this movie. I watched all three parts of it, but all it leaves me with is this question ...

What do you do when you are awake? I feel I am awoken. Though the movie is new to me, the things it shows aren't. But how do you go from there? Right now, I feel like there isn't anything I can do. I hardly watch any television anymore, but aside from that, I still have to go out there and live my miserable life every miserable day again in that horrible world.

The truth hurts bad. And if I could've had the illusion of being happy living in ignorance, I'd rather pick that than be this miserable powerless truth-seeking slave that I am now. It's not like you have a choice though. Once you start to see things the way they really are, you can't go back. You see it everywhere, don't you? And each day it gets more obvious than the last.

If anyway could give me any clues to go from here ... please, do. I'll definitely try and get my hands on the full video. Thank you OP.

if you are roddy piper then you go to the moon and shoot everyone

watch the rest of it!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Whats the song playing in the background of the clip? Its a good song.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wuwei

I can't really be sympathetic - GET A LIFE! Either go back to sleep or make the most of what you have - wake up, have a shower, have a s***, have regular meals, get out with your friends, drink more alcohol and have more sex. That's as good as it's gonna get. You can't really take any messages from a Roddy Piper movie - he was already ex-WWF and trying to earn a buck out of feature films when this was made. If you really want to check out some thought provoking sci-fi then try "The Arrival" and "Mission to Mars" - there are some superb special fx in both.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dww25

Thanks for your reply. I wouldn't need your sympathy, even if you offered it though. As for "that's as good as it's going to get", that's obviously true for you. I won't settle for that though, I want something else, something more, something better. I hope you can understand and respect that, if not, it doesn't really bother me.

I'll also decide for my own where and from whom I'll take any messages. I don't usually look at the messenger but the message, and I won't change that approach here. I don't know nor care who Roddie Piper is. But what I've seen from those clips rings true to me, so that's good enough for me.

Thank you for your movie suggestions, I'll check them out and again, decide for myself it they are thought provoking.

edit: spelling

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Wuwei]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rbaker20

a perfect circle - counting bodies like sheep

[edit on 27-1-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice the Edgar Cayce book on the book spinner over his shoulder while he is flipping through the magazines?!?!?! The book is titled "Edgar Cayce on ESP". The magazines were all hype and crap, but the book wasn't!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I remember that movie well. It didn't seem that scary then. But it sure takes on a lot of symbolism today. It probably had a lot more meaning then, but I was too dumb to see what is behind the meaning of current events.

I don't know if I'm becoming enlightened, paranoid, or insane. I’ve been browsing this site and sites like it and watching and reading news from independent news sites that are not controlled by corporations. And what I’m discovering is frightening at the very least. I don’t believe anything at face value and I research some of the outlandish things I read. What is frightening is that many things are true.

Would someone at this site please assure me that I’m not going insane? Go ahead, I don’t mind if you lie to me!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pittsburgher

no the sheep are the ones that are insane the ones who believe everything the shepherd allows them to know!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Nothing to see here.
Move along.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b082a97d915b.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff0b4d40f152.gif[/atsimg]

What more can I say other than that one is just deliriously funny, you just dont give in or give up do you Slayer?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by rbaker20

a perfect circle - counting bodies like sheep

[edit on 27-1-2010 by metalholic]

I got that song stuck in my head on my home today thinking about the SOTU speech. First time I thought of that song for over a year now.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Did anyone else notice the Edgar Cayce book on the book spinner over his shoulder while he is flipping through the magazines?!?!?! The book is titled "Edgar Cayce on ESP". The magazines were all hype and crap, but the book wasn't!

Also when the preacher was talking about recruiting the rich and powerful BofA was behind him.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Awesomeness! Someone suggested this movie to me last week and im glad i got to it. Watched it twice already. I got the new contact lenses on and my bubble gum at home so i can kick some ass.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Put on your "Hoffman Lenses" (Albert Hoffman discovered '___')...

Are the aliens in The Live intergalactic travelers who have mastered the use of high technology so that they can stand around in suites acting superior to everyone on this little blue marble? To what end? Remember that "the Strangers" from Dark City used human corpses as hosts so they can study people and learn what it is to be human and have a soul. Ra from Stargate? Same story.

Anyone else here a big fan of Ghost Busters? The movie's name is written as one word usually, but when the film starts it's written as two words with the O in Ghost appearing over the T in Busters forming an ankh (similar to this image). A possible coincidence noted by IMDB says that the name "Zuul" corresponds to "Zuhld," which was the alien George Adamski claimed to have met in his 1955 book "Inside the Space Ships." Also, apparently the proton packs and guns which contained the ghosts so they could be trapped were originally supposed to be magic wands. And lastly, one of the props used by the character Egon is his PKE-meter which detects the presence of ghosts (PsychoKinetic Energy).

Annnnnyways, that PKE-meter shows up in They Live which came out 4 years after Ghostbusters. The re-use of movie props aside (I do like noticing these things!), I find it's use in They Live quite suggestive. The aliens in They Live are called "ghouls" in the credits. Their secret bases are juuust underground as seen when the two protagonists drop through the portal opened by the watch. And as for the ghouls themselves, ("evil demons/grave robbers" per dictionary.com) they use Egon's PKE-meter as a communication device. This is seen when the heroes arrive underground and sneak past two ghoul guards listening to a PKE-meter like a radio. Decayed looking humanoids called ghouls who live 6-feet under and communicate using a ghost-hunting device seem less like any "aliens" I've ever heard about and more like the spirits of the dead, demons, or what have you.

(I'm not suggesting that filmmakers are putting out this information intentionally, because any artist can attest to the presence of a muse and a mysterious force driving them to tell a certain story a certain way.)

If consciousness can exist outside of the body, then a sufficiently advanced civilization should eventually figure out how to do it on demand, probably using technology to aid them. That would make the time and money spent building "thousand ton beryllium ships" to slowly traverse the galaxy a complete waste of resources. Once an alien race reached that stage, they would realize that a few decades spent on astral travel research is a better avenue to visit the stars. This being the case, maybe it's not so unlikely that modern visitors from outside the solar system (or from the Hollow Earth?) would be seen as "ghosts" or "faeries" or "ghouls" to us; possibly even using dead bodies in a Men In Black/Grinning Man type event. Anyone visiting from Mars would still probably use ships so they can have the facilities to probe people, or whatever..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join