It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be how the nwo puts foreign troops on our streets?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
With our economy as a whole in serious trouble and not looking better any time soon, is this how the nwo puts foreign troops on our streets? Right now there are 26 states (and climbing) in serious financial trouble or just plain broke!

Obama has our troops in Haiti, Afghanistan, and Iraq, and them coming home looks less and less likely to happen soon either. With the nwo bankrupting america at a very rapid pace, and our economy preparing to crash at any single moment, is it too far fetched to say that by bankrupting our cities and states one at a time will usher in martial law and the need for more troops to help police our nation?

Take a look at the article below and draw your own conclusions people, but it looks like to me that what's going to happen is exactly what a lot of us here at ATS have been saying for a long time now! It's starting to come full circle now!

Mish

The city of Pewaukee, Wisconsin voted to do the same towards the end of 2009. As of the new year, the department was eliminated. Police protection is now handled by the Waukesha country sheriff's department where the majority of the old officers now work. Of course, the union is suing to reverse the vote of the people.
Please consider Waukesha Sheriff Takes Over in Pewaukee

The sign at the city hall building still reads the City of Pewaukee Police department but Friday there was a new sheriff in town...quite literally.

"11 pm on December 31st Waukesha County took over," said Lt. Neil Dussault with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department. But Dussault says if you weren't paying attention in Pewaukee, you may not have known about the take over.

The squad cars, at least for now, still read Pewaukee Police, but driving them are deputies dressed in their brown uniforms with new Pewaukee arm patches.

The city voted in November to close the police department and then contract with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department. Officials claim it will save the city around $1 million. 26 officers lost their jobs with Waukesha County hiring 16 of them.

The union filed a lawsuit to reverse the takeover and union attorney Jim Palmer believes there is a real chance a judge could rule in the union's favor in the coming months. "We wouldn't be doing this if there wasn't a real chance," said Palmer.

Either way, the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department says it is working hard to change the people's minds.

"Detectives and officers will be meeting with businesses depending on service calls to see what their needs are, if they want anything special," said Dussault.
Where Else?

This got me wondering where else is this happening?

In growing voter anger over rising taxes and high union costs, numerous small towns are voting to disband their city police departments and contract with the sheriffs department instead.

Jan 09, 2008 Gaston South Carolina

Gaston Police Department disbanded

If you called the Gaston Police Department Wednesday you heard a strange message. "Yeah, this is Chief Crider Gaston Police Department. Do not leave any messages. As of right now council has disbanded the police department. We are laid off until further notice. Do not leave a message. They won't be checked for the next couple of weeks. Thank you, it's been fun working here. Bye."

The entire force shut down because Gaston doesn't have the money to pay the officers.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by thewind]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Local police would also be loyal to the local populace. They would also be in a position to alert people (families and friends most likely) if martial law were to be coming down. In response to your question then, yes, this would make a lot of sense. Our troops overseas, local police deots disbanded, national guard answering to some new governors panel or the president, who is left to protect America? Mercenaries and Blue helmets of course. I'm sure China would volunteer several million troops to ensure their great American investment doesn't get spoiled by rioting or anything.
I've been waiting 30 years and it stilll hasnt happened yet. Maybe I'm crazy, but then again it IS a possiblilty.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Pewaukee has a population of around 15000.

Many cities around here have no police dept. and rely solely on the sheriff and state troopers.

Around where I live, we have no police dept, but there are plenty of sheriffs and trooppers.

There is also a state university with it's own police dept., though small.

The "campus cops" provide back-up for the sheriff, should they need it, and the sheriffs back-up the campus cops.

It all seems to work out, beside, how many cops do we really need?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well that being in Wisconsin I will have to comment.

Let me see, I can leave my house unlocked all day and leave my car unlocked.

Next, thefts in all the years I have been here, once I got all my tools ripped off the back of my work truck. The ones they could not open were cut off.

Once someone tried breaking into an apartment I had. That did not end well for him.

Now, in none of these circumstances did it help calling the police.

Okay, now for tickets. Let me just say in my younger years it cost me over 5k in all of the different tickets and other violations.

Tell you what, I hope all the statute enforcers go out of business. If crime picks up a few placed rounds will take care of that right quick.

When I say I want small government, I mean I want small government.

The minimum necessary.

Do you like the quantity of your taxes at 50-75% of what you make? No?

Well then sooner or later you will have to do without something they provide.

Or do you people want all of the control on your lives.

Freedom! It is scary, but you will learn to love that you do not have to worry about breaking one of 600,000 statutes.

Just do not hurt someone else or infringe on their rights. How does that sound to you?

Also, local police is your county sherrif. They just eliminated city and instituted county. I live in the county seat. So I have both sheriff and city. So does this town, they will only see the sheriff now though.

Cut backs on cops is a godsend to those in that city. They will have less taxes to pay-fines and traffic tickets. I bet if you asked citizens, a lot of them will be happy.

You do not like traffic fines do you? Hear about Chicago, they sold the parking meters to a foreign corporation. Which then raised parking prices from 50 cents an hour to $5/hr.

Yeah, big government is our friend. Not.

[edit on 1/26/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

$5.00/ hr to park in Chicago now?
I thought $.50 was nuts when I lived down there.
I hadn't heard about that.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Didn't Bush create something with the DOD and the Pentagon in 2008 that would put 20,000 troops in the US to work with and/or lead the police by 2011? I seem to remember a thread for that on here, along with guys like Bernanke saying 2010 would be the year when we'd be a NAU in all but name.

Now we got this 10 governor panel that would have governors with unlimited terms. So, what happens when a governor's term is up on their state, they can still serve the federal panel and give orders to the states?

Feels like the beginning of Revenge of the Sith.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
A Sheriff is a duly elected official directly accountable to the people and bound by Constitution. Local police departments are not run by duly elected officials but are run by Chiefs of police who appointed by the mayor or other such official, and are comfortably removed from many Constitutional restraints. Police departments are administrative agencies that operate under the rules and procedures of administrative agencies which is a text all people should read. While any Sheriff or Deputy Sheriff can act in criminal and unconstitutional ways, it is far less likely than it is with police officers. Every city, town and village or hamlet would be well advised to do away with law enforcement agencies that are not run by a duly elected official directly accountable to the people.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

All I can say is you must live up north you lucky basta*d I live outside Milwaukee and if I was to leave my car unlocked I would not have a car anymore. And I also want to thank you for all your good work on ATS it has not gone unnoticed you are a true patriot.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Subjective Truth]

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Yes, not all the way north but up here quite a bit.

Yeah, I was in Fresno with a very good job up until Sept 08.

That place was getting downright scary and with all the checkpoints and stuff like it, I had to leave.

Thanks ST.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Yeah, here is one of the stories on it-

Chicago sells rights to city parking meters for $1.2 billion

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Right now there are 26 states (and climbing) in serious financial trouble or just plain broke!

Nonsense. They want you to believe that they are broke, so that they can tax you even more than they already do.

The fact is, most state and local governments are awash in tax revenue. They just overspend beyond their revenue base, then whine to the press that they are broke.

You need to study CAFR - Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports. Google California's CAFR. You'll see that in 2008 alone they brought in some $197 Billion in Revenue (that's right, $197 billion with a capital "B"). Between all the taxes they collect - according to the report they collected $109 Billion in taxes alone - fees, "charges for services", etc., the state of California is far from being broke.

The problem is that they bring in $197 Billion, then the idiot politicians spend $210 Billion, and then complain that they have a budget "deficit". Deficit my arse. Why not spend only $195 Billion, and live within your budget?

My grandfather used to say, "Just be glad you don't get all the government you pay for." Once you study the CAFR, and look at the different CAFR's for different states, you will soon realize that it's not a tax revenue problem, it's a spending problem. Our government - local, state, and national - spend like a bunch of drunken sailors. That's the real, fundamental issue.

We don't need more taxes. We need less spending. The personal interest stories in the media about cuts in police, education, etc. is a joke. It's just a diversion from the massive waste and fraud in government spending. The money is clearly there - It's just wasted and spent frivolously.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thewind

Hi, OP. Yep, for sure this could be part of how the NWO will put foreign troops on U.S. soil. I recall listening to CoasttoCoastAM, in the way back time of 2001 or maybe it was 2002. I don't recall the guest on the show, but he said the U.S. sending military to Iraq and Afghanistan was just the beginning of the movement of our U.S. military out of the country, so that when the time came, the U.S. would not have enough military forces remaining to protect the country, so eventually other countries military would be moved in to police our streets and communities.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

I saw a video of a citizen asking, at a government meeting, if he would be allowed to get a copy of the state CAFR. The politician said of course. The guy made a video of that and then went in to the politician's office and asked where he could a copy of it, he was told he would have to file a FOIA form. He did that. The following year, still waiting for the CAFR, the guy asked again at another meeting to get a copy of the state CAFR. He said of course he could get a copy of it. The citizen called him a liar and a ******* scum politician.

He told the audience he had been trying for a year to get the reports and had been run in circles at every point. I saw this on YouTube. The guy had dates on all the video clips and you could tell he was at wits end. I wish I would have saved that one.

We do not even know how much our government brings in. I have looked for the CAFR for the Federal Government. I have never been able to find one. When you look at the budgetary numbers they only show the income through income taxes. There are 1000's of revenue streams for the US government.

Where does all that money go?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Of course.......and they have been practicing this since Katrina...*maybe even before ....remember that for the very first time the Mexican Army came to the US to help with that Hurricaine .....

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09
You need to study CAFR - Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports. Google California's CAFR. You'll see that in 2008 alone they brought in some $197 Billion in Revenue (that's right, $197 billion with a capital "B"). Between all the taxes they collect - according to the report they collected $109 Billion in taxes alone - fees, "charges for services", etc., the state of California is far from being broke.

The problem is that they bring in $197 Billion, then the idiot politicians spend $210 Billion, and then complain that they have a budget "deficit". Deficit my arse. Why not spend only $195 Billion, and live within your budget?

While these are high numbers, you think most of it goes into personal projects of the politicians? Because of course CA has LA- a big gangland with ties to criminals and syndicates all over the world, and thus a need for a lot of police. One year may be higher than another in terms of crime rate, right?

I ask because I know the other 13 billion would probably come from the feds and/or private sector, thereby getting the states in deeper with the power the Federal Reserve seeks. What would you suggest to stop it, or at least cut it down- make thefeds stop loaning money to overbudgeted states?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Darky5K

If all the dubious prohibition laws on drugs were repealed this would effectively place that product, quite clearly in demand, in the free and open market instead of on the black market as it is now. By doing so, a huge portion of crime syndicates revenue would evaporate with the stroke of a pen and greatly reduce the numbers of criminals in the whole country, not just Los Angeles. It would also greatly reduce the "need" for so many law enforcement officers and heavy taxation to fund them and this ill advised "war on drugs".

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Hi, OP. Yep, for sure this could be part of how the NWO will put foreign troops on U.S. soil. I recall listening to CoasttoCoastAM, in the way back time of 2001 or maybe it was 2002. I don't recall the guest on the show, but he said the U.S. sending military to Iraq and Afghanistan was just the beginning of the movement of our U.S. military out of the country, so that when the time came, the U.S. would not have enough military forces remaining to protect the country, so eventually other countries military would be moved in to police our streets and communities.

I remember something similar, where someone talked about the UN troops and others walking around with guns on a military base when Americans weren't allowed? I'm reading on CBS that the American Police Force Corporation has even taken over small town police departments. Like OCP in Robocop:

www.cbsnews.com...

I also seem to recall Cuppett sayinghow Project Harmony and Partnership for Peace was sending police overseas and leaving it open.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
If all the dubious prohibition laws on drugs were repealed this would effectively place that product, quite clearly in demand, in the free and open market instead of on the black market as it is now. By doing so, a huge portion of crime syndicates revenue would evaporate with the stroke of a pen and greatly reduce the numbers of criminals in the whole country, not just Los Angeles. It would also greatly reduce the "need" for so many law enforcement officers and heavy taxation to fund them and this ill advised "war on drugs".

You could do that, yes, but then you also have to think about the pirates and bootleggers anyway. You got mobsters selling tobacco and alcohol that 'fell off the back of a truck'.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well, there is no stopping it. Government spending appears to know no bounds. However, there is so much waste, it would be relatively easy to clean up. Turn off the spending spigot.

Once politicians realize the vast amount of literally unlimited funds that are coming through the door, they decide that they can skim from these funds for their own pet projects, none of which have anything to do with the welfare of the public.

When they overspend, they make headlines about record deficits.

Where does the money go? Great question. We can guess where some of it goes - Police, fire, roads, schools, etc. But a lot of it is misspent, and misappropriated. Wasted, or just outright stolen. There is very little accountability or transparency.

With the advent of the web, however, CAFR's are readily available. You can Google the term CAFR + the state you reside, and usually find a copy to review.

I don't believe for a moment that the government has issues with raising money. Think about it. Take sales tax - 6-7% or more of every single purchase you make goes right to the state government coffers. EVERY single purchase. You buy a gallon of gas, 6 cents of every dollar goes to the state government. Nice return on your money!

Then you've got property taxes. A typical $250,000 house can run you $4-5,000 per year easy for property taxes. Then you have fees - licensing fees, fishing fees, park fees, etc. It all adds up to a monstrous sum of money.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Darky5K

There will always be a black market but the tobacco mobsters you refer to are a very small percentage when compared to the syndicate involved in black marketeering of prohibited drugs. Most people who smoke cigarettes buy those cigarettes on the free and open market, even now at a time where excessive taxation on them encourages black market sales.

In terms of justifying large numbers of police by pointing to prohibition laws that do little to prevent drug use and much to create industries such as police states, the pirates and black marketeers you describe would a welcome change.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join