It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reward for Citizens Arrest of Tony Blair for War Crimes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
A web site has been set up to encourage and reward people to have a go at making a Citizens Arrest of Tony Blair for War Crimes.

The organisers have set up a fund which anyone can contribute to through PayPal and the money will be given to those who have a go at Blair.

There is also a Facebook Site set up for supporters to join.

A great idea methinks

Be interesting if it takes off.

If the money grows then all sorts of folk might start having a go.... Bounty Hunters so to speak.

I wonder how long before PayPal drops the account ?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
unless he is actually wanted by authorities, would that not be false imprisonment? I'm all for arresting and prosecuting war criminals, but someone needs to bring up charges first. If they do, I will certainly jump in on the bounty hunt. But as it stands right now, I'll sit back at watch some moron go down for this one

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm no lawyer so I don't know what the legalities are, but the web site explains how they see it.

IMO it would take a brave person to run up to Mr Blair and start shouting about this stuff .... most likely get gunned down by security.

We shall see.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a citizens arrest

If you tried it that would probably be kidnapping or wrongful detention. - Still wouldn't mind seeing someone try!

oh hang on..

The law provides general powers that allow any person to make a citizen's arrest under certain circumstances - including if they witness an arrestable offence. However, there are many legal issues which make it a complex matter with many grey areas.

Can anyone make a citizen's arrest?

But I still doubt you could legally feel Blairs coller

[edit on 26/1/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
unless he is actually wanted by authorities, would that not be false imprisonment? I'm all for arresting and prosecuting war criminals, but someone needs to bring up charges first. If they do, I will certainly jump in on the bounty hunt. But as it stands right now, I'll sit back at watch some moron go down for this one

In general the only arrest power police have that citizens don't: the police can arrest for felonies based on probable cause.. ie not committed in their presence.

Citizens arrests laws vary, but in Calif (837PC) it is a felony for a peace officer to refuse a citizens arrest... AND once that person has been placed under citizens arrest, necessary force can be used to take the person into custody.

If anyone got close enough to bush / blair to actually place them under citizens arrest and had a detailed intelligent case ready to present for the DDA.. the drama and legal conundrum would be great TV fodder, but the oligarchs would walk away laughing and the poor sap who did it wouldn't be around long enough to enjoy any reward money.. heart attack while hanging themselves in restroom of the airplane that crashed type of thing...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This is absolutely hilarious.

Apparently, I should stock up on popcorn...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
When I saw this last night there was £8000 in the kitty and 400 facebook members .... this morning is up to £9000 and 562 members.

So it is growing

Blair appears before the Chilcot Enquiry on Friday, a great opportunity for somebody to become famous, although security will be tighter than a ducks back passage.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Then they would have to arrest the officers protecting him as well.
I say we do this with all the rotton politicians.
Anyone caught doing security for this man will be punished for aiding and embedding.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
A shame, under all definitions and legal standing, Blair did not commit war crimes. Someone needs to understand international law before creating silly internet campaigns...

And the war itself was not illegal - the occupation was. Many legal conflicts, such as Kosovo, did not have UN authority. Falklands conflict did not see the Argentinian generals arrested for war crimes.

International Criminal Court is a toothless tiger, with no real authority (majority of countries are not signed up to it) In other words, you try to perform a citizen arrest on Blair [who is currently a diplomatic envoy to the Middle East (has diplomatic immunity btw)] - you'll face an arrest under anti-terrorism law.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
As anticipated PayPal have stopped accepting donations. They claim it is encouraging people to break the law ... how ironic

Suits me cos I hate PayPal anyway.

Site are looking for new ways to accept money.

Numbers well up from earlier today

[edit on 27-1-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

In general the only arrest power police have that citizens don't: the police can arrest for felonies based on probable cause.. ie not committed in their presence.

Citizens arrests laws vary, but in Calif (837PC) it is a felony for a peace officer to refuse a citizens arrest... AND once that person has been placed under citizens arrest, necessary force can be used to take the person into custody.

If anyone got close enough to bush / blair to actually place them under citizens arrest and had a detailed intelligent case ready to present for the DDA.. the drama and legal conundrum would be great TV fodder, but the oligarchs would walk away laughing and the poor sap who did it wouldn't be around long enough to enjoy any reward money.. heart attack while hanging themselves in restroom of the airplane that crashed type of thing...

You can't just go around making citizens arrests, unless the person is wanted by the authorities OR if you witness the individual commit a crime.

What would you arrest Blair or Bush on? Do you know of, or did you witness, something that the rest of the world didn't? Point being...some of us may be under the impression that these guys committed war crimes, but apparently they didn't...or else they would have been charged.

If you attempt to do a citizens arrest, and were successful at detaining Bush/Blair, then you are without doubt going to be the criminal in that "arrest", as it would be unwarranted and would be considered false imprisonment (and likely kidnapping too)

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Pure rubbish!You been watching the news recently or are you firmly in the land of nod!They needed the UN to authorise the war,thats why Blair tried to do this but when british and american intel services bugged the UN they found out this avenue for blood lust was closed to them and seeing as the troops were massed and plans in action they decided to do it anyway

I would love to see your kind go to Iraq and tell those poor buggers that we were in the right to invade them even when they did sweet FA to us!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This i like might put abit of pressure on him, and thats alot of money for his arrest in this recession could people be tempted.

I hope he is arrested and jailed but the likelynes of this is very low. still us normal folk can dream about a democracy right

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I have to say that I'm somewhat dissappointed by the lack of interest in this thread.

How many times have we heard ATS'rs complain about keyboard warriors who type a lot but do nothing in the real world, and yet here we have a guy who has come up with something that keyboard warriors could use to make a difference.

Facebook has been used to good effect recently to sway public opinion, all it takes in this case is for the numbers to increase to a good size and the MSN will take notice.

If nothing else happens at least it sends a signal to Blair and his cronies that they are despised and if the reward money gets up to significant levels Mr Blair will be accosted at every opportunity.

It will ceratinly make other politicians worry about the power of the bloggers.

According to the website Sky News has already expressed interest and want to be there when the first attempt is made, so the stage is already set for somebody to have a go and get on the MSM.

I would have thought this was right up any ATS'rs street.

Shows how wrong you can be

[edit on 27-1-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

give it a couple of bumps over till the weekend and it should be going dandy.
i think people will be considering this but you need to plan you cant just walk up to him ask for his autograph and pop handcuffs on him lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

I don't think anyone is suggesting that that will happen.

What might happen is people will start shouting from the sidelines that they want to arrest him. That wont count for getting the money, but if Blair decides to go over to them himself and the person puts a hand on him and says the words in front of a camer that will be enough to get the money and to possibly start a legal process.

The first step though is to get as many as possible to join the FB group to show support.

I just ask members here to forward the idea to as many as possible.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Your right this website and thread need more people look at it.
I really dislike blair, he walks around smiling with blood on him, and thinks he can get away with anything.

if there was a mass protest to arrest blair outside the court, peaceful may i add so the police dont turn attention on to the protesters. it would give blair the shakes, he cant hide from the truth forever.

Karma will bite his arse sooner or later.
sooner would be nice

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Facebook has been used to good effect recently to sway public opinion, all it takes in this case is for the numbers to increase to a good size and the MSN will take notice.

If nothing else happens at least it sends a signal to Blair and his cronies that they are despised and if the reward money gets up to significant levels Mr Blair will be accosted at every opportunity.

Yes, you are absolutely right. My problem is that even the mention of the man makes my blood boil. the sight of him makes me want to vomit...preferably as he is walking directly below...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway

Yes, you are absolutely right. My problem is that even the mention of the man makes my blood boil. the sight of him makes me want to vomit...preferably as he is walking directly below...

Actually it's the same for me

I do feel for his wife and 4 kids ... imagine being related to somebody so hated by so many ?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

You can't just go around making citizens arrests, unless the person is wanted by the authorities OR if you witness the individual commit a crime.

What would you arrest Blair or Bush on? Do you know of, or did you witness, something that the rest of the world didn't? Point being...some of us may be under the impression that these guys committed war crimes, but apparently they didn't...or else they would have been charged.

If you attempt to do a citizens arrest, and were successful at detaining Bush/Blair, then you are without doubt going to be the criminal in that "arrest", as it would be unwarranted and would be considered false imprisonment (and likely kidnapping too)

Just sayin'

Actually, in Ca you can go around making citizens arrests without witnessing the crime, misdemeanor and / or felony.. it is a felony for the officer to refuse any and all 837s.

Citizens can only arrest for felonies committed in their presence, which is why I pointed out one would need a "detailed intelligent case" to make their argument..if the govt can change the definition of things like "torture" and "cruel and unusual punishment".. maybe there's a wicked smart citizens arrest nut out there ready to intelligently re-define "in my presence" as opposed to immediate physical presence. It would be fun to watch.

However going around citizen arresting random people with no justification can, and probably will, lead to charges of lying to the police (148.9PC) by filing a false report and a host of other charges.. on top of civil liabilities.

Just because the police must accept a citizens arrest, no matter how BS they think it is, doesn't mean the arrested person goes to jail.. officers can by-pass booking and release the arrested per 849b(1) (or 849b1 I forget).. it's called a "b one release"... which will only require booking if the DDA or city attorney files charges.

If anyone in Cali was crazy enough to actually perform an 837PC arrest on war criminal suspects bush/blair/cheney, the oligarchs would immediately be released per 849b1PC and within 5 minutes the DA would announce no charges will be filed and after being tazed for resisting arrest for lying to the police, the citizen died after his head caught on fire..

Despite the fact the citizen was a 21 year old pot smoking all american college kid, by the end of the news day "intelligence" and "govt" "sources" will indicate he has "ties" to al qaeda and his underpants were flammable.. it was an act of terrorism against a hero of peace, virtue and honor

top topics

<<   2 >>

join