It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting puzzles N.L. residents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Residents in Harbour Mille, a tiny community on Newfoundland's south coast, want to know what they saw in the sky Monday night.

Darlene Stewart said she was outside taking pictures of the sunset when she saw something fly overhead.

She snapped a picture of the object in an attempt to zoom in on it to see what it was. "Even with the camera, I couldn't make it out until I put it on the computer," she told CBC News. "I knew then it wasn't an airplane. It was something different."

Stewart's picture shows a blurry image of what appears to be some kind of missile-like object emitting either flames or heavy smoke.

Elly Pardy also saw the object, as did other residents, and reported what she saw to the RCMP and federal fisheries officers.

"It appeared to come out of the ocean," she told CBC News. "It was like it was in the middle of the bay."

An RCMP officer was in the community Tuesday to investigate the reports.

Pardy said she'd like to know what the object was. "It's kind of scary because you don't know if something is being set off out in the bay, [or] if someone is doing experiments," she said.

The residents plan to be outdoors again Tuesday evening to see if there is a similar sight in the sky.

This looks interesting. It looks like a meteor to me, but the woman who took the photo says that it looked like it came out of the ocean.

Any experts want to weigh in on this?

source

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Meteors don't accelerate upwards. Looks kind of like a disc to me, I'm from Atlantic Canada and I can say first hand that sightings around where I live have been increasing, in the last year I have seen 3 UFO's.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Looks like the contrail of a plane, lit by the sunset. Coming from over the horizon it would appear to come out of the ocean.

Short, sunset lit contrails

Above are from here: www.kolumbus.fi...

A good shot with the plane visible:

[edit on 1/26/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seanizle

Really?

Wow. I must admit that is pretty cool. Atlantic Canada seems to almost be a UFO hotspot these days.

I myself, have never actually seen one. But hope to!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Why it's not a plane:

Contrails do not attach to nor surround a plane. They appear approximately one planelength after the plane, and further for faster vehicles.

The photo is from the side, and you can see that the smoke/flame/whatever seems to attach to the vehicle; therefore, they are not contrails.

More likely: sub-launched missile test.

Former jet pilot.

[edit on 1/26/2010 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hmmm...

I must admit, they do look very similar. Especially the first one.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Thanks for the reply Jim!

That would definitely explain the woman's claim that it looked it came from the ocean.

That sounds very plausible.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Looks like contrails to me too, but not anything commercial. There is enough detail in the pic of the contrails to allow some detail of say, a conventional plane, but there is none at all. Best guess would be a very slim delta wing, or no wings at all.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

We don't know the perspective of the image of the sighting.

I don't see a plane (or anything else) in the image of the sighting. I don't see a plane in the first image I linked either. Depending on the viewing angle, the plane can be hidden by the contrail.

[edit on 1/26/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm heavily inclined to say contrail.
If the plane would be coming toward you from your front-right, I could see it making that sort of trail.

EDIT: Definitely a strange angle to work out to get me to be 100% positive, though.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by shadowkhas]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The photographer had said that it flew overhead, that's all the info we have. From the pic then, you could presume it was overhead but perhaps to the left of the photographer, and there is a visible body, albeit not well defined. There does seem to me, to be two contrails, or some kind of exhaust trails very close to each other. Since it was seen over the sea, and presumably the photographer was on land, it would seem that whatever the object was, it was approaching land and passed overhead. I'm not then sure about the missile idea at all.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Whenever I look at these things I always try to find a way of working out if the Image could be of something normal, i.e. Contrail, Aeroplane, Maybe an Aeroplane on fire anyhting but what the OP says it is.

This Image looks exactly how a Missile would, if it was fired. Whether from the Ocean or a Ship on the Ocean or a Submarine. Even on land it would look like this.

So, to me, It's a missile that's been fired. How to prove it, I don't know. Does the Navy keep a record that you can access that shows what Missiles were Launched or ACCIDENTLY Launched?

Phage could be right. It could be contrails but, why would many people, as the OP says, mistake it for something else?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Did it stay in one place in the sky, like a ghost rocket.
Then it might be the Tesla super ship that got too close to
the earth and backfired with this result:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kommunist

she saw something fly [color=limegreen]overhead.

"It appeared to come out of the ocean," she told CBC News. "It was like it was in the [color=limegreen]middle of the bay."

just maybe, it was this thing after it was done with whatever its task was

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Crazy, funny I didn't hear anything about it. Have to do a little research into it, see if I know anyone who has family out there.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It doesn't look anything like those pictures to me. Anyway you are the first to always dismiss anything. she stated it came out of the middle of the bay not from the horizon.
people always believe you without question and i don't understand why?!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
With the contrails in the picture this definately points towards terrestrial. Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with others who say that ET have been using our sea beds for their own agendas I do not think that this photo depicts anything unearthly.

I do thankyou though for being on the ball and posting a thread about something that I wasn't aware of.

On the subject though I believe we are really close to literally 'star wars' TPTB will not reliqunish their thrones easily. Could this possibly be a missile shot from one of our underwater bases?

[edit on 27-1-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kommunist

The witness said it came out of the water so how about an SLBM? Like this perhaps.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I posted this in the other thread so I may as well throw it in here too, maybe someone can add to it.

Looking at the flight paths in the area, there is a Canada Air flight between Deer Lake and Halifax that passes to the west of Harbour Mille, which is the direction of the sighting.

You can see it here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f6fb2ab515b.png[/atsimg]

Here are the sunset details for the 25th:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c648db599027.png[/atsimg]

And finally the flight schedule for Mondays (I couldn't find the 25th but timetable doesn't change between weeks):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d81317fd0bc7.png[/atsimg]

Now I'm not sure if there is a stop-over or not, it does say so but apart from that the times roughly match.

Like I said I'm just throwing this out there, maybe someone in Canada can piece it together a bit better, it is tricky from where I am.

Links:

www.aircanada.com...
www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca...
link

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

TBH it looks nothing like that at all, there is obviously something in that photo at the front as it is darker, in your photos the contrial is of even color all the way through, the women said "It came out of the bay and flew overhead" If this was a plane why isnt the contrail longer?

And why couldn they hear the plane?

I would expect to see a plane contrail at evening this length

And also this is what it would look like if this was indeed a plane.

Notice the Plane Is NOT covered in smoke

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join