It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The children of illegal aliens (anchor babies) have bankrupted the state of California

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Koolcdj69

Is everyone who disagrees with you a racist? It just seems to be a theme with you. Not knowing me, or how I've lived my life, I find it ridiculous for you to make that assumption.
What other country does so much for illegal immigants? Enough is enough, what do they expect to happen, and where do they expect their next handout to come from when they bankrupt the state and it drops entitlements?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

I am sorry, but the way i see it , your kind of anti-immigration stand is all based on CULTURE ..

People like you fail to see the thousands of Illegal Immigrant that come trough the Canadian border .. the millions of Illegal Europeans Immigrants that are being pay "Off the books" .. and more millions of asian immigrants that Open business using fake Documents ..

Hispanics are being use as Scapegoats .. and that fact that people like you ignore the Other Undocumented Immigrants is vivid proof of Xenophobia .

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koolcdj69

Originally posted by Polynomial C

I would love for you, and all the xenos .. to live one day as a citizen of a 3rd world nation ..

Job well done with that statment. I agree 100 percent.

Well if we go down the tubes we're taking you two with us. Misery loves company.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Asktheanimals

The Article mentions US-Born babies ..

They were born here .. They are Citizens .. like any citizen , they have the right to welfare, and all the benefits of being a citizen ..

Don;t you love it when your own logic bites you in the arse ??

Hi PC

It's another ploy to narrow the scope of what it means to be American.

No surprise given what you have seen here in the other threads I have seen you posting on.

I'm u2uing you a question

Ziggy Strange

[edit on 26-1-2010 by ziggystrange]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

To say that Illegal's get better care than americans is just ignorant.

.... and to go farther and say their " pushing" americans out of jobs is even sillier, .... Illegals can't get any legitimate jobs due to lack of paper work.... hell, they can't even get a job at burger king ....

and if they are getting jobs over americans it's because americans are too damn lazy and slow to do it themselves. Illegals work 12 hour days hunched over in fields while most people are not willing to.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Originally posted by gandhi
Stop looking at the world with borders. thats how this big mess got started in the first place. divide and conquer.

Yeah, your right. We should just do away with borders. All people from Mexico and the rest of the world are welcome to come on over and use our resources that they did not pay one cent into. Who cares about the citizens that actually paid their taxes to support the system.

Someone needs a dose of reality.

What he meant was everyone can come into America, no borders or citizenship, therefore they can pay taxes NOT being afraid of being deported.

Idiocracy at its best.

Yes, I know what he meant. Its a stupid idea.
Agreed, idiocracy at its best.

I'm sorry sir, you may have misunderstood me, i mean YOU have idocracy at it's best, did you not understand me?
I'm sorry are you an illegal immigrant? Because you seem not to understand me.

-Sarcasm-

SEE thats how people label illegal immigrants, not understanding of english language and such. Stereotypes. on

My only reply is, WHAT IF WE DID LEGALIZE THESE 12 MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS? Then there will be no problem, but yet idiots and ignorants like the one above will continue to rant then that they are not truly legal citizens and blah.

I support the illegal immigrant cause, cause if it was any of us in their shoes, we would most likely do the same.

But the best solution is to fix up Mexico, so there is no reason to leave there anymore.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

We are all criminals. And we all came here illegally.

Illegals have the same right to pursue their self-interest as I do mine.
No more, no less.
Everybody's selfishness is morally equivalent...nobody is special, nobody is "more deserving".
The thing is, illegal aliens's self-interest (very generally) tends to get served at the expense of my self-interest...And there is no reason philosophically (that I have ever encountered, that doesn't reek intellectually) why I should accept or accede to that.
I never signed on to be Jesus, know what I mean? Flock that.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Koolcdj69

Why in the hell should we fix Mexico? Is that the answer, fix every country? Man, how about Mexico taking care of it's citizens......if they don't like it make a change, there.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
When I hear arguments like this I am forced to think of an argument that goes deeper, as to what would have precident in many cases: The letter of the Law or the Spirit of the Law? Were those children born in the US and therefore entitiled to the rights and priviledges of being a citizen of the United States of America? The answer is yes. However, when that point of law is exploited, used as an excuse to break the law to allow for the mother and extended family to come in, to circumvent the immirgration laws of the country, then this question comes to light. As much as I would hate to see the suffering of another human being, and for those who would argue about there not needing to be borders, then the question is this, how much of your life or that of your love ones are you willing to gamble with? This is no longer an issue of money, but of survival, and the solutions are neither easy or are going to satisfy any. My ancestors were immigrants, they came through Ellis Island, had to deal with and work to make a better life for their family, dealt with and supported the new country they would call home, even when that country turned on them. And I am not the only one whose ancestors did that or suffered, but they came through the front door, did not think to use the law against itself.
Now I mentioned about how much were you willing to risk if you believe in no borders and how much is your life worth? The main problem with illegale immirgration is that when they come through illegally, and enter into the US, there is no screening, and any disease that they have that they can spred, will be even if it is unintentional. The worst being is that these are diseases that at one time was eliminated from the US soil, and is on the rise again. I am not willing to take that chance, nor would I want to risk any on that, no matter how noble the cause is. And as heartless as it may seem, but any more I am under the belief that the laws will need to be redone.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

I would love for you, and all the xenos .. to live one day as a citizen of a 3rd world nation ..

Well if we go down the tubes we're taking you two with us. Misery loves company.

Aw, how you solve your problems, just bring everyone else down with you.
Listen, I do not know the harsh lives the illegals may lead, but I do not hate them one bit for coming illegally. Because if they did it, they did it for a reason, that their home was dangerous, or poor or whatever reason.

But if the shoe was on the other foot, you would want good treatment also, if you were an illegal.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Oh, aw yeah just screw them, let them roll in their own filth. Nice idea.

No, not all humans are like you..

If a person has cancer, what do you treat? Their symptoms, or the cancer?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

.... and to go farther and say their " pushing" americans out of jobs is even sillier, .... Illegals can't get any legitimate jobs due to lack of paper work.... hell, they can't even get a job at burger king ....

I must contradict your statement, based on my own direct personal 100% true experience...I'll give (just) two examples...When I worked as a taxi driver, other taxi drivers, who I knew personally, told me that they were illegals with false papers - they competed with me for the same few orders, had they not been there I would have made more money...and as a young white man applying for dishwashing jobs, I was told "What's wrong with you, you're not the right type for this job, we usually just hire old drunks and/or illegal aliens, you probably won't last, you'll probably just quit and wander off once you get a better job"...had there been no illegal aliens there, they presumably would have been desperate enough to hire me...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Aw, how you solve your problems, just bring everyone else down with you.
Listen, I do not know the harsh lives the illegals may lead, but I do not hate them one bit for coming illegally. Because if they did it, they did it for a reason, that their home was dangerous, or poor or whatever reason.

But if the shoe was on the other foot, you would want good treatment also, if you were an illegal.

You get a star.

You do your Avatar proud.

Keep up the good work

How right you are, and the premise of the OP is fantasy.
The people California would fall into instant chaos if the evil illegals were not there suddenly.

I'n six months, they would beg to have them back and pay them to come here.

They say you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone.

I have lived in L.A. and no matter what anyone says, they need the illegals, or they would have a disaster area.

Ziggy Strange

[edit on 26-1-2010 by ziggystrange]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

I must contradict your statement, based on my own direct personal 100% true experience...I'll give (just) two examples...When I worked as a taxi driver, other taxi drivers, who I knew personally, told me that they were illegals with false papers - they competed with me for the same few orders, had they not been there I would have made more money...and as a young white man applying for dishwashing jobs, I was told "What's wrong with you, you're not the right type for this job, we usually just hire old drunks and/or illegal aliens, you probably won't last, you'll probably just quit and wander off once you get a better job"...had there been no illegal aliens there, they presumably would have been desperate enough to hire me...

Hi,

I feel you, but you should be upset with the business that employs them, not blame them. If these people paid a living wage, they and you would have a level field.

This is a Country of immigrants. Actually we supposedly are the place where the oppressed can come and be free.

Most of the people that now are 3rd generation Jews, and Europeans that live here and hate illegals had no passport, papers, or money.

Now these hypocrites want to close the door and change the nature of American. They will fail.

We make them illegal, but they are legal in essence.
We then oppress them because we know oppression here is better than oppression there.

Is that America? That is AmerikKKa

Things will change.

We are now a Nation of reactionary hypocrites.

The change looms, and will come.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

and if they are getting jobs over americans it's because americans are too damn lazy and slow to do it themselves. Illegals work 12 hour days hunched over in fields while most people are not willing to.

Don't you dare tell me I'm ignorant. The illegals I know got free medical, cheap housing, food stamps etc. while some other people I knew fell through the cracks because they made 3.00 over the poverty line! All because the illegals had babies that entitled them!

YES they ARE pushing citizens out of jobs. I have seen illegals get hired over citizens more than once. I worked with these illegals. How do I know they are illegal? They became my friends and came right out and told me! They told me how they payed a lot of money for false documents and whatever. Oh they have papers alright! Some companies know full well when they hire these people and should be punished for it.

Americans are not lazy, they just don't allow slave drivers to control them. All these illegals have done is drive our wages down. I don't know where you're from, but where I am, they get jobs everywhere. There was a factory that got raided a few years ago. 2 or 3 hundred illegals rounded up. Guess what? Within the same week every single position ended up being filled by legal citizens!!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Bombeni

Because of the law that no one can be turned away from EMERGENCY medical treatment, the illegals use Emergency Rooms if their kid has a runny nose because it does not cost them a dime.

How do you tell the difference between and illegal and an average American?

Illegals come in all colors. Do you base it on the fact they are speaking another language or do you check their papers?

The Xenos must obviously be talking about white Canadians. They take all the good fruit picking jobs and have anchor babies all over Americuh!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Actually, the majority of you Americans that are in to drugs support them sneaking in because they want crack, money and more crack!!!! And besides, there are no reasons to biuld borders, it's Earth! We all live in one world and need each other to be happy. But I understand that some people care more about money than humanity! You should be ashamed that your not supporting the most needed and be thankful your not living in their shoes.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Don't you dare tell me I'm ignorant. The illegals I know got free medical, cheap housing, food stamps etc. while some other people I knew fell through the cracks because they made 3.00 over the poverty line! All because the illegals had babies that entitled them!

YES they ARE pushing citizens out of jobs. I have seen illegals get hired over citizens more than once. I worked with these illegals. How do I know they are illegal? They became my friends and came right out and told me! They told me how they payed a lot of money for false documents and whatever. Oh they have papers alright! Some companies know full well when they hire these people and should be punished for it.

Americans are not lazy, they just don't allow slave drivers to control them. All these illegals have done is drive our wages down. I don't know where you're from, but where I am, they get jobs everywhere. There was a factory that got raided a few years ago. 2 or 3 hundred illegals rounded up. Guess what? Within the same week every single position ended up being filled by legal citizens!!

Ha, no. The buisness who employs the illegal immigrants for such low wages, is the criminal. You and the illegal immigrant are both entitled for the same job, it's just the buisness owner exploits the knowledge that he knows the illegal will not be able to get a job anywhere else.

Illegals are just your scapegoat, how about we post a thread about corrupt buisness owner who hires illegals for cheap wages because they are the only ones who will accept it?

Oh wait, the doesn't make for big headlines.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This raises that fundamental question again, and that is, why do poor people have kids, when they haven't been able to take care of themselves? It's like they just pump out as many kids as they can, and think that's the end of it. It never occurs to them that every human that they produce, they will each have to go through the same process, repeating the cycle. I mean, HAS IT EVER OCCURRED TO THOSE PEOPLE, THAT THEY DON'T NEED TO BEG FOR TREATMENT OR FOOD FOR THEIR KIDS, IF THEY DIDN'T CONCEIVE THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE?

And for the girl/guy who thinks human over money. Jesus Christ, if you don't know how short-sighted that comment sounds, then you need a serious reality check. I guess there's nothing wrong with debt, as long as we can just simply print more money to make up for it. Never mind the fact that the federal government has to borrow money from states like California, leading them to bankruptcy.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by platoslab

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Bombeni

Because of the law that no one can be turned away from EMERGENCY medical treatment, the illegals use Emergency Rooms if their kid has a runny nose because it does not cost them a dime.

How do you tell the difference between and illegal and an average American?

Illegals come in all colors. Do you base it on the fact they are speaking another language or do you check their papers?

The Xenos must obviously be talking about white Canadians. They take all the good fruit picking jobs and have anchor babies all over Americuh!

Of course! Its so simple, Canadians, pshhh they are the perfect blend in illegal immigrant! lol

I bet many of the people who oppose illegal immigration would rather go harass Pablo down the block and ask him for his papers, than ask an Illegal Canadian. He just looks the part so to the redneck its okay.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join