It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists link flame retardants and reduced human fertility ""

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Scientists link flame retardants and reduced human fertility ""

www.scientificamerican.com

pregnancy-flame-retardants-PBDE

EXTINGUISHED FERTILITY?: Flame retardants in homes and in the environment might be reducing human fertility.
ISTOCKPHOTO/BASSITTART
e-mail print comment

Women exposed to high levels of flame retardants take substantially longer to get pregnant, indicating for the first time that the widespread chemicals may affect human fertility, according to a study published Tuesday.

Furniture cushions, carpet padding and other household items contain hormone-disrupting flame retardants called polybrominated diphenyl ethers, or PBDEs. Two of the most widely used
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bvblackspin.com
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-1-2010 by buddybaney]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hello ATS long time reader first time article submitter. I was watching HLN when i saw a report about South Carolinas' Lt. Governor Andre Bauer. He had made derogatory remarks about poor people who receive food stamps.He went as far as comparing them to stray animals that you shouldn't feed cause all they do is breed more. I know that there have been articles on ATS about the government and population control before, but if someone this low in government is openly making these remarks imagine what the real elites think about the majority of the "poor" population of this country and the rest of the world! When you compile this with the article from Scientific American about flame retardants causing low fertility and with the Dr. that Jessie Venture met with on an air strips comments it is fairly obvious what is going on here. It doesn't look good for us useless eaters.

www.scientificamerican.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Considering the amount of chemicals we expose ourselves to, and well, actions we take in general - it's a miracle that we're even alive

It reminds me of how resilient settlers were compared to Indians when they arrived, we killed lots of them by just getting close. Many of us see urban life in the same way cockroaches see our sewers - ideal for breeding and prolonged productive life

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
All aboard the Infertility Express! Chooo-Choooo!!

OK, let's see, what have we got:

Air? Nope, full of carcinogens, exhaust, dioxins, and smog
Water? Nope, full of pharmaceuticals, sex hormones, fluoride, pesticides
Soil? Nope, full of dioxin, pesticides, fertilizer
Shelter? Nope, pillows, carpet, comforters, full of PBDEs
Food?
Don't even get me started...
Cookware/Dishes? Yummm.... plastics, nom nom nom...
Toiletries? Deodorant, shampoo, lotions... Nope, another health fail.
Cell Phones? WiFi? Nope, just cancer-radios

Did I miss something? Is there an aspect of our lives that ISN'T causing infertility?

We are so screwed it's not even funny.

new topics

top topics

join