It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where'd all the Tea party enthusiasm go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by David9176

What recourse is left to us when our government refuses to redress grievances? SCOTUS is nothing but a scam,This last ruling on campagin finance is sickening.

Watch and read this.

It might make you mad at first, but it will grow on you.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
For most of us original protesters we lost interest the second fox news got their claws in it.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
Please, go on and believe, shout to high Heaven, that the GOP, FOX, Bush and Neocons control the Tea Party Movement.

Oh actions speaker louder than words. The actions of the tea party organizers, many of the participants and who they choose to side up with should be clear enough of an astroturf campaign.

The thing is, I dont see the point. These conservatives for the most part were going to crawl right back to the GOP in anycase, so I am trying to understand why they ran the campaign other than to get attention.

we will continue to support the conservative, small government candidates that best reflect our values.

You'll be supporting conservatism while rallying for candidates of a party that for the part pushed up most of the debt, wasted billions on this war in Iraq, and had in part increased government for over the years.

I dont think you can call yourself a conservative and vote more GOP candidates in anymore sorry. Their actions in history proved where the party was as opposed to the "small government less debt conservative". Obviously though, throw a little bone to conservatives, whether it be social issues or personal "flag pins and patriots" matters, and these conservatives will totally forget history. Easy as pie. The Republicans have got virtually an assured voter group nomatter how hypocritical of actions their parties may show.

We will follow up on the statewide VA, NJ, and MA victories,

All GOP candidates back into the GOP flock, by supposed "independent small government and debt conservatives". It didnt matter whether the GOP was for the most responsible for our debt hike, or for the dramatic increase in government. Didnt matter the financial crises grew for the most part under GOP majorities, their "small government and fiscal responsibility" flock of voters will just rally them back in. Because at the end of the day this isnt about small government or fiscal responsibility to the voters and many of the tea party protesters. Its personal, its social, and nothing of real relevance in todays issues.

Maybe there were true conservatives but they had left the movement a while back.

Please, by all means, distract your brethren by focusing your attacks on imaginary loyalties to FOX, the GOP, "Bushies," and whatever boogeymen you fear the most.

Its no distraction, its the reality of the your movement and whats powering it.

We will move forward. We will win again. And again.

By voting and rallying more GOP candidates as you have for the last few decades. Yes, follow like sheep right back to the GOP.

SG

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here.

That tea party people should not attend tea parties?

That republicans control the tea party, when its clear by the amount of people boycotting that they don't?

That tea party people are going to come crawling back to the GOP when they are out in the streets enraged over the looting that has taken place under the direction of GOP and Democratic leadership?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here.

My point is that this entire tea party campaign had been a Republican astroturf campaign all this time. The arguements about the tea party protests last year was that they were independent and against both parties and had nothing to do with the elections. We are seeing the complete opposition interms of who the tea party protesters are ralling for.

This isnt an independent conservative movement. Never had been.

That tea party people should not attend tea parties?

Tea party people have every right to attend tea parties. The tune they play though as "independents" and believers of "smaller government, fiscal responsibility" does not go well the fact Republicans are running these events, it doesnt go well with the fact they are rallying the GOP, the party that has completely contradicted those values.

That republicans control the tea party, when its clear by the amount of people boycotting that they don't?

The Republicans had been running the tea parties since April of last year and some 200,000 tea party protesters turned out. Its been controlled for some time and yet more tea party protesters turned out during those times than before the 2008 elections with the Ron Paul tea parties.

Its hard to understand how people are boycotting when the protests of 2009,2010 were larger than the independent movement of 2007/2008.

That tea party people are going to come crawling back to the GOP

Doom and Gloom said it. Jdub said it as well. They had been pushing their voices in the form of supporting the GOP. Those are supposed tea party protesters. They dont appear to be boycotting.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I don't see republicans controlling anything.

What makes you think republicans have been in control of tea parties this whole time?

If by republican you mean "ron paul republican" that's a different matter.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I personally never cared much for them. It's a horrible ignorance of mine to this, but just the name put me off. It didn't have the potential to make a revolution of any real degree. My view, but I never researched or did anything for it, so understand that.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Apathy this country is full of apathy. If it can happen quick it will get done anything that need staying power will fall by the wayside. This is one of the biggest problems facing America as a whole and it seems to involve every facet of life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join