It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's groups urge CBS to drop Tebow Super Bowl ad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I don't want to hear their message no matter what time of the day or show it is.
I don't want to see it during:
Stargate
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The Daily Show
Not even Fox news
Especially not the Bold and the Beautiful.....

I am so over scared people wanting to fear monger and tell me what to do with my body or how to live my life....all so they gain support for their "righteousness'

That said, CBS can do what it wants, I'd just change the channel the minute it comes on, problem solved....

[edit on 26-1-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's all about $$ and people love Tebow.

Personally I'd rather see that than explain another "are you impotent" commercial to my daughters...

Political view points, like election campaign commercials are probably way worse, and they're all over the tube.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
People are so strange anyway ...

I mean, is there a young girl out there about to make a difficult life choice wondering what Tim Tebow has to say about it?

At least pick someone with a good arm ...

Average arm at best. He doesn’t show the arm strength to make all the throws. Balls generally lack the snap required at the NFL level. Deeps balls tend be ducks. *

Duck balls are bad.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I don't see any problem with this ad running during the super bowl, the only people who have a problem with it, are the ones who disagree with the message, if we have to listen to old men talk about their erections 10 times during the span of the game, then hearing tebow stand up for something he believes in is ok by me.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

At least pick someone with a good arm ...

Average arm at best. He doesn’t show the arm strength to make all the throws. Balls generally lack the snap required at the NFL level. Deeps balls tend be ducks. *

Duck balls are bad.

The TIDE sure spanked his bottom. ROLL TIDE!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe82

The TIDE sure spanked his bottom. ROLL TIDE!!!

Wait, was that the game where he cried like a little bit... err, baby???

WAIT A MINUTE!!! Now I understand why he would be doing an ad for a woman's issue!!! Maybe that's why he has a so-so arm as well... excess estrogen!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If God has a problem with abortion, he is powerful enough to take care of it. He does not need a bunch of zealots second guessing him. That is the whole problem. People supposedly believe in an all powerful God, yet they do not believe he has the power to fight his own battles. Either you believe he is powerful, or you believe he is such a wimp that he needs people to fight for him. Which is it going to be?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
From the source:

Call the Whaamulance and air the ad. Too much political BS in the States right now. It's time for people to stand up and tell these whackaloons that yes, you can have your opinion but screw you anyways.

A Tome worthy of leather binding and gold embossed text.

Free speech to all and a crying towel for the intolerant who wish to control speech.

"Whackaloons"; I like that.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
First of all...Tebow is horrible and has to try to make as much money as he can now because he will be terrible in the NFL. I see people writing that this would be censorship and I have to agree but CBS has certain lines they cannot cross. Say hypothetically this ad was racist, then it would be pulled without question right away. Since it is abortion however, they have to think about it? Its really a though issue and I can't really pick a side myself.

"When I watch CBS I see bs." -Nas

top topics

<< 1   >>

join