It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

teleportation and time travel question, with a spash of astrophysics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I had a post on another thread, and I came to the Epiphany that if we teleported 65 million light years away from earth, we could conceivably look back on it with a powerful telescope and see dinosaurs walking around.

if that is true, then we could also go out 5.5+/- billion years and watch as the earth formed. the only problem would be that the formation would be happening in real time, and im sure it took well over a couple hundred million years for the earth to take shape.

I just think it would be amazing to watch as the moon was formed, especially if it was formed from an earth collision, which I think most people believe.

I mean, any event in history could be re-watched if you could make it to the right place.

is that way off basis? what would you want to watch?

Peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think that its impossible to time travel back in the past, since it would create another universe if some one did that, since it would change everything

but to time travel to the future, I think its possible, since if you travel at a higher speed like speed of light, you would be able to advance without losing any age or perceiving the time pass

the problem with all that is that, maybe, we live in a simulated world, so, it could be possible to travel back, but that would create another universe, because, I cant believe that when someone change the timeline, it would change everything ...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
I had a post on another thread, and I came to the Epiphany that if we teleported 65 million light years away from earth, we could conceivably look back on it with a powerful telescope and see dinosaurs walking around.

if that is true, then we could also go out 5.5+/- billion years and watch as the earth formed. the only problem would be that the formation would be happening in real time, and im sure it took well over a couple hundred million years for the earth to take shape.

I just think it would be amazing to watch as the moon was formed, especially if it was formed from an earth collision, which I think most people believe.

I mean, any event in history could be re-watched if you could make it to the right place.

is that way off basis? what would you want to watch?

Peace.

What your referring to is the akashic files. This was described by Edgar Cayce as basically the sort of cosmic documentation of everything, every moment in existance in space.

I once had a girlfriend whom had to leave...I remember telling her as I sat in the moonight on the beach that the moment we had was forever...then explained how the light reflecting off of us is going into space, eternally and forever going out...so even 20 million years from now, when we arent even a memory...somewhere in the universe, we are sitting on that beach...

Yes, if you were able to shoot out to the edge of the universe, then the edge of the light field of the universe...you would watch the big bang...and every other event that happened...but as far as seeing the moon and you sitting on your front porch 20 years ago...theoretically that light is there...but it would be really small..definately would have to squint. :-)

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

That's beautiful

The issue with this is, the light would have to be unmolested for the duration of its travels for it to still exist as a record of what happened. Passing through dust clouds, or even the very fine amount of gasses that exist in space, would warp and absorb the light, making what does remain a somewhat faded, blurry record.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by SaturnFX

That's beautiful

The issue with this is, the light would have to be unmolested for the duration of its travels for it to still exist as a record of what happened. Passing through dust clouds, or even the very fine amount of gasses that exist in space, would warp and absorb the light, making what does remain a somewhat faded, blurry record.

keep in mind, light travels in all directions...that planet it hit stopped it from going further in that direction, but reflected it in a million other directions...yes, very faded indeed, but on the subatomic levell, crystal clear somewhere.

just think, advanced aliens may be out there watching earth like we watch TV...but at this point, we are creeping around in caves to them.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
I think that its impossible to time travel back in the past, since it would create another universe if some one did that, since it would change everything

but to time travel to the future, I think its possible, since if you travel at a higher speed like speed of light, you would be able to advance without losing any age or perceiving the time pass

the problem with all that is that, maybe, we live in a simulated world, so, it could be possible to travel back, but that would create another universe, because, I cant believe that when someone change the timeline, it would change everything ...

totally makes since, however, it wouldnt really be time travel. if you could instantaneously teleport to the right place, relative to this exact moment in time, it will still be the same time, but you will be so far away, 65 million light years is like 7234568374568347603895760398476035876.2 miles away) but the nature of light and how it moves and reflects would give the impression that you went back in time, but it would simply be the photons from older earth viewed "today" relative to current earth time.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

I think you would have to travel 65 mill. away at .125 light speed and return from 65 mill. away at 2 times light speed then you would see the past. You have to travel back multiple times faster then you went friend. Comming back @ 1/16 the time you traveled out. lol possible it is
...or is it

[edit on 1/26/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

I think you would have to travel 65 mill. away at .125 light speed and return from 65 mill. away at 2 times light speed then you would see the past. You have to travel back multiple times faster then you went friend. Comming back @ 1/16 the time you traveled out. lol possible it is
...or is it

[edit on 1/26/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

oh yeah, belive me, I thought about that. kind of makes me wish they had a nice solid teleporter than can zap more than just photons, haha. if you could just instantly go there, no travel time, then it would work

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Cool Idea, if one were able to travel faster than the speed of light, ... they would be able to look back, and see THEMSELVES !!

and when we start moving at super speeds a sort of time travel can be accomplished, .... an astronaut can take off for say, ... ten years traveling near the speed of light, .... however when he returns the earth would have aged say ... 40 or 50 years.

That was the inspiration for Planet of The Apes.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
First of all when you teleport, in quantum physics, it is not "You" that is teleported, remember when you teleport, the information in the original object is lost. What is teleported is an exact copy of you. It is not you. So you may be destroyed in the process of teleporting. So if you are not there, then where is the question of you seeing anything?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

uh.. you didn't even read his post did you? you just read the title and came in and hit the reply button and blablablabla...
so annoying...

anyway.. to the OP..

you could speed up the process as to watching the ancient events happen.. by traveling towards earth at varying speed.. you could fast forward then slow it down..
.. the reflected light of what you're observing that is...

-

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

you could speed up the process as to watching the ancient events happen.. by traveling towards earth at varying speed.. you could fast forward then slow it down..
.. the reflected light of what you're observing that is...

-

YES! I was thinking about watching the earth form, but it would take way too long, well, way longer than a humans lifespan, but you could teleport a rocket out in space, then set it full speed ahead towards us, like a cosmic time lapse photo, that would we pretty crazy, haha.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
First of all when you teleport, in quantum physics, it is not "You" that is teleported, remember when you teleport, the information in the original object is lost. What is teleported is an exact copy of you. It is not you. So you may be destroyed in the process of teleporting. So if you are not there, then where is the question of you seeing anything?

I've been stumbling over that same thought when trying to get my head around the idea of using clones of yourself to extend your lifespan...

back on topic though, why bother developing the technology to transport someone 65 million light years away when you could develop some kind of wormhole technology, open up a "Looking Glass" aimed at Earth and have real-time pay per view. Indeed, any one intelligent enough to do that could open one closer and see exactly who WAS on that grassy knoll... see exactly what DID land in New Mexico in 1947... pretty much anything you wanted...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What about the possibility of being able to decipher groups of photons in space from earth? - Let me elaborate;

if you put a mirror on the floor, and shine a flash light on it, the beam will display on the ceiling.

sunlight hits the earth, and bounces back off into space. this is the same principal that allows us to see other planets I would imagine.

BUT WHAT IF; we could design a telescope in a way that could tune into the frequency of this reflected light from earth?

Light scatters, but after a long enough exposure, like in the deep sky survey, we can see objects that have continuously reflected enough photons to give us an image.

If we could pinpoint one area in the sky and fashion a reviver to be able to interpret photons as it passes that point, it could be like having a video feed of what happened in the past. JFK - Roswell - Jesus - DINASOURS, oh my, haha.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It would be theoretically possible I guess. I have thought about this before.

But, as you travel for 65 million years at the speed of light and looked back at earth the time would be different as 65 million years would have elapsed. So technically you would be looking at the day you left. Weird I know.

So if you travel at the speed of light away from the Earth no matter how far you go you would be looking at when you left at the speed of light.

To look back in time you would need a wormhole or develop time travel, which we all want!!

Weird I know but physics is constant and cant be changed.

Although this would work if you could figure out how to travel faster than light...

I hope this helps.

Pred...

[edit on 29-1-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I really liked your posting and as such I decided to provide some different feed back to your posting subject matter.

Let me premise my remarks, by both of us agreeing, hypothetically of course, to accept the fact that such time travel secret technology exists. That having been said, from here on out I will speak as if such technology already exists so as to explain some additional bits of information for you to consider in a hypothetical sense.

To answer your question, yes, you could watch the moon being formed or any Earth in whatever period of development you could desire to observe from whatever vantage point you desired, but here comes the devil in the details.

There is no "Travel" with space suits and some space craft designed for time travel adventures like we so often see in movies and Hollywood.

What if you didn't need to personally and physically do the time travel? What if you could sit in for instance in a comfortable chair with a device in front of you and via neural interface with the device so it allows you to gaze and see into a holographic stereographic wide screen image of where you travel in time and space to any given point in time and space at fast processing speeds and with great accuracy with regard to time and location. Yes, very similar to surfing the Internet via computer or laptop with with a few more bells and whistles.

Such technology is already being criminally abused in ways that I am certain was not the intention of those that created such secret technology, but it does allows for you to see into the past and into the future with precise control over where and when you travel. (Andrew D. Basiago, Atty at Law) is a federal whistle blower and good source to research for background on such technology called "Looking Glass" the time gazing device and a mention of "The Cube" a teleportation device for interstellar travel.

Such technology obviously has serious national security implications because you would always know in advance what you had to do to begin a manipulation of known events necessary to achieve alterations in future events by knowing what the future is and then introducing your change in the present time line to affect the changes in the future time line viewed.

Andrew D. Basiago has stated in interviews available online that such a secret device is being abused to illegally elect presidents of the USA. He states presidents George H. Bush Sr., Clinton, George W. Bush Jr., and even Obama are illegal presidents chosen by those that control the device. These criminal abusers of secret technology have manipulated our actual time line and because of all the manipulations to ensure victory for gaining the presidency of the USA they have introduced anomalies not understood within our existing time line that many are starting to experience as blips in time or what appears as time adjusting in front of our eyes.

Anyway, I hope this helps you to think about time travel in a different way from here on out and get away from the Space suits, Space crafts, and having to achieve some Hollywood light warp speed or such nonsense and worrying about health related issues or concerns.

Good luck, and in closing I leave you with a final conspiratorial thought and a good movie script idea which I freely offer as 'Food for thought".

What if a group who thought they were really smart turned out not to be as smart as they thought and did something really stupid. So stupid it dooms the planet Earth. Earth would be no more and in order to correct their stupid mistake something had to happen, so drastic that no one could begin to understand the complexity of what was being attempted, except by those involved in the project.

Their so called solution is to create a device, so large, drawing its massive energy requirements from the ether, the so called God molecule to generate such a massive amount of energy necessary to move the entire Planet Earth out of harms way and then return Planet Earth to where Earth was before being moved out of the way of impending destruction. Time traveling the Earth so as not to be here when something this way comes and then returning the Earth to where we were before Earth got out of the way of something we could not survive. A planetary destruction being avoided by moving the planet by means of time travel technology and then returning to our spot in time in space after the danger has passed.

As for me I don't think its going to work. It' just a hunch, but I don't think its going to work. Good luck thanks for letting me vent.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

This is why you must teleport yourself to this point in time and always use teleportation as stated in the op. Otherwise yes you will only see the path that you blazed through the cosmos . As far as how to teleport . Well thats just a matter of getting the objects within a designated field and vibrating said objects at the same frequency at which the teleportation target zone vibrates/oscillates whichever and poof you have just teleported. This same concept was "supposedly" used in the Philadelphia experiment. Which "supposedly" did not turn out well due to the fact they did not have quantum computers ciphering all the information the way it needs to be done in order for it to work and not end up half way through a wall of a naval ship. It is also believed time travel can be accomplished through the same processes.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by consciencious observer

Agreed. They only way possible is teleportation or moving space/time itself, which, well, is a while away.

If you managed to teleport yourself 65 million light years away you could possibly look back and see Dinosaurs. But, the only problem is, you would need a killer telescope to be able to see 1 meter resolution and that would have to come with you. So in order to see you would need a monster telescope and of course yourself.

I would like to think that maybe we have at this point, in some hidden lab somewhere, a teleportation machine. It would be an awesome concept, but unfortunately I do not think we do. If we could teleport people or larger objects it would have made a scientific impact at this point.

The concept of us not moving and bunching up space/time in front of us and pushing out behind us is a cool concept and is theoretically possible, as are a ton of things, and could be possible in the future. That would help your idea of watching the Earth's big events.

So I think in the future we will be able to do things like this, I also think that TPTB will prevent it, as we will know our real history, and not the one that has been passed down by generations of rich people.

Pred...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
www.mediabistro.com...

Today's guest on the Morning Media Menu was Sean Carroll, a theoretical physicist at Caltech in Pasadena, California. His research covers theoretical aspects of cosmology, field theory, and gravitation. On the show, he discussed his new book, From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time. Conversation topics included: the daily life of a theoretical physicist, science in movies and books, and Lost predictions.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Deicide88]

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Thu Feb 11 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

actually I think the problem was I was reading another thread about this same subject and for some reason I posted it like that and didnt comment on the fact that it would be possible the situation described, it was really a brain lag in my part ... but I read what he said, I just kind of forgot to talk about it lol

Originally posted by drsmooth23

totally makes since, however, it wouldnt really be time travel. if you could instantaneously teleport to the right place, relative to this exact moment in time, it will still be the same time, but you will be so far away, 65 million light years is like 7234568374568347603895760398476035876.2 miles away) but the nature of light and how it moves and reflects would give the impression that you went back in time, but it would simply be the photons from older earth viewed "today" relative to current earth time.

yeah I got it ... yeah it would be possible

if you teleport to another place, how would this teleport be like ... thats the big problem ... since, if we could make your quantum information travel to another place, it wouldnt be you, it would be a copy ... so, its another discussion I think

time travel already in the works by andersoninstitute.com .... you can listen to his interviews in the frnt page ....

he says they already can control time, like slow down or accelerate time in a controlled environment ..

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Faiol]

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Faiol]

top topics

join