It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It was 64 yesterday, who says no global warming?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I say no global warming. I say there's climate change, which is completely natural if you look at the history of our climate.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

PFFFFFT! Here in Cleveland it was 13 degrees with a -3 windchill factor - that is 20 degrees BELOW normal! Today it is 17 degrees and a 7 degree windchill factor.

No effense but a single daily temp tells us nothing!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
man ... climate is not the same thing as daily temperature ...sorry man, go research more before creating threads, thats my message for u and thats my good action for today

It was climate is not the same as wether, now it's climate is not the same as temerature? What is next? By the way daily means everyday for enernity so I would not use that term.

The avrege of the temeratures recorded "every day" in this winter is below even for normal winter conditions. This winter was and is one of the coldest winters in the past 10 years if not the coldest. This indicates that it's colder as an actual fact and it's not just a snap and that climate change is a natural part/event of our planet. How naive is it to claim global warming after 2 months of temeratures below normal limits for regular winter. When you will get -30 Celsius you won't scream global warmming anymore.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have lived in Florida for 57 years, and I can tell you that it is definitly getting colder.
It used to be that when there was a heavy frost, there would be Red Letter headlines in the newspaper.
Even into the 80's when there was a freeze coming there would be continuous coverage on TV as to temp drops in various areas.
Now it is so common that they don't bother any more.

For instance:
•The 1957 freeze occurred near the end of the year on December 12-13 and was the most severe to hit the state since 1940.
•This freeze hit exactly five years (to the day) after the freeze of 1957. The freezing temperatures arrived in Florida on December 12-13, creating the third *impact freeze in the state of Florida. It was considered an *impact freeze because it caused the most damage to trees and fruit of any other 20th century freeze to date.
•This freeze occurred on January 18-20 and is comparable to the 1962 freeze. This freeze created the rare conditions in Florida for snow to stick to the ground. The freeze of 1977 also reinforced and accelerated grower movement south.

At one time they were wanting to raise Citrus in Southern Ga. and N. Fla.,but the freezes sent them South, and they are still going further South.

For the complete list see: www.flcitrusmutual.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join