It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How America treats its soldiers - Jeans Cruz: The Ditched War Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is a documentary that I watched in January last year. Although it's been more than a year since I have seen it, it is one of the stories that I still remember very well. Probably because this story is so shocking, sad and outrageous and decided this needs to be known. Specifically, because I have the idea that American TV seems to be censoring such stories.

It is the story of Jeans Cruz, a war hero who was part of an elite squad that captured Saddam Hussein. After his return home, he has become very suicidal, he is suffering from a post-traumatic stress disorder.

After a medical examination by the army, he was told that his mental wounds had been caused by a personality disorder that he had always had. They refuse to admit he is suffering from a post-traumatic stress disorder as a consequence of the traumatic experiences he encountered during the war. By doing so, the army is not required to pay him a benefit. Henceforth, panic attacks, depression and chaos control his life. He is barely able to nourish his family.

And he's not alone. Approximately 22,500 other American veterans have been honorably discharged without receiving a benefit. The reason: Supposedly, they all suffer a personality disorder.

It is a disgrace that veterans who risked their life for their country are ill treated like Jeans Cruz. Is this how the American government reward its veterans?

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Is this story known to Americans? I am surprised by the lack of interest in this topic.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I'm going to watch this now I'll comment back after. But I'd like to say that my father told me of a story he heard in Democracy Now of an American soldier who was being tried in Germany for war crimes. This was a while back, but it seems to me that no matter what he did, Germany is not the place to have this done, and even worse, that the MSM said nothing about it. Every American should be aware of these stories... good or bad. These kids go over there because of us, and when something goes wrong we don't want to hear about it. The government figuratively "takes them out back and shoots them." Shame on us.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I am bumping this thread as I cannot believe it attracts so little attention. I think this is a very sad story that really deserves to be out there. This man risked his life to defend his country and returned with severe psychological problems. Instead of giving him the medical and financial support he deserves, he gets nothing.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

It's the American Way

Remember Sept 12, 2001 .Thousands of New Yorker's holding signs with

"Hero's " written on them, for the responders going to the "pile'.

Bush doing his photo OP's on the "pile".

Well now , upwards to 70,000 of those people , and people anywhere near

the "pile" are dying of Lung Disease.

WTC Cough

They are not getting any help, Bills are being voted down to help them.

US likes to use the word HERO, then discards them on the garbage heap.

new topics

top topics

join