It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detection of ET Life and the Consequences for Science and Society Webcast *On Now*!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
For all members that are interested in ufology I have just been emailed this
Live webcast Royal Society UFO conference

it starts at 18:30 GMT today

Heres a little snippet information about it:

Ufologists and alien-hunters can watch the Royal Society's lecture The eerie silence: are we alone in the universe? live online tonight.

The webcast, streamed live on the official Royal Society site, is part of the Detection of Extra-terrestrial Life and the Consequences for Science and Society conference, happening this week.

Just click the link below at 6.30 British time to watch the talk, given by Professor Paul Davies from Arizona University.

The British-born Davies is a very clever bloke indeed, having helped create the theory of quantum fields in curved spacetime.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

starts in 15 minutes!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thank you for this.

I'm sure this will help enlighten a lot of people who are shouting "imminent disclosure!" based on the statements of some of these scientists or just by the mere fact that this conference was organized.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I want to add that SETI is IMO part of the elites tools, I do not believe for one minute that if SETI found a signal we would be made aware of it, unless of course TPTB wanted us to know.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I want to add that SETI is IMO part of the elites tools, I do not believe for one minute that if SETI found a signal we would be made aware of it, unless of course TPTB wanted us to know.

well, if you research more about SETI you will find out that their methods to find alien signals are really ridiculous and probably wont never work

thats what a great mind said, michio kaku

take a look into his videos in YT

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would like to watch this later .. I couldnt watch on time ... lets hope its recorded

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
I would like to watch this later .. I couldnt watch on time ... lets hope its recorded

"This lecture will be webcast LIVE at royalsociety.org/live and available to view on demand within 48 hours of delivery.."

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
oooh a question on ufos from the audience

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So why does it just send a small message like " Here is our cell Phone # 101 001 456 654 2466 call us and make an appointment, for we are all rather quite entertained with our selfs spending your money so just call us will Ya."

That would be simpler.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
oooh a question on ufos from the audience

That guy is my new hero. Too bad he was shut down by the lame excuse of "they are too similar to us so I can't take it serious".

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDragonLord

Yea I agree, I didnt like his response, he keeps saying look for something fishy, well, isnt the 1000s of UFO cases, hundreds of Alien Abductions and several cattle mutilation cases seem a bit fishy?

Peace!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In case people weren't watching, or missed it, Paul Davis—the author of a book Hillary Clinton was holding talked about in this thread—just answered a question of someone in the audience on why don't the scientists take UFO reports and abductions seriously, and why not ask the military for the answers, by saying he dismisses all of that because the reports from people who have, allegedly, come in contact with aliens all describe the aliens to be humanoids similar to ourselves.

I hope this puts it into perspective for those who thought all these recent articles about this conference meant imminent disclosure.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Its all over, very very interesting, if you like how science and the tin foil hats meet in the middle. Basically the speaker was saying that it is plausible that life is out there and that scientists should look in to the future, the speaker said that he looks at everything 'outside of the box' and that science is always changing.

There was alot about how we would contact 'aliens' and how they would contact us when we have the capabilities.

I urge every ufologist to watch this its only 1 hour of your life and you can listen to it in the background, I never thought I would see the day where scientists agree that chances of finding extraterriestrial life are extremely possible.

I am convinced that something is going on and I hope/pray its not bluebeam.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDragonLord
That guy is my new hero.

The guy did it wrong. He started immediately talking about cover-ups ("go ask the military") and abductions, when he should have simply made a seemingly innocent, and pertinent, question—why don't you take UFO sighting reports seriously? And don't you think it's unscientific to dismiss the evidence before even looking at it? That way would have been a lot better.

Now that guy came across like another "conspiracy theorist" and "UFO crazy" and only reinforced the popular notion that everyone who thinks that UFO sightings should be investigated believes in grey aliens from Zeta Reticuli abducting people and the military covering it all up.

Not to say that isn't happening—we simply don't have any concrete evidence of it. But it definitely doesn't seem like the best way to get the scientific and academic community (of which most of the people in the audience are a part of, I assume) thinking about whether or not the UFO phenomenon should be seriously and scientifically investigated.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by converge]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge
I hope this puts it into perspective for those who thought all these recent articles about this conference meant imminent disclosure.

Everyone talks about disclosue on this web site and quite rightly so but IMHO disclosure has already begun, the fact that scientists are admitting that maybe they were wrong to say that hu-man beings are the only species in the universe is a remarkable step forward, also the numerous articles in the papers that talk about UFO and ET, IMO its a conditioning process, switch on your tv (if you have one) and look at the channel listings over the weekend, its already begun.

In regards to Paul Davies, I expect that he has been privvy to quite a few conversations where UFO'S and ET have been mentioned. Its his job to condition the science community as they trust him and take his words with deep respect.

I am convinced that VERY soon we will hear about a probe finding vegetation on another planet and rivers e.t.c then it will come the big one... A signal.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

yes scientists admit, children are getting shock lessons in schools, churches are admitting it (finally telling the truth ey JC?) NASA isnt spending a lot of time covering up new photographs of distant planets with blatant "beasties" in them, and fuel prices arent arse high anymore. Yeah, I'd say its begun. as expected, slowly

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
One thing thats puzzling me and I am going to say it then I am going to disappear and get ready for work, if ATS is really set up to help people find information and discover the truth about our existence on this earth, why was there no links to this webcast? I thought it would have been publicly advertised on the front page?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
great stuff really

there has been lot of UFO caht, and now, powerfull organizations are cracking on the UFO subject

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by borastankovic

It wasnt actually about UFO's.

Sorry.

Peace!

new topics

top topics

join