It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK.gov uses booze to lure London kids into ID scheme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

UK.gov uses booze to lure London kids into ID scheme

www.theregister.co.uk

Young people in London are getting the chance to get their hands on an ID card, the lucky so-and-sos.

The next stage of the Home Office's attempts to get the cards accepted is to target those privacy-disregarding, Facebook-obsessed youths in the capital. People aged between 16 and 24 years old who hold a current or recently expired passport can apply for a card from 8 February.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Are the youth of today really going to fall for the "Hey give me £30 and all your contact details" and in return you will be able to prove your age malarchy?

Personally I can't really imagine this new ploy on private info really working, although it was stated a success in manchester a few months ago.

How long before they tell us it's a complete success in the capital and pass a law to make it a requirement across the country, Totalitarian Big Brother is already here.....!

I wonder is this tactic will be used in Europe, from Brussels with love i thinks.

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Old news these kind of age verifications cards have been around in one form or another since I was a teenager in London(a long time ago).

Fake ID is generally cheaper and more useful for the kids they are targetting. Those who are really old enough tend to have passports which they're parents have paid for to use as ID.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
More taxation on booze bought buy Teens is the goal here.

How many Highschools in the UK? How Many Teens?

How many Fridays and Saturdays? To much Partying....

We will see what happens.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
double

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I may be wrong but I'm thinking our youth won't give a stuff.
The ones who get p*d out of their heads on a Friday night will simply see it as an easy way to prove their age and get served. I don't think concerns about privacy will come into it.

top topics

join