It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This isn't our world!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This isn't our world!

We merely inhabit it. What we are doing is wrong and many species are and have suffered because of us!

We have somehow got it into our heads that this world is ours and we can do what ever we want.

People need to wake up and realize how they are living is a lie and tear this "Perfect little world" we have created on this planet up.

We need to start again, and respect what surrounds us. (Nature)

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I agree... But unfortunately the masses don't give a flying F*** about any of that... I do believe the earth needs cleansing.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

How would you suggest to do that? Do you eat meat? Do you eat just veggies? Do you drive a car? Live in a man made home? Do you use fossil fuels for your electricty? Do you shower daily? Do you brush your teeth daily? If its yellow do you let it mellow, If its brown do you flush it down?

The problem with you tree huggers is this, you want us to change are life styles to better suit nature, but you dont give us alternative means to continue to live our lifestyle.

How many of those question do you answer yes to? I want the truth..

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
you are wrong and right

this is our world, it is here for us to inhabit, if it wasn't our world we wouldn't be here on it in the first place, but we do need to take care of it, in order to keep our world

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

I agree that certain things, ie a layer of trash lining the ocean floor, not a good thing. However, by and large to think that WE are directly responsible for all "problems" of Earth is simply naive. The earth goes through cycles, the earth has destroyed various lifeforms throughout its history. IF we were causing irreversible catastrophic damage, the earth would get rid of us and start over, its been done before. Animals evolve or animals die, that's just the way it is, the problem is that humans see themselves as far more important than they are, the planet was here before us, and it will be here after us. We are not responsible for everything.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Wolf 

How would you suggest to do that? Do you eat meat? Do you eat just veggies? Do you drive a car? Live in a man made home? Do you use fossil fuels for your electricty? Do you shower daily? Do you brush your teeth daily? If its yellow do you let it mellow, If its brown do you flush it down?

The problem with you tree huggers is this, you want us to change are life styles to better suit nature, but you dont give us alternative means to continue to live our lifestyle.

Well unfortunately most of us are forced to use fossil fuels for electricity. I reduce carbon emissions by eating the cow. My house is over 100 years old. Personal hygiene is a must because I don't want to get boils everywhere and I certainly don't want to loose my teeth. Every creature on earth ejects waste from their bodies. At least my waste goes to a contained sewer system.

I don't like the phrase tree hugger. It implies that everyone that wants to help the planet is part of some extremist environmental group.

The thing that gets me is we can do a ton for the planet without sacrificing any of those things you mentioned. I mean helping Earth isn't all about reducing carbon emissions. Save that for the MMGW crowd.

In the past we where forced to produce harmful environmental results in order to further technology. Today, we have alternative options and much cleaner available technology although we don't use them very much. Plus a lot of businesses (at least in the states) are going paperless which produces less demand for rain forest paper.

But none of the stuff you mentioned is the real problem. In fact I hear all kinds of stuff about save the Animals and stop GW and all that, but those aren't the real environmental problems.

------------------------------------------

Need I point out the water cycles on this planet? Eventually water from Russia will rain in the skies of Wyoming and the water from China will rain in the skies of the UK. Run off will eventually end up in the ground water which eventually ends up in the ocean and before you know it all the water is mixed all together and such. I bet one action alone would save the planet.. FORCE CHINA TO CLEAN THEIR F`ing MESS UP! Toxic waste and all....

Exhibit A

I know most of you here don't realize it but if you've looked at the pictures just remember............ Eventually that toxic water you see in those pictures will make it to your tap and that is a fact.

China isn't the only one, look at Cambodia and other parts of Asia...

Here is a shot from Cambodia. You will notice it looks much like the scene in China.

Who cares about MMGW... I just care about hiring a clean up crew asap. I would go right now (with a has-mat suit.) if I could afford the ticket and avoid death via Chinese govt.

I see these environmental summits and the world is calling for China to reduce emissions... I never hear anything about the giant landfill they live in.

----------------------------------

I live in the states, and I do know that we contribute to pollution so I'm not going to play the innocent. However, it is no where near these conditions.

All the world has to do is cry out in one voice. CHINA CLEAN YOUR ROOM!

[edit on 26-1-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Wolf 

Unfortunately the government has agencies in place if you do not have electricity, that is if you have kids and you don't have electricity they can take them from you, or you can join a protected group like the Amish, but that doesn't appeal to me because they are fudamentalist christians. I call them that because they follow Old Christian dark ages beleifs, it's why they don't have any technology. If you do not own a home or at least rent one they can remove your children from you, Same goes for a car, you have to drive it to get to work for those things you are FORCED to buy. If the government left it up to the parents to raise the children the way they see fit, I could conform to a greener lifestyle, but I am forced to live in yours. As for others who don't have children, they are not stopped from doing this, rememeber everyones situation is different.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Very true, when I register the kiddies for school I have to bring a current electric bill. One would think my drivers licenses should be enough to validate where I live, but its not.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
To those things you asked if I do...

Yes I do, but I don't want to!

I look at the world after 19 long years and all I can see is a mess. A fabricated reality in which we are the illusion!

Because you have been brought up in such a world doesn't mean you have to be apart of it!

As of now I am making it my main priority in trying to save this planet!

I hope you can see my logic before its too late

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

I think the fact people are overlooking this thread indicates how ignorant and incompetant we are!

Too concerned about their lifestyles and so called rulers... (Government, Politicians etc...)

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf 

Too concerned about their lifestyles and so called rulers... (Government, Politicians etc...)

How long, and what would it take for people to understand and comprehend how we are living now is pointless and a waste of energy that this world has kindly given us...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
triple post for the win

line 2

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

I guess people just aren't that interested in what I have to say haha!

Quite annoying realy!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
not true man, ive had that happen as well

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Our environmental parties suffer from dual goals: to protect the environment and yet to do so in a politically popular way. Since no one wants to be told they cannot have a house, or bigger car, or buy more plastic junk destined for landfills at Wal-Mart, these goals are paradoxical. This explains the impotence of environmental parties: they sabotage a few new subdivisions, prevent the construction of some factories and stop some hunting, but on the whole are limited to reminding us to recycle condoms and turn off extra appliances at night. These people are for the most part looking for an identity as "environmentally aware" more than they are concerned with fixing the global problem. For this reason, we have to look at "Green" parties as a political creation and not a practical solution.

Imagine if you were sealed in a room where you had to produce your own food and oxygen; two-thirds of your room would be taken up by either plants or equipment to generate oxygen and water, and you would need some way of producing food. While you might find a technological solution that takes up less of your room, you are then entirely dependent on it -- and it in turn is dependent on natural resources such as uranium and metals which must be extracted from earth. Your choice is simple: live in a world of massive impoverished groups waging war against the wealthy who live in machines, or cut back population so we can have normal lives and breathe outside without masks.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Sadly the most common response to your thread will be anger and sarcasm... People will throw questions at you like...

So what do you want us to do? What’s your solution? Do you expect us to all live in mud huts? Blah bla blah bla blah...

Same old crap...

Well I applaud you

I know you may not have all the solutions... I know you may be unsure of what to do next... But the important thing is that you are thinking unselfishly and starting to see the world for just how precious it is.

I am afraid that modern western society encourages selfishness. Social Darwinism is the trait and philosophy of the developed world and it is what will destroy us... the inability to see beyond our own wants and needs.

And what do we do when someone points out that our lifestyle may be damaging the planet or other humans? Do we try to stop or limit that lifestyle? Do we protest at the corporates or politicians who encourage this lifestyle??
No!! we stamp out feet like a little child whose parent has just threatened to take away a lollypop.

Well... good luck to you my friend... you are on the right path... Sadly there are not enough of us though.

My only advice to you is... do not get to depressed over it... The human race needs people like you to act... not wallow in self pity...

Join Greenpeace, start making plans to escape society, join a conservation group, encourage friends and family to be more environmentally aware... There are plenty of positive things you can do to help make a small difference and influence others. The change starts with YOU!

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Firstly thanks for replying to this thread!

Im glad there are people with the same views as me.

I feel I am wasting my time here as people are that drained of their natural instinct that they can't even see what they are doing.

Most of the time they don't even think for themselves...

This is a typical day for almost most of the population: Get up, Get ready for work, Get something to eat, Maybe watch some TV, Work, Get back from work, TV, Maybe exercise (But who am I kidding) go to bed...

Running low on food... Go shopping market where everything is already done... Most kids these days don't even know where their food comes from!

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Wolf ]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf 
reply to post by Muckster

Firstly thanks for replying to this thread!

Im glad there are people with the same views as me.

I feel I am wasting my time here as people are that drained of their natural instinct that they can't even see what they are doing.

Most of the time they don't even think for themselves...

This is a typical day for almost most of the population: Get up, Get ready for work, Get something to eat, Maybe watch some TV, Work, Get back from work, TV, Maybe exercise (But who am I kidding) go to bed...

Running low on food... Go shopping market where everything is already done... Most kids these days don't even know where their food comes from!

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Wolf ]

Totally agree

My own plan of action is to get out of the system... myself and my wife have a plan to become self sufficient... it’s harder than it sounds... but at the moment we are studying and saving.

Hopefully within the next 5-10 years we will have achieved our goal. But for now we just settle for trying to limit our damage as much as possible...

We always try and obtain locally sourced freedom food. Fair trade is another label we go for... We recycle and have stopped flying... We walk more and cycle... Oh... i also started growing my own vegetables in the garden (which has been very successful and enjoyable)

Now these changes my not save the world... but at least we are doing something!!

Hopefully in 10 years time you can come and visit us on our self sufficient farm

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

Earth created us in a way. We are earth. So your right we have to respect this planet, which basically means we have to respect ourselves and others around us too. We are all part of this planet. We are earth.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

This is our world, along with anything that comes from this Earth, our mother. The problem is we have lost all respect for her and have taken more from her then what we truly need.

We do need to live more as one with our nature, for we are all a part of nature. We are the human element, and our presence does influence and affect the Earth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join