It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email from Alan Grayson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
"Dear Branden,

Unlike you and me, corporations don't eat, drink, get married, vote, or bathe. And they never sleep. Which is why they have already launched another attack on our democracy, due to hit ground zero tomorrow, Wednesday, January 27, at 9:30 a.m.

Last week, it was the Citizens United case. That case not only permits unlimited campaign spending by huge multinational corporations, but it also says that any law to curb such spending is a violation of those corporations' "constitutional rights."

Now, it's the SpeechNow case. This new case would extend the newfound "rights" of multinational corporations to billionaires. Yes, the SpeechNow case would give billionaires the "constitutional right" to pollute political campaigns to any degree that they see fit.

We have to fight back. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit will hear "arguments" on the SpeechNow case at 9:30 a.m. tomorrow in Washington.

Let's show them what "freedom of speech" really means. We'll speak and, for a change, they'll listen.

Courage,

Alan Grayson
Member of Congress"

I recieved that email from Representative Alan Grayson, D-FL.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Whatever Grayson does, will fail.

He is thinking with his heart and not his brain.

Not to mention, his days are numbered...(as a politician)...

Looks like more fear peddling.....

Sorry, I should have elaborated on the Brain statement. \

Meaning it could be more effective putting his mind to work on drafting Court rejection proof law instead of b---hing about it and fear spreading. I mean, that is why he is in Wash. D.C.-isn't it?

[edit on 26-1-2010 by anon72]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Would seem to me that the Constitution forbids "Multi-national" corporations from interferring with our elections. In fact, it is explicity illegal for ANY foreign entity to interfere in our electoral affairs. But once again, don't let the laws of the land stop the politicians from doing whatever they want. Don't worry, things will change for the better. However, I fear it will only do so once we have rounded up, tried fro treason and executed every one of these stinkin' rats!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
He is thinking with his heart and not his brain.

I prefer someone who thinks with their heart over someone who thinks with their wallet.

The rights of the people have been given to corporations. Grayson is right.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

OMG!!!
The world really IS ending! BH and I have now agreed on more than one thing!

You're right BH, I too would prefer politicians thinking with their hearts as opposed to their wallets. I've been screaming for nearly 2 decades about the corporatocracy/plutocracy/meritocracy/oligarchy that has been running this country. People are now beginning to listen, but I fear it might be too late!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
OMG!!!
The world really IS ending! BH and I have now agreed on more than one thing!

Hey, it happens.

I feel like I am watching a very scary movie. I mean, I don't know how this has been allowed to happen, but it is, and there doesn't seem to be a thing for us to do about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Have we truly reached endgame already? What is to become of us now? This is going to be interesting to watch. I guess I will start to spend my time writing essays and searching for solutions.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So someone, especially Mr. Grayson, care to explain how George Soros wasn't allowed to pollute the political landscape before this case? Grayson is a twit and his days ARE numbered. I made the mistake voting for him and rest assured I will not make the same mistake again.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So i_javascript:underline()n your opinion only unions should be able to influence elections?

Edit; Let me rephrase that.I agree about the corporations but the unions pose as great a threat and are already corrupting the system. Hence obama.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

top topics

join