It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Rant/Shopping Carts/People Suck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Okay....you are the other shopper. Can you PLEASE not leave your cart in the center of the aisle while you browse the cake & brownie mixes? You can put that Betty Crocker Mix right next to your Slim Fast, mmkay? You insensitive pig, there are other shoppers trying to get by. And don't you dare give me that STINK EYE when I say "Excuse Me"....God forbid I move the cart for you, you would think I'm about to snatch your purse or kill your Grandma...I didn't get the memo that this place was supposed to shut down for YOU today!

Here are the people I'm talking about...you know who you are:

Click This Please

And This

Thank You For Listening.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You and me both man....

This is why I hate going to the store. I will either say "EXCUSE ME!", grab their cart and push it out of the way, or just ram it with my cart. Then if I get the stink eye from them, I just say..."If it wasn't in the middle of the isle, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Have a nice day."

People are lucky that I haven't just snapped yet. But when I do.... this very well could be the trigger.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I use to make my "hoarding-type" shopping at this small, but extremely cheap mart that I call "the Magical Store" due to their magical deals on stuff.
That shop is cramped like hell, but I always, always make sure to park my cart in discreet locations so that people may pass without any problems. Then I go hunting and dump the goods in the cart as I get them. By that, I avoid droning around at the mart like the zombies that usually hang out there.
Qucik, goal-oriented and efficient; that's how I do my business.

If a ill-placed cart gets in my way, I'll fill it with condoms, anal-rash ointment, lube and zuccinis. Then I move it to a much more public place
(at least I pretend I do that....)

And to the OP: hear hear! Valid rant!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Just barge through, always works!

Well it works for me but I am 6' 4" and built like a proverbial brick s#$% house...

Oh and that people of Walmart site is pure gold!

[edit on 26/1/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
HAHAHA, aww man those pictures were great,

Flagged, cause i can't see the stars anymore
:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

...And don't you dare give me that STINK EYE when I say "Excuse Me"....God forbid I move the cart for you, you would think I'm about to snatch your purse or kill your Grandma...

I just move them... purposefully. I figure, why not make a point? Give me the stink eye, I don't mind.

Sometimes, I'm just feeling b*tchy, especially if I'm hungry or coffee deprived and idiots like these, or others who do similarly selfish things and who get in my way at the most inopportune times... tsk tsk... I have no patience for that.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I know what you mean man.

I was following them yesterday in the store.

Mostly they're old people who think being elderly entitles them to be @ssholes.

Riding in the courtesy electric cart driving it down the middle of the aisle.

Couldn't get away from the 300 lb. grease ball and her 2 screaming kids that was behind me.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I hate, when your walking along and some person steps in front of you and just stops dead! and you gotta do a james bond roll just to stop yourself crashing into them! :shk:

[edit on 26-1-2010 by valiant]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Explanation: Seriously!!! I've shopped for whole community organizations for at least a decade and now I help my parents take my mum's mum [my gran] shopping once a fortnight! I am the ULTIMATE grocery shopping consumer!

Here are my tips [mainly for the blokes OK!]

Leave the women and the trolly BEHIND you as you escape that "evil wicked break ya bloody balls of a trap SitX!"

Grab a hand basket and THE LIST and haul you backside to the FAR end of the store, which of course being a BLOKE should be easy as you have previously mapped it out to the MAX! [or refer to your GPS gizmo]

Avoid going down isles with more than 2 trollys etc. Skip and backtrack as required! Ask people nicely if they need a hand with anything such as getting things down from high shelves etc. Most will politely refuse but some will be very grateful and what goes around , comes around!

Stop being so SHY and politely ask if they can pass you what you require if they won't or are unable to move etc. SMILE as it Helps!

Inform the staff if you notice any problems as they will be grateful when the problem doesn't blow out of all proportion later on!

For example... I noticed the swinging arm at the entrance of a local supermarket was closing to soon and was seriously hitting everybody in the hips as it swung shut. It hit my Gran and within 5 mins I had the storemanager having it fixed as a extremely high priority [sensors were recalibrated] and they were very glad to not end up being sued.

Give yourself the time so that you can take your time! Patience is a VIRTUE!

Personal Disclosure: Plan to shop outside of the PEAK shopping traffic jam times as logistics becomes an overriding factor! I've cut my parents previous total shopping time by over 3hrs [75% reduction] by helping out.

P.S. Get your partner a DECENT shopping trolly. My Gran is 80+yrs and has tunnel vision, partially deaf and is only about 5ft tall and so a WORKING trolly is imperetive. I'll go through a ton of trollies to find one that spins freely left and right and floats back and forth with minimal effort required for her to use.

Edited to add the following for clarity. soz me a

Go directly to the far end and work your way back to the person pushing the trolly. Using this method I save my gran about $10 in impulsive buys etc and in 2 x 5min round trips I've grabbed 75%+ of the things on the list and saved her pushing the trolly over 2/3rds of the store.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Sounds like you've done this once or twice! And yes the LIST is crucial!

:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I havent been to Walmart since last year. Those A$$
seem to leave everything in your way before they :bash: into you. I stopped shoping in hugh places like that when the prices skyrocketed
and also stopped shopping theere when I found out that most of the food I was buying was full of MSG's and other harmful chemicals
. When I get back to the states ill start shopping locally and my way to hugh savings.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Explanation:I treat it like a combat mission and prepare accordingly.

Personal Disclosure: The only small store of semi independant status here locally is Aldi's and they are still keeping cost$ real but only just.

What burns me though is the main stores of Coles and Woolworths hiding/discontinuing the slightly premium priced no name brand small sized and net weight consumables that I can actually afford and it doesn't get wasted or have time to go off! It makes me really really
when I can't even just get the basics when they claim "we are fresh food people" etc.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

From the slums of California where im from there is more local stores then corporate entities. It seems like my fellow latinos keep it real when it comes to food prices and don't worry about raising prices like the other competition. However their are lines in fast food joints like mcdonalds but I stoped going there when I ate the breakfast and got a mad headache. Lesson learned the hard way.:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Couldn't agree more

this makes me want to start a thread of inconsideration where we all list the people who tick us off

-Kyo

top topics

join