It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure imminent? Look at these headlines from the past few days

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

I was able to connect and watch the lecture live using the link
you provided. Thank you for posting the information.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
These are fruitless distractions to keep your mind off the recession, the jobless rate, the rising insurgency in Iraq and Afghanistan, the civil unrest in western nations and the fact that the whole enchilada we call "democracy" is swirling down a tube.

keep a keen eye on haiti.

It will be the model for NWO. It will be a selling point for giving up your sovereignty but still paying it lip service as if to say, you are still in your tribe, but part of a bigger one.

give it 10 years. then read this post again...lol

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yeah, we had it in Serbian news too just like everyone else. They're all about London Royal Society - but they like to add their own attention-grabbing twist to the story.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelin

Michelin, I think you forgot to finish point 2 of your post.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hey everyone! I've been lurking here for quite sometime and decided to go ahead and sign up.
This is my view of the subject and certainly doesn't mean it's a fact, but bear with me here.
I believe a good number of accounts of UFO's are legit, AS IN, they are unidentified flying objects. Probably experiments by our military. But highly improbable (by my own personal studies of the subject) ET's.
Some of you are saying the government is conditioning people through the media readying them for imminent disclosure. I do not believe this is the case. Media wants to make money.. That is all. What sells is what they promote. And how many people go and see these movies, etc? Look at how popular Avatar was and is! Does that literally mean for a fact there is a Planet called Pandora and we are using Avatars there? No! It means it's fantasy that many people are interested in, and so it makes money. Simple as that.
In almost every article that was linked above, they speak of microbial life. Yes, it is not a stretch of the imagination to see how there could be microbes in the water of other planets.
But it is a stretch to logically think there is a highly advanced civilization using resources to come and land in one of our corn fields.... For some unknown reason. It stands to reason that if we have the technology to use google earth and see a house on a street corner, that this "highly advanced" species that can travel over millions or even billions of light years should be able to see the city of Phoenix in Arizona without having to fly above it in several aircraft.. Again, this simply appears to be military.. Nothing more.
Most of this just seems to be something people set their hopes in who have lost hope in humanity to make this planet a better place, and are relying on another race of beings to make things beautiful. So I am not here to say to not hope on these things, but I did want to say this so that you might think twice before buying into every story the media puts in front of you. In the end it all boils down to one thing and one thing only. Money.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I cant wait till the next republicrat idiot president announces the "war on aliens" when the wars on drugs, mexicans, "terrurists" and everything else cease to be profitable.

I really do hope there are aliens though. The thought of being able to get the hell off this planet is pretty much all I have left to live for.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Are we alone? We may soon find out.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Alien life could already be on earth, Scientist says:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I will say Until I start seeing these topics discussed on the Television News Channels, disclosure will not be any time soon. Not everybody reads foreign websites to get their news, and not everybody looks into the various science websites.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Right, bassically, if there is any IL out there then its going to be millions if not billions of years more advanced than us, we arent looking for the obvious, as stated earlier today by a scientist at the Royal Society, cuurent UFO sighting do not act like IL ET's, UFOs using technology just slightly more advanced is much more likely military aircraft technology which hasnt been disclosed yet.

we have to look a bit more longer im afraid, they are out there but we havn't found them YET, keep looking.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cydonia2012
As much as I would love disclosure to happen I just don t see it happening anytime soon. There really is no reason for it to happen now. Why now and not 20 years ago for example?

The one and only reason I can think of, as to why now and not 20 years ago, is the impending opening up of space travel to the general public.

I believe Richard Branson's space venture is due to start very soon, and that might be worrying a few people who have until now had space all to themselves.

Other than this, I too don't see any reason for it to happen any time soon

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Now theres a programme on BBC 3
"Danny Dyers: I believe in UFO'S"

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Hi guys.
Are you sure all this information now is just an excuse for the start of the War for the Space.
About one year ago, maybe more, i read here on ATS, that the government (with some kind of technology) will create holograms in the sky, to make people believe that we need to defend against ETs. And that would create a planetary war, maybe a WWIII. Just asking, i get more confused about all this every single day.
Peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I love this thirst to learn about the existence of extraterrestrials. However, I can't help but wish people would spend more time becoming aware of themselves.

Green aliens and saucers aren't even Half of the story. It doesn't even scratch the surface.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by argonfritz

Skull and bones, and bohemian grove just to name 2 secret shaddowy circles which powerful people kiss skulls and burn efforgies, my wife works as a government employee and your right most people are good people thinking they are doing the right thing, but i believe that even a president doesnt have any real power he is just a PR guy.

I think that info on REAL aliens has been kept so secret and tight that everyone outside the loop really has no more of an idea than 'the man on the street' even presidents. It is only a matter of time with HD cameras and home astronimer kits and the internets ability to spead info like wildfire that the evidence will get too overwelming, the Vatican is preparing, the science field is starting to prepare with this royal society conference, different countarys have released UFO files, loads of media T.V, movies, news, it appears its only a matter of time, i highly doubt the US will admit to hiding any info, working with aliens blah blah we will be hit with freash discoveries over the next decade, time to look foward

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Star & Flag!
Good post!

They are preparing us for the main event!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Araiansu
Hey everyone! I've been lurking here for quite sometime and decided to go ahead and sign up.
This is my view of the subject and certainly doesn't mean it's a fact, but bear with me here.
I believe a good number of accounts of UFO's are legit, AS IN, they are unidentified flying objects. Probably experiments by our military. But highly improbable (by my own personal studies of the subject) ET's.
Some of you are saying the government is conditioning people through the media readying them for imminent disclosure. I do not believe this is the case. Media wants to make money.. That is all. What sells is what they promote. And how many people go and see these movies, etc? Look at how popular Avatar was and is! Does that literally mean for a fact there is a Planet called Pandora and we are using Avatars there? No! It means it's fantasy that many people are interested in, and so it makes money. Simple as that.
In almost every article that was linked above, they speak of microbial life. Yes, it is not a stretch of the imagination to see how there could be microbes in the water of other planets.
But it is a stretch to logically think there is a highly advanced civilization using resources to come and land in one of our corn fields.... For some unknown reason. It stands to reason that if we have the technology to use google earth and see a house on a street corner, that this "highly advanced" species that can travel over millions or even billions of light years should be able to see the city of Phoenix in Arizona without having to fly above it in several aircraft.. Again, this simply appears to be military.. Nothing more.
Most of this just seems to be something people set their hopes in who have lost hope in humanity to make this planet a better place, and are relying on another race of beings to make things beautiful. So I am not here to say to not hope on these things, but I did want to say this so that you might think twice before buying into every story the media puts in front of you. In the end it all boils down to one thing and one thing only. Money.

I'm sorry but I think you have way too simplistic of an understanding of how the media actually works. Yes, they want a profit, but they also have an agenda to serve as the communication arm for those who are at the helm of the world (the real people). Remember this quote (if you haven't seen it):

"WE ARE GRATEFUL TO THE WASHINGTON POST, THE NEW YORK TIMES, TIME MAGAZINE AND OTHER GREAT PUBLICATIONS WHOSE DIRECTORS HAVE ATTENDED OUR MEETINGS AND RESPECTED THEIR PROMISES OF DISCRETION FOR ALMOST FORTY YEARS. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO DEVELOP OUR PLAN FOR THE WORLD IF WE HAD BEEN SUBJECTED TO THE LIGHTS OF PUBLICITY DURING THOSE YEARS. BUT THE WORLD IS NOW MORE SOPHISTICATED AND PREPARED TO MARCH TOWARDS A WORLD GOVERNMENT. THE SUPERNATURAL SOVEREIGNTY OF AN INTELLECTUAL ELITE AND WORLD BANKERS IS SURELY PREFERABLE TO THE NATIONAL AUTO-DETERMINATION PRACTICED IN PAST CENTURIES.” – David Rockefeller Baden-Baden, Germany 1991

They are not willing to print anything that will sell newspapers, for if that were the case there is much more they would have printed over the years that they didn't. They want to continue having their favored status among the true world leaders, and given that most are owned by people of a certain cultural background, they are going to do what is in that particular group's best interest.

This is no accident that all the papers, including the one here in Wellington, New Zealand, has been running articles on UFOs recently - including the announcement that New Zealand is about to release its secret UFO files:

ATS thread on New Zealand UFO file release

And, remember that most of these articles are talking about alien life on earth, not finding alien life in space, or locating little microbes on some other planet... and they are talking about aliens looking like us... how in the heck can scientists postulate to what aliens will look like if they haven't already some idea about that?

Evolution SHOULD cause them to look vastly different, so for any scientist to say otherwise only suggests that they have some prior knowledge of this, and are trying to make it sound like they are concluding this from some kind of scientific perspective.

No, something is definitely up... don't allow your jaded pessimism to blind you what may very well be a significant trend. And for those of you who say "oh, but I've believed in disclosure so long and nothing has happened," I would point out that what has happened in the past has nothing to do with what happens now. That was then, this is now. For example, at one time, Al Queda was America's friend, helping to fight the Russians. Now, the U.S. is more friendly towards Russia and is fighting Al Queda (which they helped to form). THAT WAS THEN... THIS IS NOW. Life is ever changing, conditions are ever changing... we have true "climate change" in the political arena, for the political climate is ever-changing and nothing stays the same when it comes to political expediency. Some things never change, and other things ALWAYS change. Study your history and you will see that it is so.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by downisreallyup]

link   
Keep that red carpet rolled

The reason why there have been all these ET-related headlines in the last few days is rather trivial. It is that the ancient and illustrious Royal Society, which is currently holding a big conference on the search for extraterrestrial life in London, has a very effective public relations department.

Every single link in the OP, except possibly the New Scientist one, is to a story related to that conference.

I didn't check all the other links posted, but I would imagine that most of them were to media in other countries picking up the same conference-related stories. The reading public are always interested in ET; he makes good copy.

So that's all it is: a conference. Better take that welcome bunting down again.

link   
I mean... look at those sources...
You do know Telegraph is just as bad as the Sun right? They are tabloids...
If I took the headlines of tabloids from any year in the past ten, well, disclosure would have happened a long time ago...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well it seems that the giggle factor is dying down in the Mainstream, which is good, but the fact remains that when Scientists use the term "alien" they are talking about tiny micro-organisms. Why do they insist that all extraterrestrial life is small and pathetic compared to us? They fail to understand that the probability of there being intelligent life, more advanced than our own is very high. It's as if they are taking one step forward and then two steps back - they want to talk more open about life outside of planet Earth yet they want to stress that ET life is very primitive. If they are part of a long term disclosure movement, they are taking their jolly time, that's for sure. If they aren't, they're wasting everyone's time by dumbing us down.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Keep that red carpet rolled

The reason why there have been all these ET-related headlines in the last few days is rather trivial. It is that the ancient and illustrious Royal Society, which is currently holding a big conference on the search for extraterrestrial life in London, has a very effective public relations department.

Every single link in the OP, except possibly the New Scientist one, is to a story related to that conference.

I didn't check all the other links posted, but I would imagine that most of them were to media in other countries picking up the same conference-related stories. The reading public are always interested in ET; he makes good copy.

So that's all it is: a conference. Better take that welcome bunting down again.

What IS significant is this: 2009 was the Official UN Year of Astonomy, and there were many events planned all through 2009 surrounding looking into the heavens with telescopes. The Royal Society knew this as well, and yet they did not schedule their conference on alien life in 2009, but waited until just AFTER 2009 so that their conference would not be associated with the Year of Astronomy. The very fact that they are having a conference where scientists are even going to "breathe" that aliens are already here on earth only goes to show that something is up. They would not be covering this topic if the trend of the past was going to continue. You are correct that they have a significant influence in the world, and that is why their holding of this conference IS a significant event to indicate a possible change in trend.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by downisreallyup]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join