It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure imminent? Look at these headlines from the past few days

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blender
reply to post by Armour For Victor

Thanks Armour for Victor, I've been looking for this & I'm watching it right now... Not very interesting so far.

yea its not what most are expecting, at least as of right now.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Yea, that's it. It actually surprised me considering it came from "kids Disney". And i agree about the movies secret info. For example the line in Transformers 2 "The aliens have built the pyramids" which they mentioned like 5x, really made me LOL.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I don't really see disclosure happening any time soon. I think the only way disclosure would happen was if there was a mass sighting in a highly populated area. It would have to actually land too because I forgot about the Phoenix lights. On the night of the Phoenix lights there were witnesses in my town that seen triangle craft flying west. So you see the sighting would have to be huge for the governments to finally disclose what ever they know about what is flying this ufos. Unless these UFOs are just their secret craft....I find that likely because I've only seen UFOs near military bases.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

What is there to disclose?

We don't even have an image or video to go by which irrefutably proves aliens exist.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cydonia2012
Why now and not 20 years ago for example?

Well seeing as 70% of alien movies consisted of us... discovering aliens, and those aliens trying to... "take over our bodies", "use us as egg sacks", "cause panic/crime rates to skyrocket" and/or "completely destroy our species". That might be one reason (if you were going to introduce yourself to a civilization on mars and all their impressions of aliens were negative.... would you say hello?)

By the way... I believe the remaining percentages are

25% of films consisted of humans having sexual relations with aliens (what do you expect with sex deprived sci-fi geeks)

5% of films humans and aliens meet, have a couple "bumps in the road", and everything works out in the end.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com... vatican accepting possibility of alien life..

stuff like this makes me wonder

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Wow! There are thousands of aliens in Canada, my country. These aliens take on the shape of people. Woooow, this is a heck of a lot more scary than your obfuscated blurbs in the dark sky. We have real aliens. These are illegal aliens.

Get a life.

:-\

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by secretbear
We don't even have an image or video to go by which irrefutably proves aliens exist.

And if we did someone like yourself would come along and debunk it.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

If the govts of the world wanted to keep this as a secret, then obviously we will not have any images, videos or any other "proof".

But I am sure you must be aware of all the videos and other things that are out there, especially on the internet, most may be fake, but some could have been leaked or atleast are "interesting"

[edit on 26-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Good god go back to sleep.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
vatican accepting possibility of alien life..

Ok, good place to go, yup, just ask Satan's own (vatican), Satan is an alien too.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
But I am sure you must be aware of all the videos and other things that are out there, especially on the internet, most may be fake, but some could have been leaked or atleast are "interesting"

If you're expecting the government to "disclose" you have to ask yourself why. There's no evidence. There's a lot of strange things in the sky, but only a minority talk of it as it is so insignificant. If they exist we'd all be seeing aliens and know more than we do now.

The fact is there is not one photo or video of aliens, and most people on planet Earth know that. Some of us are pleading to believe they exist but alas, no.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by secretbear]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm afraid reality is far far more mundane (like almost all conspiracies). At present UFO/Alien subjects are the butt of jokes and "superior" journalists like to point fun. Tabloid varieties are narrow minded and full of their own self importance, Hence joke after joke after joke BUT here's the mundane bit : scientists (astronomers) are getting ever closer to discovering "aliens" or rather life on another planet simply due to the very ordinary discovery of hundreds of planets around remote suns. Twenty years ago ZERO now >450! This means the subject of alien life is something that NEEDS to be taken seriously even if that life is just a microbe. So action has to be taken to get the press to recognise that the subject merits serious attention and no longer the butt of tabloid press jokes.

That's all there is to it. Scientists wanting to be taken seriously when discussing the possibility and nature of alien life.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

If the govts of the world wanted to keep this as a secret, then obviously we will not have any images, videos or any other "proof".

[edit on 26-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

I dont think that the governments of the world could supress concrete video footage or pictures if they were taken by a citizen.

There is no way for them to stop someone from immediatley uploading their footage to every website they can, which would blow the lid off the coverup in a matter of hours.

The only way the government could get their hands on the footage is if it was immediatley turned over to the authorites before any copies or uploads were done.

The government is not all powerful. There is no way they could keep a cover up going this long. The US government can't even keep a blowjob in the oval office under wraps.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Blender]

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Blender]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don't think anyone plans on divulging any information, anytime soon. However, perhaps there is a rise in activity, and this is simply a means to make joe public more aware and accepting of the fact of alien life, if mr. alien does a slow fly-by over a major city. I doubt this is disclosure as much as CYA.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by milkmustache
Do the math.

So what are you trying to say.....

Even a 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,
000,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.010101010101 chance that there is intelegent life in the INFINITE Universe(s).

Still seems like really good odds based off an INFINITE number

[edit on 26-1-2010 by FORMe2p00p0n]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by milkmustache

Eventually every empire falls every civilization crumbles and every species becomes extinct. I'm not saying that intelligent life can't develop on other worlds, I'm suggesting that the chances of two happening near each other at the same time are remote at best. So remote in fact that all of this disclosure nonsense is pure wishful thinking. I used to be a believer myself until I thought about it logically. Logic dictates that people who believe in disclosure don't understand 1) the government and more importantly 2) logic.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
There are many many possibilities as to 'whats going on'.. I like to think however that our government's are being or will eventually be forced to disclose. Simply because 'they' won't allow us to weaponise space. Which our powers that be are definitely pushing for, a la Wernher Von Braun.

However, i do think now is definitely a great time to discuss such matters with unawakened people and not get the - 'rolling of the eyes'. Instead of all the cynicism floating around these boards, we should be using this as a great oportunity to get the ball rolling and put the pressure on and maybe enlighten a few people.

Go to MSM websites and leave your comments.

Talk to people when they are reading the articles and ask what they think and discuss.

DRUM UP MORE PUBLICITY!

etc etc..

Everyone seems to want disclosure, yet everyone quickly diverts to cynicism the minute something positive comes our way.

Whats that about?????

Also do you really think 'they' would allow project bluebeam, when it appears 'they' can disable our missle silo's... If our phony governements attempted it, it would probably be good for us, as it would fall flat on its face and expose them...

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Trying Times]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The most interesting thing about disclosure is, that IF it happens, how would some people possibly react? At least three different groups of people come to mind:

1. New Age-nuts that go even crazier when their "saviors" are revealed etc.

2. So-called skeptics ( not the real skeptics who can even accept something ) who don't believe it just for the sake of their "skepticism" or "logical thinking" depending how you wanna call it.

3. The weak and blind individuals amongst "normal people" who start to freak out when they see/hear that there really is something out of ordinary.

I hope no one takes this post personally, just wanted to bring my "what if" prediction to the table.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Are we alone? We may soon find out

It is this kind of headline that makes people wonder. What are those people up to?

Many top minds say extra-terrestrial life may be totally beyond our sensory abilities and comprehension.
"Even those who believe complex life is widespread, aren't especially optimistic about current searches getting positive results," Rees said.
"There may be advanced life of a kind we can't conceive, a kind that doesn't reveal itself by electromagnetic radiation -- a kind that isn't communicating at all."

They talk as if the ETs are some kind of gods.
And they seem to be testing the water, gauging people reactions.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join