It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure imminent? Look at these headlines from the past few days

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

And don't forget that movie from Disney, which showed in it's first minutes all those flashes of UFO/ET stories from history... THAT was really a WTF movie considering it's from Disney for kids (more less). What was it called? Also mentioning District 9 and Star Trek is obvious too.

[edit on 26/1/10 by Cybernet]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OverSword
Do the math. There have been billions of species which have evolved thoughout history on this planet, and as far as we know for sure, only one capable of producing a space faring civilization, or any civilization at all for that matter. So although life may be abundant on planets orbiting other stars the odds of an intelligent potential space-faring species is low. Combine that with the probability that two planets within easy travel of each other both have a space faring civilization existant at the same time and the odds get even lower. Every time you factor in another potential element the odds get less and less. I'm not saying there are no unkown craft flying in the skies of our planet, I'm just saying that they are probably not from another world.

Yep. The odds are VASTLY in favor of UFO's and the like being terrestrial.
If anything, ET probes or background frequency changes would be discovered first.........even then it would be suspect IMO.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

That picture made me LOL hard. Good one!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Man I really hope this isn't the steps that are being taken to launch Project Bluebeam...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
lets face it , as long as the aliens are less scary looking than the thing , and the xenomorphs from aliens ( H.R Geiger) then I wouldnt be scared at all

and i think we all could handle their weird appearance so long as they werent trying to suck our faces off , or implant things into us , or rip us to shreds with large talons

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Disclosure imminenent? Please, how often have we heard this? Talk about slow torture. People, both respectable and other wise have said for 50 plus years. It falls in to the same catagory as a religous revelation. You the gullible public can make any sense you wish with this information that you wish. But let me give you a little insight. In the 1840's, there was a preacher (religion unknown, but Christian) by the name of Miller.

He had quite a following and his flock became known as the Millerites. He predicted a date in 1848 when the Earth would end. People did not plant crops, they sold their land and possesions, and stood mouth agape waititing for the end times. And guess what? Nothing happend. But those who bought this bs, starved or suffered in other ways. My point? Don't give up in a a manner so basic. Screw the religious componant. No God does not have any thing to do with this. A true God awakens us to that potential that is some what awkward. When we open the door, we should see peace. As All ways please forgive spelling.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Okay, so Disclosure is never coming. I know this sounds like a blanket dismissal of all your beliefs, but quite frankly I JUST want to offer a sober perspective. You can wait until the end of time, but there will NEVER be disclosure, because there is nothing to disclose.

If you have never worked in government here is a quick wakeup call:

The Government IS:

People. Normal people with normal fears and aspirations, as selfish as anyone, as good and bad as anyone. The government are people with families, and jobs, and paychecks, and social security numbers.

The Government IS NOT:
A shadowy group of nefarious monsters dedicated to messing with all we hold dear and laughing about it.

I want everyone to sit with this idea for 10 minutes. I am only trying to be a voice of reason here.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Disclosure imminenent? Please, how often have we heard this? Talk about slow torture. People, both respectable and other wise have said for 50 plus years. It falls in to the same catagory as a religous revelation. You the gullible public can make any sense you wish with this information that you wish. But let me give you a little insight. In the 1840's, there was a preacher (religion unknown, but Christian) by the name of Miller.

He had quite a following and his flock became known as the Millerites. He predicted a date in 1848 when the Earth would end. People did not plant crops, they sold their land and possesions, and stood mouth agape waititing for the end times. And guess what? Nothing happend. But those who bought this bs, starved or suffered in other ways. My point? Don't give up in a a manner so basic. Screw the religious componant. No God does not have any thing to do with this. A true God awakens us to that potential that is some what awkward. When we open the door, we should see peace. As All ways please forgive spelling.

Maybe the world didn't exactly end in 1848, but 1848 was an important year of revolutions in Europe - France, Germany, Denmark, Italy, Hungary, Switzerland, Poland, Sicilia. Maybe that's what he meant.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by argonfritz

Not you again! Get out you disinfo agent !

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet
reply to post by Submarines

And don't forget that movie from Disney, .... What was it called?
[edit on 26/1/10 by Cybernet]

I think you mean 'Skyrunners'where 2 kids find a UFO that flies them around...

On topic : The same stories have been published here in Belgium and some even made it to the front page of the biggest online news site here. www.hln.be should anyone be interested.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If disclore will come, it will be not comming from our goverments. Their trying to hard to keep the fuel-economy as long they can. What would be easier to keep people paying for the outdated technoly we have at this moment. Right, its all about money money money.

Did you think even one goverment looked at the worlds health? They let ppl die in 3-th world countrie's, making useless wars against eachother.

What do you think if the goverment will disclose UFO and Advanced Technology? People will have no trust anymore in the goverment. Massive suicide's and religion-related problems will come forward.

Maybe the ppl like us here on ATS are maybe ready for it, but i think alot of people couldnt handle with that truth.

Trust me, if disclosure will come, it will be done by an mistake (goverment act) or ET itself.

In the last years so manny people said disclore will come soon, and it dont just happen.

When i was a kid it, it was my wish to live in a Space industry which where we explore our solar system and beyond, then only on this stupid planet where we only pay our money to taxes and goverments which are given us not even the information/technology (free energy) we want.

good luck with disclosure, but i guess you can wait a longggg time to get that happen!

The only thing is forcing the goverments, to make use of advanced technology or given out any other information which could help us mankind in a positive way.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Oxize]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed these stories mainly come from the UK and always have, they have been pretty open these past few years, why is it always the foreign media and not the N.Y. Times, L.A. Times or any other mainstream publication in the U.S., nothing new here. There will be no disclosure unless forced.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonspurter
All those new stories you posted are based on 3 core stories - they've just been rehashed and printed in different papers.

There's ways and means to disclose (if of course there is anything to disclose?)

Evicence of microbial life would be released first. Get the people accustomed to the idea that life does exists on other planets but not scare the pants off them by parading a 10 foot lizard on primetime BBC.

And now that we have the Hubble upgrade, WISE and Keppler up there - there clearly will be a lot more in the news now than ever before because we are discovering more and more of our Universe.

Carry on living our lives without hoping for an alien visitation to save us from boredom 1 Disclosure 0

[edit on 26/1/10 by vonspurter]

I agree very much with what you are saying. Before Disclosure can occur there needs to a rise in public awareness regarding the subject. It would make sense that if there are advanced civilizations out there doing their "thing" (and I think there are) that awareness of them should be handled in baby steps.

"Oh look microbes on Mars!"

Just that little revelation will ignite a conversation of epic proportions. Once the dust settles from that then we move onto the next step.

"Oh look Earth sized planets around star X, spectral data says "could be lots of life!"

After that firestorm settles we -might- be ready to find a signal.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Has anyone noticed these stories mainly come from the UK and always have, they have been pretty open these past few years, why is it always the foreign media and not the N.Y. Times, L.A. Times or any other mainstream publication in the U.S., nothing new here. There will be no disclosure unless forced.

America is always the 1st country which stand in front to do something. Either it is in positive way or negative way.

With giving out press information or general information they walk waaaay behind on us here in Europe. But ye, what would you expect if all super leading countries (USA/USSR/CHINA) have the nice information we want.

Sorry, couldnt resist. I hope some goverment officer looks at this topic and shows to him what people really want.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that nothing of this nature is ever quite "imminent," at least thus far. If, hypothetically, extraterrestrials are visiting Earth and our governments or other groups are aware of this, then just hinting at the possibility of one day contacting or discovering extraterrestrial life is a long, long way from actually disclosing their literal presence here. If anything, this would be the start of a long, slow process of acclimatization of the public to the very idea of extraterrestrial intelligence even existing at all, let alone being discovered, or being here already.

I want more than anything for the notion of literal alien visitation and disclosure to be proved and true, but so far I see nothing to suggest that definitively. And I've been let down too many times in the past to get excited about some scientists speculating about future human-alien contact and the ramifications thereof, sadly.

I hope I'm wrong, of course, as always.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Yessiree! It looks like we will have disclosure any day now.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c56eb3b4c2d8.jpg[/atsimg]
I LOVE YOU!! vagina whisperer.... Im liuterally alaughing while I type this. HA! that.. god. thats bloody original

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Oxize

Sorry, couldnt resist. I hope some goverment officer looks at this topic and shows to him what people really want.

No need, they know what the people want, they just spend their time figuring out how to keep the waters muddied.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This combined with all the conditioning of 2009 and even into this year.. something is on the horizon..

Never seen anything like it tbh
I'm cautiously optimistic about it.. i want to prove everyone wrong.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OverSword
Do the math. There have been billions of species which have evolved thoughout history on this planet, and as far as we know for sure, only one capable of producing a space faring civilization, or any civilization at all for that matter. So although life may be abundant on planets orbiting other stars the odds of an intelligent potential space-faring species is low. Combine that with the probability that two planets within easy travel of each other both have a space faring civilization existant at the same time and the odds get even lower. Every time you factor in another potential element the odds get less and less. I'm not saying there are no unkown craft flying in the skies of our planet, I'm just saying that they are probably not from another world.

That's a biased judgment, actually going off that basis, finding say two planets which have harbored around a billion non-intelligent species throughout their span would increase the odds of finding an intelligent species. Odds would never decrease when finding life even at its basic level. Intelligence could be gained from anything; living in higher numbers to overcoming a predatory environment, survival of the fittest, even a freak evolutionary breakthrough when a species is on the brink of extinction. Intelligence comes from any form of life down to a cell, finding any life would increase the chances of intelligent contact.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by milkmustache]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
what a joke , put a couple of news stories together and declare yourself

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join