It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure imminent? Look at these headlines from the past few days

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Just my .000002 c,

I think theres often mini trends in the news, as one or two outlets decide to make a piece on the same topic.
These in turn get picked up and repeated, reworded by other outlets,
Others in turn decide to do a piece on it since it's a mini hot topic.

It just happens in the news sometimes really.

Whether that's due to NWO whatever is up to debate of course.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
But I dont get it.

Everyone is always 'CNN/Fox/BBC/newspaper is MSM propaganda' but then all of a sudden they mention aliens, like on Larry king live, and suddenly they're telling the truth?

Wheres peoples logic? Why believe one story is propaganda but not another? Because you agree with it?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Umm, I hate to break it to you but all these headlines are from the same royal society meeting?
Of course there are a lot of headlines, that's because there are a lot of different newspapers in the world.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged Dude!

I didnt realise how much the ET presence was in the news, thanks for opening my eyes. =]

MrWebby666

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
In my opinion there will never be closure from the government.
Think about what would happen if they decided to tell the world that
e.t's exist. The world will lose trust in the government for lying to us all these years
thus losing power and control over everyone as they know that alien life is a lot more powerful than the governments.
The world would go the hell as people would go into a state of panic thinking the aliens have come to kill us all just like in the 'war of the worlds' movies.
Another thing is that if the e.t's decide to land and make contact a lot of people will fear what will happen and take it upon them selves and lash out - maybe trying to attack and kill the aliens - don't forget fear is stronger than love - people fear things they don't know about.

Anyways that just scratching the surface of the possible out come of disclosure so no, in my opinion, disclosure from the government will never happen. the only way real disclosure will happen is if the e.t's them selves decide to land in a public are are say 'hello'

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Today from a Belgian news-source:

veeeeeeerrry shabby, babelfishy

" Large chance that we discovery lives extraterrestrial still "

Astronomer Martin Dominik of the university of St.Andrews in shot country thinks that it already too long more does not last honour we extraterrestrial life discovers.
" I have been persuaded of it that the current generations have an extraordinary chance still during their life the discovery of an extraterrestrial life at maken" , he said on the two-day conference concerning extraterrestrial life in London.

" There is no formal proof that life there is elsewhere, but there is a very large chance that this the case is" , astrobioloog Baruch Blumberg of Fox Chance Cancer Center in Phildadelphia stepped him.
?Arisen? lives Astrochemicus Pascale Eherenfreund of the George Washington university in VS-capitol indicated that living on ground can be arisen carbon molecules and substance from the interstellar space.
As da this way is, must the primary construction toes of living also present be in other planetary schemes the galaxy and other ASTRE schemes.

Moreover has been found there already more than 400 planets outside our solar system and exists the possibility that there within our own scheme bacteria is in the subsoil of top, on the Jupiter jupitermaan Europe or the Saturnusmaan Enceladus.

Skeptics Other scientists, such as Conway Morris of the university of Cambridge, suggest then that the arising of life has much to do with a coincidence of circumstances, which will not occur again fast. Morris fear that we even entirely only are. (belga/sam)

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OverSword
Do the math. There have been billions of species which have evolved thoughout history on this planet, and as far as we know for sure, only one capable of producing a space faring civilization, or any civilization at all for that matter. So although life may be abundant on planets orbiting other stars the odds of an intelligent potential space-faring species is low. Combine that with the probability that two planets within easy travel of each other both have a space faring civilization existant at the same time and the odds get even lower. Every time you factor in another potential element the odds get less and less. I'm not saying there are no unkown craft flying in the skies of our planet, I'm just saying that they are probably not from another world.

Couldn't agree more. I think the fact that since there has been UFO sightings for what, seventy odd years, its strange how there has never been any definitive proof. A secret that big surely couldn't be contained.

Anyway, in the eighties there were two alien films that were huge world wide hits (E.T., close encounters). Both were about friendly aliens, so why wasn't there disclosure then? It would've been a perfect opportunity.

Im gutted to believe that the UFO's spotted in the sky are man made. And the real aliens are sadly just to far away.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Try not to be so cynical. I know we're all getting impatient, but the time is quickly approaching.

Impatient?
Alien invasion is said to be close at hand since about a century. But hey, I'm sure YOU got it right this time.

Btw the "Every second day a disclosure thread"-rule holds again, the next disclosure thread has just been opened: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Verklagekasper]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Indeed it is a true fact that we should search for ET life forms on our called planet Earth.

We spend so much money in space exploration; What happened to earth exploration? We hardly know or can explain statistically the phenomenans that happen here on earth..

I won't go in to mystical and paranormal stuff, just simply under water explorations. If we knew what was underneath all that water that surrounds the earth we definately could fulfill more answers than questions asked.

The larger portion of earth is covered by water ie. lakes, seas, oceans etc.. Now we all inteligent enough to know that any artifial life requires water to sustain; our human bodies are made of 70+ % of water so is everything esle on earth.

My question is why wont the government and all the scinentific research, much focused and funded to explroe under water matter as much as our space explroation programs. I still think that we don't even have the technology to go so deep under water due to pressure and other unknown reasons. We don't have the slightest clue what we may find aprt from vessles and ships that were seized. I beleive we definately find species we have not heared of before there, as well as maybe the aliens are hiding in the right place.

Any comments or information regarding my comment, would be very interesting.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

I am sorry you don't agree with me, but I am simply answering the question "Disclosure Imminent?" with my opinion. That opinion happens to be "Not a chance, because its an absurd proposition that the government is hiding SPACE ALIENS from us, and that even after reading most of those articles, I am not swayed in the least."

Sorry if you don't agree with that.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
We are all entitled to our own opinion always so that's ok, however the government is hiding way too much from people and the way we can actually acquire some knowledge is through sites like this.

Do you agree on that?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFaceless
Today from a Belgian news-source:

veeeeeeerrry shabby, babelfishy

" Large chance that we discovery lives extraterrestrial still "

Astronomer Martin Dominik of the university of St.Andrews in shot country thinks that it already too long more does not last honour we extraterrestrial life discovers.
" I have been persuaded of it that the current generations have an extraordinary chance still during their life the discovery of an extraterrestrial life at maken" , he said on the two-day conference concerning extraterrestrial life in London.

" There is no formal proof that life there is elsewhere, but there is a very large chance that this the case is" , astrobioloog Baruch Blumberg of Fox Chance Cancer Center in Phildadelphia stepped him.
?Arisen? lives Astrochemicus Pascale Eherenfreund of the George Washington university in VS-capitol indicated that living on ground can be arisen carbon molecules and substance from the interstellar space.
As da this way is, must the primary construction toes of living also present be in other planetary schemes the galaxy and other ASTRE schemes.

Moreover has been found there already more than 400 planets outside our solar system and exists the possibility that there within our own scheme bacteria is in the subsoil of top, on the Jupiter jupitermaan Europe or the Saturnusmaan Enceladus.

Skeptics Other scientists, such as Conway Morris of the university of Cambridge, suggest then that the arising of life has much to do with a coincidence of circumstances, which will not occur again fast. Morris fear that we even entirely only are. (belga/sam)

Ummm... Was that English? Perhaps this was forced through one of those terrible "web-translators". I don't know about the rest of you, but the above passage was just about the most painful exercise in absorbing prose I've ever encountered...

In any event: Yes, we want disclosure to happen. But No, the PTB will do everything in their power (and they have plenty) to prevent disclosure as long as possible. With disclosure would come loss of control over us lowly unwashed masses. That can't happen. Thus, ignorance, no matter how much you try to deny it (good luck with that), will be forced upon you.

Until ET lands and says "hello"!?!?
Bwuahahahahahahahah...
here's an idea: walk up to the next aquarium you encounter and see if you can "land" yourself on the gravel and announce your arrival to all the fish and worms and stuff in there. Would you even want to?

Nah... The aliens have been watching (and, for the most part, laughing) from a comfortable distance for thousands of years, rarely making themselves known, plucking a specimen of something or other now and then, and that's about it. One day, a group of Alien bullies will show up, and may decide to stomp on our little ant hill of existence way out here in the galactic desert - maybe even take a few million of us back to an "Ant Farm" they use to supply the *cough* other "pets". Relax - If we're lucky, the regional alien Mall cop will prevent it and we'll go on scurrying about as usual, none the wiser. G'night now...

But in any case - keep looking up... because you never know...

[edit on 1/28/2010 by Outrageo]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
excuse my ignorance but who is the "Royal Society" ???? sounds like a freakn cult of some kind!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cydonia2012
excuse my ignorance but who is the "Royal Society" ???? sounds like a freakn cult of some kind!

Royal Society

The Royal Society of London for the Improvement of Natural Knowledge, known simply as the Royal Society, is a learned society for science, and is arguably the oldest such society in existence.
With some many resources and tools at your disposal—Google, Wikipedia—why do you think asking people is quicker and more informative than looking for the information yourself?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Im on the fence with this one for a number of reasons.

1. The media likes to jump on band wagons, if an article is selling one paper, then another paper will re-hash it and print it, just for sales.

2. "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail!" this could all just be a "what if...." preparation. We've got a lot of tech up there now with super sensitive instrumentation that will make finding any capable life bearing planets a little easier.

3. Didnt NASA mention a fairly recently that they are fairly certain that Mars harboured microbial life a long time ago?

Majority Of Human Race: "WE'RE THE ONLY ONES, WE'RE THE ONLY ONES *repeat*"
NASA: "Mars had microbes"
Majority Of Human Race: "HUH?!? CRAP! WHAT IF ALIENS COME!"

Whilst I believe that life of some form, both microbial and intelligent is most probably rife in the universe Im sure if we are being visited at all.

Im a logical person, and the logical part of my says odds too small (I will explain why), but the spritual part of me say most probably, at some point in history. Either way I have no proof to disprove it, or prove it!.

However, I dont think we are being visited by as many different species that people claim, theres like what 10+ species claimed?

Look at it this way....

Take 2 people, with nothing but bare essentials, food water, clothing. Take them to a baren Australia (or anywhere infact) and drop them both off 500 miles apart.
By baren I mean nothing, no town, no roads, nothing human made, the only landmarks natural.

Now tell them to find each other within 20 years. Not a chance!

Make it a bit easier, give them both some kinda of short range visual singalling device, flash light....at least then they can flash the light and be seen from half mile away, any chance of them finding each other, i seriously doubt it.

Ok give them both a vehicle, drive around, any easier? well maybe on your feet, but then just as you are covering more ground, so is the other guys, still very slim chance of finding the other party.

In the vastness of the universe, the chance of one species finding us by chance, or even using technology to thier advantage is slim, let alone 20 before that species dies off.

"They have super technology" you say, ok, so they have a million satelites that can each scan a solar system a second and if there is life there it will find it.....that would take billions of years to scan all stars in all gallaxies.

Logically, one at best would stumble across us, and the guy that did would probably head right back and blow all his cash on Alien Lottery that day.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have been udpating myself on this posting so today when I opened my local ( Northern, NJ USA ) news paper I thought hmmm... on the back of the frontpage in farly decent size letters was the heading LOOKING FOR ET? TRY A MICROSCOPE. It was a similar article to www.telegraph.co.uk...

I just found it a bit odd it was even in our news paper let alone on the back of the frontpage. If at all it is usually buried in the back somewhere.

Intersting!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I totally agrre, we in the uk have seen a huge amount of alien related news stories in our papers and on tv recently.

Even Specsavers the opticians are jumping aboard the bandwagon with thier brand new advert featuring crop circles and a ufo!

www.youtube.com...

Happy viewing

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by barefootsoldier

interesting!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
quote from Page 2 of the New Scientist article:

For a start, they may have a taste for flesh. "Predators tend to be more intelligent," says evolutionary biologist Lynn Rothschild of NASA's Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, California. "They have to do more moving around to outsmart the other guy. You don't have to be terribly intelligent to grab a leaf of lettuce."

Interesting someone with the last name of conspiracy theory's most notoriously mentioned “predatory alien bloodlines” would say something like that. A Lynn Rothschild, alien Rothschild.

A noteworthy synchronicity.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The whole UFO scam is the modern religion for those that are frightened of their nothingness. Their priests are well you know the names from Mexico etc and the second coming is represented in their belief in Disclosure. I wonder what believers will move onto next to fill their void? And you know what Bill Cooper was big enough to admit that he was duped by his evil manipulative government and changed his mind on the extraterrestrial nature of the strange sightings that he witnessed. You think government/elite rulers that have made your life the miserable existence it is, will do anything other than deceive? Oh, the innocence of children waiting to be delivered.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join