It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They just want to go home..........D9 in real life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

We are the Bushmen of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Botswana. Together with our children, we number around 1,000 people. The government has forced us off our ancestral land, and now we live in resettlement camps. Since being relocated we have problems we never knew before: drinking, violence, HIV/AIDS. Many of us are dying in the camps. When we try to hunt or gather we are arrested and sometimes tortured.

In December 2006 we had a historic victory in the Botswana courts. The judges ruled that our forced relocation from our beloved land was unlawful, and that we have the right to go back and hunt there as we have always done. However, despite the judgment, the government won't let us hunt and is stopping us using the water borehole on our land. It has also refused to help us with transport home. Because of this, most of us have not yet been able to return.

We just want to go home. Please help us.

www.iwant2gohome.org...

After going to the site through the link above each of their pictures. Mouse over each of the pictures and a name and message will appear.

Another world injustice.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is really sad. I was just wading around old threads and whatnot and found this. I can't believe it never got any posts! I want to help. I'm gonna go read the site more to see what I can do. I did mouse over a lot of the faces and it is heartbreaking. Anyway, thanks for showing us this. I wish more people would look at it and help.

join