It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Was the Universe Created By A Big Bang?" -Several of the World's Leading Cosmologists Say "No"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
www.dailygalaxy.com...

Quote from source:
Several of the worlds leading astrophysicists believe there was no Big Bang that brought the universe and time into existence. Before the Big Bang, the standard theory assumes, there was no space, just nothing. Einstein merged the universe into a single entity: not space, not time, but spacetime.

Proponents of branes propose that we are trapped in a thin membrane of space-time embedded in a much larger cosmos from which neither light nor energy -except gravity- can escape or enter and that that "dark matter" is just the rest of the universe that we can't see because light can't escape from or enter into our membrane from the great bulk of the universe. And our membrane may be only one of many, all of which may warp, connect, and collide with one another in as many as 10 dimensions -a new frontier physicists call the "brane world." Stephen Hawking, among others, envisions brane worlds perculating up out of the void, giving rise to whole new universes.

One of the most important space probes of the century is the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) launched in 2001 to measure the temperature differences in the Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) radiatiion -the 14-billion year old Big Bang's remnant radiant heat . The anisotropies then in turn are used to measure the universe's geometry, content, and evolution; and, perhaps most importantly, to test the Big Bang model, and the cosmic inflation theory. WMAP data seem to support a universe that is dominated by dark energy in the form of a cosmological constant.

Interesting read. Thought I would bring this to attention because in another one of my threads I was talking about open minded people. I thought to think that the big bang is 100% was wrong to begin with. Science changes all the time. (not to say it is right now) But at least we are willing to look at interesting ideas.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The problem with the "big bang" theory is that you still don't account for the moment before the bang...

membrane theory is still just a theory and a way to deal with time and existance...but still just an idea that can't be proven...like all the others.

because we know so very little about the universe, I'm afraid we really can't do anything but guess and theorize about singularities, membranes, first-cause, no cause..infinity and time....the more we ask and observe, the more we discover what we do not know...

Still, it is a wondrous thing to just observe and ponder.

new topics

join