It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1947 and the doomsday clock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
does anyone think that it was strange for the doomsday clock to be invented in 1947 after roswell??, or was it just scare tactics on the cold war?

The Doomsday Clock is a symbolic clock face, maintained since 1947 by the board of directors of the people Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists at the University of Chicago. The closer the clock is to midnight, the closer the world is estimated to be to global disaster. As of January 14, 2010, the Doomsday Clock now stands at six minutes to midnight;[1][2] since its creation the time on the clock has changed 19 times

The dooms day clock is a clock that was thought up by the untied states government to count down the time till the world ends... (armageddon). Every time we have a disaster like the world trade centers destruction the clock advances by some amount of time,
but there wasn't disasters in 1947 lol, if there where surely the americans would have just obliterated them back

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by starshiner

does anyone think that it was strange for the doomsday clock to be invented in 1947 after roswell??, or was it just scare tactics on the cold war?

Mind control by the military industrial complex?

Interesting that the clock is at the university of chicago and Obama was a professor at said institution.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
mind control?

don't think it would be that, it is just a rough guide

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
has anyone got any idea why this clock was invented and who got the idea and where from

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The clock was invented by Obama and the idea came from the ancient Mayans.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Do you recall what the Alien said in "The Day The Earth Stood Still"...? well those are the mandates to join the Galatic Federation.
only problem is... well, unfortunately we as beings dont count in the larger picture... and I for one will not support a Communist/Fascist/Despotic regime so we can join this Galactic Federation... those Aliens can kiss my bunghole.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

sorry i do not recall watching that film lol.
could you explain what you mean for me please

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The clock also moves backwards when tensions in the world and such decrease. en.wikipedia.org...

But that is an interesting theory; there is a possibility that it is actually encoded warnings about the tensions we have with aliens, or the likelihood that we'll tick (:@@
them off enough to come and wreak vengeance on us. I doubt it's true, but it's interesting nonetheless.

top topics

join