It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Ellie Light?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Source Article - Cleveland.com

Ellie Light sure gets around. In recent weeks, Light has published virtually identical “Letters to the Editor” in support of President Barack Obama in more than a dozen newspapers.Every letter claimed a different residence for Light that happened to be in the newspaper’s circulation area.

“It’s time for Americans to realize that governing is hard work, and that a president can’t just wave a magic wand and fix everything,” said a letter from alleged Philadelphian Ellie Light, that was published in the Jan. 19 edition of The Philadelphia Daily News. A letter from Light in the Jan. 20 edition of the San Francisco Examiner concluded with an identical sentence, but with an address for Light all the way across the country in Daly City, California.

Sure, this kind of stuff goes on all the time...but this blatant? Not even changing the name? Do they think we are THAT stupid?

Variations of Light’s letter ran in Ohio’s Mansfield News Journal on Jan. 13, with Light claiming an address in Mansfield; in New Mexico’s Ruidoso News on Jan. 12, claiming an address in Three Rivers; in South Carolina’s The Sun News on Jan. 18, claiming an address in Myrtle Beach; and in the Daily News Leader of Staunton, Virginia on Jan. 15, claiming an address in Waynesboro. Her publications list includes other papers in Ohio, West Virginia, Maine, Michigan, Iowa, Pennsylvania and California, all claiming separate addresses. Light – who e-mailed an identical missive to this reporter on Jan. 16 without listing a hometown – would not answer e-mailed questions about the address discrepancies in newspapers that ran her letter, or her identity, although she did say she wasn’t a former co-worker of this reporter’s who had a similar name

Anybody still think MSM is not run by the Gov.?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hey, c'mon Signals.

You mean you can't believe there's a bunch of Ellie Lights living all around the country who just so happen to think EXACTLY the same way and write letters to the editor using almost EXACTLY the same phrasing.

With the way we've all been dumbed down by the MSM and public education, it's amazing anyone can come up with an original thought.

I'm sure Ellie was just a common name a few years back and now all the Ellie Lights are old enough to write letters to the editor. Being brainwashed syncopants of the New World Order, they can't come up with anything original and all just happened to write the same letter.

See there's a simple explanation for all of this.

Stop being such a conspiracy freak!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Or could be a double up, old school tactic, fogs things up...

Who knows, truth is opinion these days, opinion is truth.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thanks...now how do I stop? I think I need an intervention....

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thanks...now how do I stop? I think I need an intervention....

Easy;

Just watch as much MSM as you can possibly stomach and try really hard to BELIEVE all the manure they shovel down your throat every day.

In no time flat, you too can be a mindless tool of the NWO.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It's awesome that you posted this. I love it when people(The Ellie in the story, in this case) somehow come to believe that their political cause is more important than the truth, and that it is okay to lie to get your message across because your message is just that important. Inflammatory or not: Ellie's methodology is quite representitive of the . . . political entities . . . which she writes in such support of, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The real question is...
How did "she" get published in so many papers without anyone verifying her?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonsbreaths

I think she was verified -

by the real people in control.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Nah.

My theory is that Michelle O. just got a new computer for her and the kids.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by Signals

an anagram of "Ellie light" may or may not reveal some clues, but you may find it interesting if you define "leige" and look up "Illht" separately.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
What are the chances it's just one person writing, via email, to various editors across the country? Pretty good, considering everyone they verified was the same person lying about where they're from:

...in most cases calling the phone number provided by the writer to confirm she was the author. However, she responded with false information and a series of different hometowns.

The internet can help an individual accomplish amazing things if they know how to use it.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well, you asked and now we know who "Ellie Light" is; some fat, effeminate dude who worships the ground Obama walks on.

WASHINGTON — In an interview with Raw Story, prolific Obama supporter and letter-writer “Ellie Light” slammed conservatives claiming the published writings were part of a White House “astroturf” operation, and regretted the “damage” they’ve done to the president.

The interview was conducted before the Cleveland Plain Dealer revealed that the deep, husky-voiced “woman” publicly calling herself “Ellie Light” was actually a man named Winston Steward. Most initially believed he was a woman, probably due to his mannerisms and tone, including this reporter.

Steward, 51, is a traveling health care worker based in Frazier Park, California. He admitted to being the author of letters published in dozens of newspapers across the country — sent with fake addresses from a variety of locations — under the name “Ellie Light.”

“The damage has been done,” Steward told Raw Story, “with blog posts and YouTube videos. I don’t think anything can undo that.”

He ripped conservatives for their unsubstantiated allegations about his ostensible affiliations with the White House

"They are conspiracy theorists, there’s no doubt. Apparently I’m a space alien, that’s the newest thing on one Web site, so it just goes on and on. The Michelle Malkin people — they’re clowns. We know they’re clowns.”

Prison Planet

That freak just called you a clown Signals, are you gonna take that?

new topics

top topics

join