It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
· Abstinence-only sex education: Get AIDS and die, sinners.
· Accountability: Sovereign immunity
· Actionable Intelligence: Groupthink
· Affirmative action: Organized discrimination against Whites
· Balanced budget: Trillions for war, but not one penny for social programs
· Balance of powers: Meaningless impediments to proper government
· Bipartisanship: "Date rape"--Grover Norquist
· Big government: Social programs for the poor and minorities
· Big tent: You can come in, but you have to stand over there and cheer whenever we give the signal
· Clash of civilizations: Anti-Muslim Crusade
· Class war: The oppression of the rich by the poor
· Communist: Black
· Compassionate Conservatism: Rank hypocrisy
· Competition: Subsidies and other government favors
· Consensus: What we say we think
· Conservative: Greedy, racist, or Christian Dominionist
· Controversial: We said No!
· Corruption: Acting in the public interest, rather than staying bought by corporations
· Culture war: "This is a Christian country! How dare you quote Thomas Jefferson?"; The oppression of the Christian Right by atheists (everybody else, including other Christians)
· Commentator: Propagandist
· Defense Department: War Department
· Democracy: Oligarchy; rule by our sort
· Diplomacy: Shoot first and refuse to answer questions later
· Domestic terrorist: The ACLU, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference
· Due process: The rules that apply only to Real Americans
· Economics: Fairy tales, "Voodoo", Market Fundamentalism, Reaganomics, pie in the sky
· Education: Indoctrination
· Empathy: Palling around with the riff-raff
· Enhanced interrogation: Torture
· Elitism: Wanting everybody to get a real education
· Equal rights: More equal for us
· Evidence: Lousy Liberal-biased facts
· Family values: Our families, not yours
· Fascist: Black
· Fiscal responsibility: Cutting social programs for the poor and minorities
· Free and fair election: One that our candidate won
· Free markets, Free trade: Free for corporations, not for natural persons
· Freedom of religion: You can go to Hell.
· Freedom of speech, and of the press: When I want to hear your opinion, I'll tell it to you.
· Grassroots organization: Subsidiary of lobbying firm
· Human rights: Property rights. Well, guns, too.
· Immorality: Sex education
· Judicial activist: One who holds that Constitutional protections apply to the riff-raff
· Law and order: Keeping the riff-raff down
· Legal technicalities: Constitutional protections
· Liberal: Richard M. Nixon, the tree-hugging (EPA), Socialist (guaranteed income), Peacenik (ended Vietnam War) appeaser (trip to China); Barry Goldwater, the anti-Christian-Right supporter of gays in the military
· Liberal bias: Any concern for facts
· Liberal Media:Those biased by facts; Mainstream media
· Liberty: Property rights, gun rights, no regulation of business, no enforcement of civil rights for the poor and for minorities
· Loony Left: Moderate Republicans
· Mainstream of American thought: American exceptionalism; White Supremacy; unfettered corporate greed
· Mainstream media: Right-wing media
· National security: Keeping the world safe for kleptocracy
· Nazi: Black
· News: What it says in our press releases
· Obama is Hitler, Stalin, the AntiChrist, not a US citizen, etc.: He's Black, which is worse.
· Ordinary citizen: Lobbyist
· Original intent: In Constitutional law, slavery and exclusion of women and the poor from voting
· Ownership society: Way more for us with a few crumbs for you, if you vote for us
· Patriot: Scoundrel
· Person: Corporation; White male
· Personal responsibility: Do as I say, not as I do
· Pork: Social programs for the poor and minorities
· Principles, Conservative : "All for us and nothing for other people"--Adam Smith
· The Public Interest: The interests of corporations
· Public works: Pork
· Quotas: Organized discrimination against Whites
· Racism: Alleged Black and Hispanic hatred of Whites
· Real Americans: White male Republican Christians
· Reporter: Advocate
· Republic: Oligarchy; rule by our sort, as described by Plato
· Right to life: Rights of the unborn, but not of anybody else. In extreme cases, Death to abortionists!
· Rule of law: What I say goes
· Science: Creationism
· Small government: No social programs for the poor and minorities
· Socialist: Black
· Southern Strategy: The South will rise again!
· Special interests: The public interest
· Starve the beast: No social programs for the poor
· States' rights: The right to oppress their own people
· Statesman: Naked opportunist
· Strict constructionist: One who upholds slavery and exclusion of women and the poor from voting; one who maintains that the 14th Amendment protections for ex-slaves are primarily meant to protect corporations
· Support the troops: Support the war
· Tax protest: He's Black.
· Terrorist: Democrat
· Thoughtful: Unprincipled
· Traitor: Democrat
· Trickle-down: Gusher up
· Truth: What we say today, no matter what we said last year.
· Tyranny: Enforcement of civil rights legislation and regulation of business
· Tyrant: Elected Black Democrat
· Unamerican: American
· Unitary executive: King; theocrat
· Unsound: Principled
· Uppity: Thinking that equality applies to you
· Voter Fraud: Anything that lets more poor people and minorities vote
· War on drugs: War on Black society
· Waste, fraud, and abuse: Government spending on the poor and minorities
I guess you need a dictionary or reading glasses. You only have to go as far as "Affirmative Action" on the list to see it is not some liberal hit piece on the right. It seems to encapsulate the Washington elite pretty nicely as I know no 'progressive' that would brag about advocating racism against their own people. That is what Rush and Beck would call it and there it is on the list. So settle down and get a dictionary or use google if you need to know what a word means so badly. You obviously want some biased political answer or a lefty joke to swing at. All I see is a post whining that after not bothering to read the list fully, it still did not speak to your sensibilities. Try clicking a different thread. I am sure a new birth certificate thread is just waiting around the corner for ya.
Before you decide to correct my grammar or try to correct me on what a word means, decide if you are willing to debate the English language with me or not. READY TO GO, ANYTIME!
Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by Lillydale
Really, since your signature states "READY TO GO, ANYTIME!"
What is wrong with NOW! Come on, give me the breakdown on the label progressive-thanks whaaa-every once in awhile I feel the need to label and box. Especially when people try to hide their TRUE intentions.
Kind of irks me when pseudo-intellectuals ATTEMPT to obfuscate and derail.
I find it amazing this was created by a liberal and they left out the code word.
Progressive. Come on, when a Republican says Progressive, it must be code word for something. What is it?
Originally posted by endisnighe
The Funniest thing about YOUR comment, is actually YOUR signature.
I am just asking the meaning of a word. What is wrong with that?
Really, I am interested in finding out what the TRUE agenda is of the progressive movement.
Much of political discourse is conducted in a code designed to express a particular point of view to supporters, while being able to deny that implication to the rest of society. This is the definition of Orwellian Newspeak, as described in the novel 1984. The key code words in the novel were
There is no mention of right and left. The OP is baiting.
Frank Luntz is the principal architect of Republican code language. He has publicly praised the idea of Newspeak.
I found this crazy list on a liberal website. Some of the definitions are just plain silly, some are offensive and surprisingly, many are dead on.
Originally posted by endisnighe
Obfuscation and derail by attack. Good work.
Wow, they provide a link to someone they STATE creates code words. Excellent point, NOT!
Please provide link or proof this list comes from anyone other then a liberal.
Please prove me wrong, I would really love it.
Affirmative action: Organized discrimination against Whites